z

Young Writers Society

Who's ready for NaNoWriMo?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:57 pm
Emerson says...

I get what you mean. I'm unsure of my WHOLE ending though and of a large part of my plot, kind of...I'm sure I could fix a good part of it but it still irritates me, I don't know what I'm going to do... Maybe I'll just write it during Nano and the ending will come to me? Doubt it!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:00 pm
Poor Imp says...

Claudette wrote:I get what you mean. I'm unsure of my WHOLE ending though and of a large part of my plot, kind of...I'm sure I could fix a good part of it but it still irritates me, I don't know what I'm going to do... Maybe I'll just write it during Nano and the ending will come to me? Doubt it!

Well, on the bright side...if an ending doesn't come you'll just have to keep writing, in which case you'll be bound to get 50,000 words. ^_~
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:03 pm
Cassandra says...

Aye. I've basically given up on figuring out my ending. XD I'm hoping intensely that it will come to me in the end rush of NaNo.

Oh, wow. Does everyone realize that it's the eighteenth? That's, what, thirteen days left? Thirteen! Under two weeks! *Dies*
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:03 pm
Emerson says...

hah! oh gosh. I'm scared..... WHAT IF MY PLOT HAS NO ENDING!??!?!?! That would be mean to the reader. I hate books with 'to be continued's at the very end!

*fights with self because Nano is controlling and painful yet enjoyable*
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:27 pm
Jester says...

Hmm, I think I'll have to give this one a shot. I don't know if I can do it, but it will be worth the effort.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:37 pm
Sureal says...

Okay, I've just signed up.

I have no idea at all what I'm going to write (no, not even a genre), and can't be bothered to even think about it right now. So, in short, no - I'm no where near ready 8).

It's probably a good thing that I enjoy impulsive writing - although by the end, my novel probably won't make any sense, but what the hell ;).
I wrote the above just for you.

2058 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:46 pm
Emerson says...

you have two weeks....better hurry!

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:06 am
yoha_ahoy says...

I still haven't done any planning yet. I probably should now that I think about it. I just don't have any TIME!!! Arg....

But now I am devoted to creating a character about my friend Ian who got killed yesterday in a car accident. He was a such a crazy and positive person. So friendly too. He always knew just what to say. He should be a fun character to recreate. It'll be hard though. *sigh* I'm determined though. :)

Good luck to eveyone else! Keep it up! :D
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:09 am
Cassandra says...

I'm sorry, yoha. But he sounds like he will indeed make a good character. :)

And...I've just about given up on outlining. Letting it all just come out in the writing from chapter eleven and on...
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:35 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

awww but you could always outline with me, cass :-D

i have to outline XD Im crazy like that.

Sorry about your friend, I'm sure they'd love the dedication you are showing to them.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:52 am
Elelel says...

Elelel: What kind of solo? instrument, or singing?

Instrumental. I play the clarinet.

Hey! If I run out of plot I can just have a character have to do a major performance on an instrument and spent 5000 or so words panicking about it!

Oh, wow. Does everyone realize that it's the eighteenth? That's, what, thirteen days left? Thirteen! Under two weeks! *Dies*

Now it's the 19th! AND I DON'T HAVE A PLOT!!! *major panickage*
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:45 am
Firestarter says...

All this about endings! It took me about five minutes to work out my ending. Ooh, it's climatic ...

Anyway, my main plot problems are with the inbetweens, the sub-plots -- I have general points where cool stuff happens, but I'm not always sure how to write to get to those points.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:41 am
Emerson says...

Yeah, I was worrying about the ending...

But I decided last night that I'll come up with it as I go, hoping the hype of my rising climax will bring a good show! (Did I just rhyme?)

This whole nano thing, its tough...I hope I actually finish it.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:43 am
tinny says...

Oh man oh man oh man!
I stupidly started a bleach fanfic two weeks ago (why? WHY?) And now I have to finish it before I start planning in depth or I'll never get anything done! *starts twitching*

I need to embark on a journey for a plot... Or at least for a clean empty head.

Twelve days to finish one thinga nd plan the next... Ak!
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:41 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Ha ha... I had my ending before my beginning! I think I'm just crazy like that.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore