z

Young Writers Society

Who's ready for NaNoWriMo?

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:17 pm
KailaMarie says...

I'm definitely doing it again this year. I did it last year, and it was AMAZING!

Anyone else staying up til midnight on halloween to start? I might pull an all nighter. :D
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:13 am
GryphonFledgling says...

Anyone else staying up til midnight on halloween to start? I might pull an all nighter.

I did that last year and am doing it again this year. It's pretty awesomesauce!
I am reminded of the babe by you.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:02 am
Rena0421 says...

Hey. I actually just got into this NaNo thing and I have a questions, can my November NaNo be about anything at all? And what if I don't finish my novel by the end of the month?

But, staying on topic: I am so ready. I'm excited, really. Marked my calender and I will totally be pulling an all nighter for this(:

-Rena.
rena;;let the future pass and don't let go

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:36 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Rena:

NaNo can be about anything yes, and there's no consequences if you don't finish. You haven't got anything to lose except 30 days of your life.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:03 am
foxfire says...

i want to write and join nanowrimo but i am hindered by my exams
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:36 am
Evi says...

Haha, yes, I'm extremely excited! Of course, in the spirit of NaNo insanity, I just recently scrapped the plot I've been working on for about a year and essentially started over. So let the fun begin! ^^
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

I can't wait to start writing! No plot problems for me, fortunately. :)
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:54 pm
peanut19 says...

This is my first year for NaNo, I think it's a pretty good way to celebrate the beginning of my 2nd year on YWS (even if it is a little late). I haven't had any plot problems but knowing my luck they'll pop up mid-November. I'm so excited, I wish November would get here already.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:26 am
Angels-Symphony says...

I'm doing nano too :D First year everrr!

However, I do want my story idea to be more quality than quantity-based, so if I come across a bump in the story, I'm not going to pull out randoms to get word count :(

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:06 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

However, I do want my story idea to be more quality than quantity-based, so if I come across a bump in the story, I'm not going to pull out randoms to get word count

I'm with you there. I've heard stories about how people have random happenstances occur just to pad wordcount when they get stuck. I actually had trouble fitting my whole story into a mere thirty days...

That was last year though. Who knows how it's going to go this year?
I am reminded of the babe by you.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:15 pm
LibraLoo says...

This is my first year actually trying NaNoWriMo, and I'm really excited! I usually wait till after school to write because I think of a lot of great things to add. All my characters are real angsty! Just the way I like 'em! Except I feel the need to edit all the time xD

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:22 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Hmm.... this sounds fun. Now I just have to wait a year. *pulls out calendar*

This is gonna be longer than I thought.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:47 pm
AddictionToFiction says...

I agree Dreamy115. Long year... *sigh* I can't believe I'd never heard of it until AFTER it ended! *sigh again* Long, long year... :(
I gave up telling people I hear voices. So now I talk to the voices instead.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:49 pm
AddictionToFiction says...

I agree Dreamy115. Long year... *sigh* I can't believe I'd never heard of it until AFTER it ended! *sigh again* Long, long year... :(
I gave up telling people I hear voices. So now I talk to the voices instead.

Reviews: 2
Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:52 pm
Harper says...

Angels-Symphony wrote:However, I do want my story idea to be more quality than quantity-based, so if I come across a bump in the story, I'm not going to pull out randoms to get word count :(

I kind of had that problem last year doing it the first time, only when I came to a bump in the story, I didn't pull out some stupid ". . . and then, they were attacked by ninjas" kind of deal. It was just easier for me to do something . . . dramatic or unexpected, instead of retarded. :)

Going for Win #2!! Totally PSYCHED!!!!

~Harper
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova, why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Stop talking to me when I'm cross!

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero