z

Young Writers Society

NaNo Quotes

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:49 pm
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Matt Gregory Ivanovich Liam Bruno Gudspel and Yvette Kadija Aminata Carine Nathalie Berdance exchanged looks.

:lol:
ohmeohmy

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:28 pm
logosgal says...

^ What?!?!? Way to ramp up the word count, I guess... :lol:
Home is where the books are.

280 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:15 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

XD Yeah.

“I'm terribly sorry about that, Lindling-lun.” he said (for “-lun”, like “-lin” is the honorific added to a name to indicate a male that you do not know so well.) and bowed from the neck. “Please forgive that startling breach of etiquette. You are, however, sitting in my spot, so if you would kindly relocate yourself and your creepily wiggling backpack to the opposite chair, I would be much obliged.”
ohmeohmy

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:13 am
Teague says...

Hahaha... my main character turns into a sheep just as he's about to kill himself. xD

Warning: mild language follows!

[spoiler]They’ll know what they did to me, those baastards.[/spoiler]
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:01 am
Insomnia says...

This one here was a complete accident, and even if wasn't, the sentance would still be terrible lol.

A sick feeling churning his stomach, John walked back inside with a stinking heart.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:42 am
Twit says...

Snoink, that was simply bad. o_0

"You're filthy."

"I know! Ain't it wonderful?"

Short, but sweet. :roll:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:08 pm
Lini-chan says...

Here's something I wrote solely to reach my word count in the space of four more minutes I had left on the computer:

“Oh my God where am I why did you take me here this is all a dream isn’t it I sure hope so because I really want to wake up now because I don’t like being talked to by a winged lioness and the dragon is staring at me with that stupid hazel eye and I think I’m going insane someone please help and the phoenix is going to set the floor on fire if he doesn’t stop dripping embers all over the place where did the Oval Office go I think I am going to die today tell my wife I love her and oh my God my kids who will raise them after I’m gone I can’t believe I’m going to die!!!!!!!!” Redman babbled, thoroughly exasperating Rystara.

This is supposed to be the current president of the United States speaking in my story.

"Redman opened to his mouth to scream for help but Rystara clamped her hand over it before he could make a sound. She suddenly recoiled as he bit the bottom of her foot."

Rystara is a lioness and has paws, and how can a hand and foot be the same appendage?

"Hermeus’s voice was like that of quicksilver, filled with dangerous slipperyness."

This is my favorite one of all. I think I will be making up a lot of words this month.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:28 pm
Meep says...

Meep wrote:“Do you play?” asked Lawrence. It was the first time Meriwether had heard him speak without being spoken to. [have I said this already?]

I realized as I was writing it that I may have already had Meriwether hearing Lawrence speak without first being spoken to, but I wasn't sure and I didn't have time to check.

Snoink, that's, er, impressive. (Then again, one year I had a character knitting and counting her stitches out loud.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:49 am
Teague says...

My main character's charming nature is making me cheeky. xD

This is from when he's talking about a rather taciturn nurse who really hates his guts for no reason other than he's giving her work. Her name is Hope.

I’m no expert, but I consider alcohol poisoning a sickness. Mostly because I was only a few centimetres away from death. But whatever. Hope can be as sullen as she likes.

Ooh, metaphor. xD

And this is a bit later on, where Eric goes home to discover he's been in hospital for two days and missed out on his job, which (as a tour guide) is highly time-sensitive.

Warning: Language follows. Man, Eric's a potty mouth.

[spoiler] The first place I went after I finally left hospital was home. My quaint flat was exactly as I had left it- two days ago, according to the two newspapers sitting outside my door.

Oh, fuck just doesn’t seem to cut it sometimes.[/spoiler]
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:51 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Then, Thomas Berkness got his jacket, and his briefcase, and went out of his apartment. Thomas Berkness then went to the elevator, for Thomas Berkness was on the third floor, and pressed the “down” button. When the doors opened, Thomas Berkness stepped inside, and pressed “L”, for lobby, and the doors wouldn’t shut, and they kept on not shutting, so Thomas Berkness pressed the button that looks like “>|<”, and they shut. Then Thomas Berkness could feel himself suddenly moving downwards, as he started to put his jacket on, and the numbers on the little LED display went down from 3... 2... 1... L, and the downward movement stopped with a jerk, as he finished putting his jacket on, and the doors opened, and Thomas Berkness stepped out of the elevator, accidentally dropping and leaving his briefcase in the elevator. Then the elevator doors closed as Thomas Berkness realized this, and someone on the top floor, which was the twelfth, had to take her dog for a walk, and pressed the down button, the only button there since it was the top floor, and the doors opened, and the person who had to take her dog for a walk, the dog being a dalmatian, went in to the elevator, and the dog followed, and she hit “L”, and the doors closed on the 12th floor elevator, and Thomas Berkness watched helplessly outside of the lobby elevator, bashing the “up” button, as the little LED display on the outside of the elevator said L... 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... 11... 12... a pause... 11... 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... L... and the doors opened, and there was the dalmatian, happily gnawing away at Thomas Berkness’s briefcase. Thomas Berkness grabbed his briefcase and the dalmatian growled, so Thomas Berkness broke into a fast trot and went to the door. When Thomas Berkness reached the door, Thomas Berkness opened it and went out, into the cold December morning, rushing to his car with his jacket on. When he reached it, he looked in the back seat and realized that the napkins had created a puddle on the cloth of the seat in the back that they were resting on. Grumbling, he reached back and got them, then put them in a newspaper bag he had lying around the car for some reason he remembered as being very important a while ago, but its importance forgotten, it was used as a waste container for the now damp napkins and thrown in the back seat. He then took off his jacket, put it in the front passenger’s seat, and put his briefcase on top of his jacket. Then, he took the strap of the seat buckle of the driver’s seat, the one he was in, and pulled, to get some slack. Then he grabbed the buckle and inserted it into the slot of the other part of the buckle, hearing a click as the two pieces locked together, not being able to be opened now except by pressing the red button on the part of the buckle that wasn’t loosely attached to a strap. Thomas Berkness then realized he had forgotten his keys. Thomas Berkness screamed in frustration and bashed his head furiously against the steering wheel. Thomas Berkness then got a head ache. Thomas Berkness sighed and rubbed his head, then pressed the red button, thus undoing the buckle, and then Thomas Berkness opened the car door, took his jacket, got out, put his jacket on, shut the door, and ran for the apartment building. When Thomas Berkness reached it, Thomas Berkness opened the door and went for the elevator, neatly side-stepping the growling dalmatian. Thomas Berkness hit the up button, and saw the LED display go from 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... L. The doors opened, and thankfully there was nobody in the elevator. He dashed in, and hit “3”. The doors closed properly this time, and he watched the LED display go L... 1... 2... 3. The elevator doors opened, and Thomas Berkness ran up to his apartment, fumbled for his door key, and realized he didn’t have that one either. He screamed at the utter insanity of it all, and decided to pound on random people’s doors and hide. So he did. The first one looked out, bemusedly, and then shut his door. the second one was an ugly, large build brute who growled and then slammed his door. After the second one, Thomas Berkness decided that the game wasn’t much fun, and hit the “down” button for the elevator. When the elevator doors opened, he walked inside and hit “L”. Then the doors closed, so he idled around, doing nothing in particular, as the LED display went from 3... 2... 1... L. The elevator doors opened, and he ran out, threw open the doors, dashed to the car, opened the car door, grabbed his briefcase, shut the car door, dashed to the building, threw open the doors, ran to the elevator, pressed the “up” button, and watched the little LED display at the top go 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... L. Then the elevator doors slid open, and he walked inside, hit “3” and proceeded upward with his briefcase that contained a lock pick set in a side pocket, hence the grabbing. The LED display read L... 1... 2... 3. The doors slid open, and then were open, and so Thomas Berkness ran out, ran to his apartment door, dropped his briefcase on the ground, opened it, unzipped the side pocket and took out the lock pick set, then opened the set, removed a few tools, and began to pick his lock.

Thomas Berkness was well into it when Thomas Berkness received a sharp tap with a stick, and looked up to see a police officer staring at him. “And just what do you think you’re doing, sir?”

“Um. This is... rather hard to explain... see, I was... er... well, I forgot my car key, so I went back to my apartment, but I forgot my apartment key, but I’m a detective, so I have a lockpick set, and I’m trying to break into my own apartment.”

“Suuuure... Let’s go down and verify that, shall we?”

“You have got to be kidding me!”

“Come along now, sir.”

Torturing characters is fun. ^^ And yes, I know it's a horribly long quote. Sorry.

------

Sumi H. Inkblot wrote:XD Yeah.

“I'm terribly sorry about that, Lindling-lun.” he said (for “-lun”, like “-lin” is the honorific added to a name to indicate a male that you do not know so well.) and bowed from the neck. “Please forgive that startling breach of etiquette. You are, however, sitting in my spot, so if you would kindly relocate yourself and your creepily wiggling backpack to the opposite chair, I would be much obliged.”

Creepily wiggling backpack!? Does I have a Theodolous in there?
Last edited by Aet Lindling on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

280 Reviews

Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:32 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Aet Lindling wrote:
Sumi H. Inkblot wrote:XD Yeah.

Creepily wiggling backpack!? Does I have a Theodolous in there?

Yes you do. ^.^ But Matt (Gud) doesn't know this, so he's trying to be polite as possible....Theodolous smelled the pie.

XD
ohmeohmy

192 Reviews

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:22 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Pie! Also... I have another quote... I think it would suffice to say that I drew inspiration from Snoink... but I'll post it anyway... XD It's a continuation of my last quote.

“You have got to be kidding me!”

“Come along now, sir.”

So Thomas Berkness, grumbling at the unfairness of it all, let himself be lead to the elevator, and the policeman pressed the down button, and the LED display said 2... 3. The doors opened, and Thomas Berkness walked in, accompanied by the policeman, who pressed “L”, and the doors stayed open, and Thomas Berkness pressed the button that looked like “>|<” and the doors shut, and the LED display said 3... 2... 1... L. The doors slid open, and the policeman walked out with
Thomas Berkness, and marched to the receptionist. “Does he have a room here?”

“I don’t know, what is his name?”

Thomas Berkness groaned and pulled out his driver’s license. The receptionist took it and looked at it, then gave it back and typed something into a keyboard and stared at the monitor. “Yes he does, room 305.” The policeman snorted and said

“Okay, do you have police qualification?”

“Yes, I have police qualification.” said Thomas Berkness.

“Let’s see the police qualification.” said the policeman. Thomas Berkness took out his wallet from his pocket, put the driver’s license back in, and fumbled for his police qualification, which he suddenly remembered that he left in the car. “GAH! I CAN’T TAKE THIS INSANITY ANY LONGER!”

“Um, sir? I’ll have to ask you to step outside for a moment with me.” said the policeman, and took Thomas Berkness rather roughly outside. “Now, where’s that qualification?” The policeman fingered the handcuffs he had attached to his belt. “I’m sorry officer, it’s been a really bad day.”

“Get the qualification.”

“It’s in my car.”

“Well then, we had better start going, hadn’t we?”

“Yeah, yeah...” Thomas Berkness didn’t really want this guy to accompany him to his car, so he got an idea. “I bet you there isn’t any such number as one thousand!”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah!”

“I’ll prove it!”

“Hah, you do that!”

“One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven--”

“No, no, say ‘one and ten”.”

“Why?”

“Because saying it the other way is against my religion.”

“Oh, okay. One and ten, two and ten, three and ten, four and ten, five and ten, six and ten, seven and ten, eight and ten, nine and ten,

So On, So On... (these are replacing what is actually in it. I think it's obvious what's actually in it. :p)

six and ninety, seven and ninety, eight and ninety, nine and ninety, one hundred! And... oh boy... well, I have a reputation to keep up! If I can’t prove to this simpleton that there is such a number as one thousand, then what kind of policeman am I? Here goes... one and one hundred, two and one hundred, three and one hundred, four and one hundred, five and one hundred, six and one hundred, seven and one hundred, eight and one hundred, nine and one hundred, one hundred and ten,

So On, So On...

two and five hundred and ninety, three and five hundred and ninety, four and five hundred and ninety, five and five hundred and ninety, six and five hundred and ninety, seven and five hundred and ninety, eight and five hundred and ninety, nine and five hundred and ninety, six hundred! Whoa, I’m more than halfway through! Must keep going, though. My goal was not to prove to him that six hundred existed.”

“Yes yes, do carry on,” said Thomas Berkness, who had gotten his suitcase and a cup of coffee as well. “I may just be starting to believe you about the existence of one thousand.” he said, and finished off his coffee.

“Haha! So it shall be, then! One and six hundred, two and six hundred, three and six hundred, four and six hundred, five and six hundred,

So On, So On...

eight and eight hundred and ninety, nine and eight hundred and ninety, nine hundred. Almost there! Wow! What an idiot this guy is, to actually think there isn’t any such number! What an idiot!”
Thomas Berkness was making himself comfortable on the concrete, taking a seat and leaning against the apartment building and gripping his second cup of coffee. “Yes yes, do continue now.” said Thomas Berkness.
“That I shall! One and nine hundred, two and nine hundred, three and nine hundred,

And So On.

Thank you, Snoink. Now I have over 10k. Also, I'm considering having Thomas want another latte and say he doesn't believe in two thousand. XD
dun worry
it's all gun be k

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:48 pm
Snoink says...

XD

Yay! I am convincing a bunch of writers that math is fun!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

192 Reviews

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:08 pm
Aet Lindling says...

What!? Grrrr... I love math! And anyway, what does this have to do with math, really? o.O
dun worry
it's all gun be k

280 Reviews

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:28 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Aet Lindling wrote:What!? Grrrr... I love math! And anyway, what does this have to do with math, really? o.O

:*cough*:
Word count...
:roll:

:backtotopic:
ohmeohmy

Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley