z

Young Writers Society

Rain's Quirky Creations

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:44 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Hello! I'm going to be posting many of the things I've made with polymer clay here. Polymer clay is basically an oven-bake clay that comes in a wide variety of colors, and even more if you blend them together.

I love making charms, chibis, and other quirky things out of polymer clay. Critiques are totally welcome and my style is constantly changing and improving so if you have any tips, tell me!

Also please excuse the photo quality >,> I take all of these photos on my iPhone 4 camera which is definitely not the best thing around.

This one is an elf princess (she was going to be a fairy but I didn't add the wings).
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (26.72 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Last edited by EternalRain on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

456 Reviews

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:46 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Sorry for the messy picture. Also, this picture is when the glaze that I had put on it was still wet, so it looks extremely weird o.o It was for my friend for her birthday because her birthday is in November, and she's a Saggitarious (which is a centaur).
Attachments
image (1).jpeg
image (1).jpeg (30.48 KiB) Viewed 347 times
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

456 Reviews

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:03 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Made this cat type girl today! ^-^
Attachments
image (4).jpeg
image (4).jpeg (21.16 KiB) Viewed 342 times

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:23 am
View Likes
Que says...

Cool stuff, Rain! But how do you do intricate details like the eyes on the centaur? Is that clay too, or paint? Also, I like the hair of the first one very much. ^-^
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

456 Reviews

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:36 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Thank you! c: For the centaur, the eyes are clay except for the blue coloring, which is chalk pastels watered down the tiniest bit. Everything else is clay!

Also, the blush is chalk pastels too, but not watered down.

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

456 Reviews

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:18 pm
View Likes
EternalRain says...

This is a s'mores necklace -- actually four different necklaces. It's supposed to be one of those cute lil best friend type of things between four people.
Attachments
image (6).jpeg
image (6).jpeg (22.44 KiB) Viewed 296 times

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

456 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:22 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

So, I *attempted* to do a steampunk dragon but it looks nothing like a dragon nor anything steampunk. But eh, I'm posting it anyway. xD There's some powdered chalk pastel affect to it - I used gold clay for the body but orange(ish) chalk pastel and brushed that on there.
Attachments
image (9).jpeg
image (9).jpeg (23.45 KiB) Viewed 284 times

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

456 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:28 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

A mermaid girl - I like this one a lot. c:
Attachments
image (10).jpeg
image (10).jpeg (41.5 KiB) Viewed 282 times

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

456 Reviews

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:15 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

I haven't posted in a while! I actually haven't been working with clay that much lately. :O Anyway, this is clay Chat Noir! It's 100% clay, except for the mask, which I painted on (and the eyepin - but does that really count?). Everything else is pretty simple.

chat noir.jpg
chat noir.jpg (12.32 KiB) Viewed 255 times

And this is a fairyish person girl. The left arm looks a bit weird. O-o Anyway, I added a bit of glitter to her dress, and her eyes are also painted on! I'm trying a new style for the faces/eyes (and I got new paint at Michael's! :D) The rose is her hair is a cabochon I got off Etsy (it's plastic or resin or something like that). I glued it on right after I baked it.

fairy-girl.jpg

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

456 Reviews

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:16 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Yeah, it's been forever. I haven't taken pictures of my stuff in a while, and I also haven't been doing it as much as I used to (hopefully that will change!). I moved my workspace down to my room, and it feels so much more professional. :o

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather