z

Young Writers Society

Lineless Art from Yours Truely

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:11 am
Sponson Light says...

Guessed I made em a bit too muscular, huh?
I wanted her to be muscular, though.
Soft sleek legs are for the tender.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:30 am
Rydia says...

The outfits fine but I agree that if you're going to give her muscles they need to be more subtle.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:32 am
Snoink says...

Sponson Light wrote:Guessed I made em a bit too muscular, huh?
I wanted her to be muscular, though.
Soft sleek legs are for the tender.

Yeah, but her legs look like they have veins popping out. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:43 pm
Sponson Light says...

You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:19 pm
Snoink says...

Ahhh... much better! :D

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Random avatar

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:28 pm
Sponson Light says...

Yeah, I go to school and ask a few of the senior AP art students for criticism. They come up with like... 90% of the crits I get.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:49 pm
Areida says...

Her legs look much less manly. I think she now passes for just a really buff chick.

The background is pretty cool, too! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:47 am
Jennafina says...

Hippy (hippie?) Girl

Great pose! :D She's very alive looking.

I love her face and hair. Her eyes would be prettier if they had a pupil, though. Her hands seem too detailed, and look out of place. Also, her left elbow looks like it's bent in an impossible way. She looks a little off balance, too. Maybe it's the shoes?

Bear Girl
She has really masculine legs, and her stomach and neck look too muscled as well. Women's muscles are softer looking.

I really like the details in this one, especially the buttons on her clothes and the stitches on her gloves. The bear looks happy. xD Sweet background. I like how you left the base color white. It makes it stand out.

Thanks for posting these!

Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:19 am
Sponson Light says...

She has really masculine legs, and her stomach and neck look too muscled as well. Women's muscles are softer looking.

Well good, they're suppose to be muscular. Soft is not an issue. A man's muscles can be soft. But then its just fat.
Maybe a slenderer frame, but not soft, that varies from person to person (how much you work out, what you eat... etc.)

The last thing I wanna do right now is draw another impractical bikini girl. You know those.

On the hippie girl, is she unbalanced because she is moving, or is she unbalanced because of the way she moves? shes not exactly standing.
ie. if you fall down, you are unbalanced because of the way you move. If you are running, you are unbalanced because you are moving.

What can I do to tone down the detail of the hands? I kept it as simple as I can while defining the fingers and the two basic folds.
and the elbow.

I have a question for all of you, actually. Why is being buff bad?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:59 am
Snoink says...

Because we women hide our muscles better. While men have ripped chests and stuff, we don't. We just look fit, if we're buffed usually.

...ripped muscles for me usually means steroids, and steroids are bad. :?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:58 pm
Rydia says...

This is better but the stomach muscles need some work.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:02 pm
Sponson Light says...

Okay, how do I go about fixing it?

pointing out something isnt gonna help.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:11 pm
Fand says...

I love the second and third! Amazing, Sponson!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:31 pm
Ego says...

Kitty--no, the stomach muscles are fine.

Snoinky--if you think women can't be ripped without Steroids, you should check out the ladies' track and field throwing team.

Looks great, Sponson. Really amazing, my friend.

I have to point out that she's holding the staff slightly imbalanced, but hey, who cares.

I have no problem understanding why she would be more masculine looking--she's a freekin' WILD PERSON. Not civilized. Living in the WOODS. She wouldn't look like Angelina Jolie at the Oscars.

I dig it dude.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:18 am
Sponson Light says...

Hunter wrote:Kitty--no, the stomach muscles are fine.

Snoinky--if you think women can't be ripped without Steroids, you should check out the ladies' track and field throwing team.

Looks great, Sponson. Really amazing, my friend.

I have to point out that she's holding the staff slightly imbalanced, but hey, who cares.

I have no problem understanding why she would be more masculine looking--she's a freekin' WILD PERSON. Not civilized. Living in the WOODS. She wouldn't look like Angelina Jolie at the Oscars.

I dig it dude.

Thats exactly what I think! Shes a feral person, why wouldnt she have muscles?

Its like saying wild lamb should taste like veal.

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights