z

Young Writers Society

Who's ready for NaNoWriMo?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:42 am
Emerson says...

I do love your stuff.

O.o you love my stuff? I've only had one story up! I'm surprised by you people. Yesterday Cass said I'm one of her favorite members...

That does sound like a better idea, sharing with those that would actually read it! If you're wanting to read mine, Sam, I'll read yours too, what is it about?

I'm now struggling with my outline. I think I just realized a strong key plot element of my story, though really good, is very small compared to my love triangle plot. and I don't know what to do...what if its a really long novel? Do people care? hopefully not... *cries from confusion and pain*

Edit: I just finished up my outline, minus the ending decision (I have no idea how its going to end! I'm scared). it's nearly 3,000 words, i think maybe 200 under or so... That's not too much, is it?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:00 am
Meshugenah says...

Cassandra wrote:^ Sounds interesting, Mesh. I'd love to read it when you're done.

Ta, Cass. I think I'll post part, and let (almost) anyone rip it to shreds for me, and I'lll of course return the favor! Then if anyone's interested, we can swap! Fun stuff!

This is all asusming I finish... heh. Me. Finish something that ins't a crit. This is going to be fun!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:16 am
Sam says...

Ah, I've got Green going...the totally random non-sci-fi ish sci fi/alternate history in which we learn the power of loopholes. (Yes, the President goes a bit cuckoo and outlaws the color green after a particularly embarassing international incident.) It's a bit wacky and dark, but it's NaNo, right?

On that same topic...what's yours about?

We should totally do a mass novel swap. That'd be awesome, for it is quite fun to read these thing and laugh (or weep, as the case may be).
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:10 am
Elelel says...

I'm just beginning to take in how much school work I'm going to have to do during November, and I tell you it does not look pretty. And there's exams. And I have my year 12 solo performance moderation on the 2nd day, which is going to be so scary it's going to mentally kill me and probably leave me incapable of doing anything but whimpering and drinking hot chocolate for at least two weeks.

I'm still doing NaNo though!

Haha ... I'm so doomed.

I don't yet have an outline. But I have an idea and some world building, so that's good! I will do an outline though, because I work best with them.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

2058 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:12 am
Emerson says...

Sam: your plot sounds good!
Elelel: What kind of solo? instrument, or singing?

My plot: I'm actually struggling with the ending here but....the main thing that pulls everything together is a vampire cult that my MC came from, he escapes, gets chased by them, finally looses their trace and then a love triangle ensues....then one of the people in said love triangle finally dies (HAH, i just dropped a teaser...) and yeah. It sound real boring here. It's 6 in the morning, it'll sound better when I'm actually awake.

I'm so excited for nano. I put school work off as it is (Though I do it! I'm nearly an A student, with honors classes!) so why not put it off for nano?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:16 am
Firestarter says...

Is anyone going to share their novels on here after Nano? I might..of course AFTER the rewrites and complete editing and all that. I'm nervous, it'll probably be crap (but isn't that the point?) so if I DO show it off, I don't think I'll want crits...maybe general reviews, ha ha.

Anyone going to share them?

I'd be willing to share, if I finish, that is. I've gone from exciting to nervous to wondering if I actually will have any free time at all in November.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:09 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I'm planning on sharing at this time, but I'm not sure how much of this novel is going to be junk, so I may change my mind come November.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:23 pm
Poor Imp says...

Sam wrote:On that same topic...what's yours about?

We should totally do a mass novel swap. That'd be awesome, for it is quite fun to read these thing and laugh (or weep, as the case may be).

Oy, that sounds painful. ^_^

I think I may even have an idea, a plot at some point. And I suppose I might posts parts if they aren't bleeding-eye awful.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

2058 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:35 pm
Emerson says...

if they aren't bleeding-eye awful.

Isn't that the point of nano though, bad writing? lol no...just MORE writing versus good writing, yeah?

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:40 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*laughs* I thought it was just to get us off our lazy bums and make us do some sort of writing since some of us have no will power during the rest of the year.

I also thought that it was a sort of "practice makes perfect" kind of thing... The more you write the better you get?

Then again, maybe it's a how many jokes can you fit into 50,000 words kind of thing.

And maybe, just maybe, I have too many theories on the subject. Either way, if mine turns our horribly, it's going in the paper shredder and I get to rewrite it.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

459 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Poor Imp says...

Claudette wrote:
if they aren't bleeding-eye awful.

Isn't that the point of nano though, bad writing? lol no...just MORE writing versus good writing, yeah?

It may be a bit of the point. But I've never acclamated to that side of it. ^_~ I rewrite NaNos, edit NaNos and drive myself half-mad. Still I'd be completely off-my-head if I had to endure 50,000 words of absolute senseless ugly confusion. @_@''

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:10 pm
Cassandra says...

I'll be willing to do a swap-a-roo, if mine is not complete and utter garbage--which it will undoubtedly be.

Nah. I'll just do a quick edit and then display it for you all to point and laugh at; we'll need some kind of laugh once this thing is over, won't we? ;)
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:39 pm
Emerson says...

Oh yeah. Cass, you better show me yours! I'm excited with it...

I just spent a half an hour explaining my plot to my boyfriend (he was curious) and I found one large plot hole, and realized I have NO f'ing clue how my novels going to end! I'm scared.....Really, really scared.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:50 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

It took me two weeks to figure out how my story ended...:P so never fear, you'll figure it out eventually!

Strange thing with NaNo is that you tend towards hating it, but other people who read it usually enjoy it well enough. Perhaps we've merely been conditioned to believe it's crap?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

459 Reviews

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:52 pm
Poor Imp says...

Claudette wrote:Oh yeah. Cass, you better show me yours! I'm excited with it...

I just spent a half an hour explaining my plot to my boyfriend (he was curious) and I found one large plot hole, and realized I have NO f'ing clue how my novels going to end! I'm scared.....Really, really scared.

My stories never end until I'm on the edge of finish...and then the end happens, you know. It doesn't sound particularly reasonable. o0'

-Lloyd Alexander

"If fortis was here, we could have a teal party"
— Pompadour