Have a NaNoWrant!

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:17 pm
View Likes
starrynight89 says...

I didnt write today :(

.....*cries*
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:55 am
Meep says...

Gah.

I have not written anything all day. I can't motivate myself to actually, you know, write. I think part of it is because I'm still 4,000 words ahead, so I don't have that panicky feeling of "yikes, gotta catch up fast!" - and my friend, who has been reading it and encouraging me as I go, hasn't had time to read the latest installment, if you will.

... and my unfinished Japanese translations are sitting on my desk, looking scary and neglected. (*pokes them with a stick*)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:59 am
BellaLuna says...

I haven't written anything yet! *cries* I've spent my entire afternoon staring at a blank word document...and then getting online. Then staring at the word document. Then getting online. Word document. Online. Word- okay, you get the idea.

*heavy sigh*

*minimizes page*

*stares at word document*

WHY WON'T THE WORDS MAGICALLY APPEAR? WHY?!

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:04 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I'm about 300 words ahead, so that's good, though I have two math lessons festering on my desk... :shock: :*pokes pile of math tentatively in a manner similar to Meep's*: :*screams in horror as math gets up and scuttles away into the closet*:

Gah. So, so tired. And I haven't written ANYTHING today.

EDIT:

I HATE you, Open Office! Freaking thing won't let me copy and paste. Watch that oodles of middle names theory jump out the window...
ohmeohmy

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:54 pm
logosgal says...

GAAAAAHHHH!!! If my inner editor doesn't kill me, my inner procrastinator will!!! Then there's my general lack of direction, the fact that my MC doesn't have a real name, the dumb opening, the lack of a setting, the absence of research, the fact that I'm already about 12 gazillion words behind, and, and... I have to practice my violin right now. *pokes unpracticed orchestra music, following Meep's and Sumi's leads*

I don't suppose I can blame my problems on the slowness of the NaNo site, can I?
...Didn't think so. :cry:
Home is where the books are.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:58 pm
Stori says...

I can't seem to get off the ground. I asked for help onsite, but nobody answered yet. So, how do you send an excerpt?

210 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:16 pm
Meep says...

Kyte, you can just copy + paste what you've written into an email or a post or however it is that you're sending it. That's the easiest way to do it.

Don't worry about getting off the ground. NaNoWriMo isn't like flying, it's like throwing yourself off a cliff. Just close your eyes and let the ground fall out from underneath you and suddenly, you're off the ground and all you can do is write, write, write.

In less poetic, slightly more practical terms, don't feel like you have to have a good start. If you want to start with an infodump prologue because you think that is the easiest, if not the best, way to do it, then go for it. If you know how the middle goes, but haven't got an idea for the beginning, just start in medias res (i.e.: in the middle) and go from there.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:33 pm
Stori says...

Ok.. *nerves self up* I'll try putting my work in the forums.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:34 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

Word block.

*death*
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:16 am
Snoink says...

logosgal wrote:GAAAAAHHHH!!! If my inner editor doesn't kill me, my inner procrastinator will!!! Then there's my general lack of direction, the fact that my MC doesn't have a real name, the dumb opening, the lack of a setting, the absence of research, the fact that I'm already about 12 gazillion words behind, and, and... I have to practice my violin right now. *pokes unpracticed orchestra music, following Meep's and Sumi's leads*

I don't suppose I can blame my problems on the slowness of the NaNo site, can I?
...Didn't think so. :cry:

Don't worry! Just be creative and write! There's plenty of ways to cheat, if you feel slightly overwhelmed. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:20 am
Trident says...

I know NaNo is about just getting the writing out and everything, but this is some of the crappiest stuff I've written in the longest time. Seriously, I pretty much tell the whole plot through the words of my characters. Nobody says these cheesy things in real life or even in crappy books. Well, maybe crappy books, ones that I would stop reading after a short bit.

I guess it's frustrating because I would love editing this book or salvage it somehow, but I just don't know if that will happen. I'm just going to try and write 50,000 words because that is the point and not worry anymore. Crappy is okay.

And Clau, I know I promised to let you read this stuff, but I'm not so sure you'll want to read it. ^_^
Perception is everything.

210 Reviews

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:44 am
Meep says...

Gah.

I seem to have lost a lot of the momentum I had earlier, and so has my story. It's a lot of talking and boring stuff like that now, instead of action and back story like it was earlier.

Also, I'm 15,000 words in and don't have a damn clue where this is heading.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:07 am
Sam says...

I'm what, 15,000 words in, and I still feel like I have to introduce everyone. -_-

I just got to Matthew and Carl's mother. Carl's father, Daniel, Arnold, Gomi Teacher, Jim, and the rest have yet to appear...should that be worrying?

And they still haven't dug up Old New Prague.

Additionally, I have like no female characters besides Sukie and Babcia. Oh, well.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:53 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I am under word count. Two days ago I was way over word count, but school kicked my butt the last two days and I didn't write ANYTHING. So, now, for the first time ever with a NaNo, I am behind in wordcount.

*runs to catch up*
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:50 pm
Snoink says...

Duskglimmer wrote:I am under word count. Two days ago I was way over word count, but school kicked my butt the last two days and I didn't write ANYTHING. So, now, for the first time ever with a NaNo, I am behind in wordcount.

*runs to catch up*

If it makes you feel better, statistically speaking, you'll be fine in the long run. The trend is with you! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart