z

Young Writers Society

Alice's Book Covers! [CLOSED FOR MULTIPLE REASONS]

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:57 am
Charm says...

@Hattable
Here is that one I made for you. I'm so sorry! I forgot to post it in the thread! If it's not what you want just tell me and I can start from scratch and/or just change the little things you see fault in. I couldn't find the ship like you wanted, sorry about that. :/

Gosh I cannot believe I made you wait days when others only waited hours...
Attachments
rsz_averytrenthattable.jpg

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 am
Hattable says...

Ooh, that's cool, @MadWriter. :D

I'm interested to see what else you could come up with for this novel XP but this works. Thanks! ^-^
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

277 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:10 am
Charm says...

I can make more if you want. This is just one. I usually make three but I was having a hard time with your novel since finding things for science fiction are hard... I'll make some more if you want :D

141 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:12 am
Hattable says...

If you don't mind making some more, that'd be pretty cool. ;-;

277 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:35 am
Charm says...

Sure. I'm not offended if you don't like this one. I want you to leave here with a book cover you absolutely love. Do you think you could give me more description of the world your novel takes place in or of important scenes/settings in the novel?

Edit: Also what type of art style are you looking for on your book cover? Is your novel like funny or serious?

Edit Part 2: Is there any funny dialogue that might look good on a book cover. I'm saying this because I'm getting ideas for the book cover xD Oh! also what is Avery's and Jason's relationship like? Do like get mad at each other often? Do they act like they hate each other but actually like each other?

141 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:12 am
Hattable says...

Sorry, had to go somewhere.

Okay, soooo... The novel's pretty much sort of an attempt at a sci-fi comedy? But it also gets pretty dark and serious at parts (particularly towards the end, it'll be doing that).
There aren't really any taglines you could include on the cover. I really want one, but I've yet to come up with one. ;-;
As for Avery and Jason's relationship... They were only officially introduced half a day ago, so far in my progress, and they're already getting to know one another very well. I plan for them to become really good friends by the end.
They definitely don't hate each other. They sort of bounce off one another with ideas and thoughts and things? I dunno, they interact fantastically and I love it, but I'm not sure how to explain it. Sorry. ;-;

More descriptiooon, let's seeee...

Mostly it takes place in the spaceship so far, but there's one planet they'll get to eventually that's pretty darn important. It's like, largely aaaa... hmm... like, grassy fields and some wooded areas? There's rivers and streams, and lots of fireflies. The sky is purple, if I remember correctly. Varying shades of purple.
Another important place, though, is a grassy green hill with a large oak tree at the top. The sky's kind of gold with silver clouds, and there's planets and moons visible in the sky, far in the distance.

Oh, and I don't have any ideas for art styles, really.

Anyway, I hope that helps. ;-; Lemme know if you need anything else, I look forward to seeing what you come up with! ^^

277 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:37 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Here are some that I've made. Do you like these? Is there anything you want me to change?
Attachments
rsz_cartoonaverytrent_1.jpg
rsz_averytrent_1.jpg
rsz_averytrent.jpg

141 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:10 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

OH MY GOD THAT FIRST ONE IS PERFECT.

Thank you thank you thank you, I love this.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:36 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Because book covers are fun ^_^

[Title] The Patterson Files: Burned
[Genre] hm, I'm still trying to figure this one out. It's a spy novel so, action, mystery, anything along those lines.
[synopsis of your novel] The short synopsis is this. Bryn Patterson has been training at a school to become a Vido agent for the past five years. For as long as she can remember she's wanted to be one. The problem is she's missing ten years of her life. She can't remember how she got to this school or anything between the ages of four and fourteen. Now she's seventeen, ready to take that leap into the big bad world of spying.

But on a day when it seems like her future is lost, she receives a journal written by her parents. It's filled with memories that Bryn knows she should have, but they just seem like stories. Once the mysteries of the journal start revealing themselves to her she starts second guessing her steps. Her closest friends could possibly turn out to be her worst enemies and the agency she's been working hard to join hides a lot from the people it employs. Her search for the truth may never end.
[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] Noelle
[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] I see the cover being rather dark. Definitely colors (like blue and purple, that kinda thing) but nothing light.
[Deadline] Yeah, just whenever you get it done. I just want something fun to put in my word file for this novel. Inspiration and all that ^_^
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

277 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:36 pm
Charm says...

*sigh of relief*
I am so glad. I actually found that one and was like "hmmm...I don't know..." It's my favorite out of the three xD
@Hattable

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:56 pm
SkyeWalker says...

I may have to start one of these as well, Mad XD

Cause I SO don't have everything to do already
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

277 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:40 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@Noelle
Are these good? :D
Attachments
rsz_burned.jpg
rsz_the_mist_1.jpg
rsz_the_mist.jpg

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:43 pm
Snazzy says...

Yes - although I was looking for something a little more fantasy-ish... (I'm sorry - I know you had mentioned finding fantasy-ish stuff was the hardest.) Although I really, really like the font. :)
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:34 pm
Pompadour says...

These are all so pretty!

Title: Tryal's Curse
Genre: Juvenile Fantasy//Dystopian Fantasy + Action/Adventure
Synopsis: [YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW DIFFICULT THIS WAS.]

Adreitus is a land caught in the grips of a deadly curse, a curse that is leading to its slow but steady demise. On one side, it is a flourishing magical land, where the arts of Healing and Potioneering far surpass those of its neighbours--on the other, it is a caucus for corruption, child-trafficking, and the biggest problem of all: a Blacksmith invasion.

Another minor issue: the king is dying.

Elborn Radagel is a man with a comfortable life: village Meka, best friend to Ixister of the Meare, loving uncle ... but one letter from the High Court of Adreitus is quick to change that all. When his niece runs away to see the Ixister of Dreams, Quixa, and his best friend is moved from his position on the Ixister Council, Elborn's life shrivels up--and along with it, his ego.

Meanwhile, Evian Threshold is a man with a murky past, who has settled down in the industrial hub of Adreitus, and hates the current rule with a passion. When he gets into trouble with the law, he runs away, but fate causes him to be swept up into a cycle of events he /really/ never expected to be part of. Several run-ins with vampires and one slave child later, he might perhaps have to come to terms with his past far sooner than he thinks....

Username: Pompadour

Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind: The novel starts out pretty light, but has some more serious/darker undertones. The majority of it takes place either in your typical fantastical cities (cobblestoned streets and all that jazz), but magical electricity is a thing! There are also houses built into the sides of mountains, kooky-looking castles, and lots of dark caves and tunnels. I was thinking something like this?, except the image is king of, erm, long-ish. Or if you could use this image, it'd be fantastic.

Deadline: You have half-an-hour.

Nah, whatever suits you~ I'm good with waiting. :P
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:36 pm
Noelle says...

Mad, those are wonderful!! Especially the first and third one. Thanks so much!
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight