z

Young Writers Society

a bighead, 2 wizards, 2 AWFUL singers, and a broken wand

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:56 pm
ultraviolet says...

[DELETE]
Last edited by ultraviolet on Thu May 06, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Elinor says...

Hi.

Talk about rushed. I know that this was supposed to be amusing, but I didn't crack a laugh when I read this at all. It seems really out of character for Harry. He doesn't kill. If he found out he was condemned to death, he would try to fight his way out by using stun curses and things like that.

Where is the thread holding this together? Right now it just seems like a bunch of random encounters with characters from different universes. The Cedric/Edward and Lupin/Jacob thing has already been done tons of times.

If you want this go somewhere, make it longer. Add coherency. How is Harry apperating to these different universes? Can you draw out each scene a bit more so he has more of a challenge getting out and we get time to absorb ourself in the scene?

It just moves a little too quickly right now, and we can't appreciate anything or familiarize ourself with your new take on the characters.

PM me if you have questions!

-Elinor xo

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

I disagree with Elinor, somewhat. It was definitely rushed, and could use some proper punctuation, but I think it was a fun read. It's very lighthearted, and I don't think it was supposed to be taken too seriously, no? It's not like it's a script for a motion picture, or something. It's just FUN. ;)

I do think Harry is a little unrealistic, but it was funny how he encountered the Red Queen.

Next time, though, try and come up with other characters to use! This is your second time (I think) using HP characters and Twilight ones, so a little change will keep your readers coming back for more. :P

-Knightley
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 pm
Sionarama says...

Mr.Knightley wrote:I disagree with Elinor, somewhat. It was definitely rushed, and could use some proper punctuation, but I think it was a fun read. It's very lighthearted, and I don't think it was supposed to be taken too seriously, no? It's not like it's a script for a motion picture, or something. It's just FUN. ;)

I agree with Mr. Knightly, but I DEFINATELY disagree with Elinor. It's funny and lighthearted and your newish to it so you should be given some slack. I loooooove how you added belitrix to this mess (mess in a good way). But how would Harry and Jacob know each other? And why the dancing shiny girls?? Anyway, that was so-o-o-o-o funny with Draco, though you could add
Harry: Off with mummy at another concert, Draco?
or
Harry: This is a GREAT concert–– for two year olds!!!! <laughs> how is mummy and daddy? Doing fine?
Great job,
sionarama :smt050
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:20 pm
ultraviolet says...

Hey.

About the dolls, if you've ever been to Disneyworld, there is a ride called "a small world after all." Basically, there are these dolls dressed up in outfits from around the world. They're dancing and singing the song. Your in a boat and it's moving throughout places from around the world. And there's glitter EVERYWHERE.

:elephant: LOVE --ULTRAVIOLET
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 pm
Vasticity says...

I completely agree with Elinor in every way. I'm getting kind of sick of the whole cross-over movies/books with other movies/books. BUT! If you would put a little initiative into it, then you could make it good. Anyway, everything is so short, rushed, and has no connection whatsoever, so I couldn't even chuckle once. The script is an art. A difficult one. And all these parodies are overshadowing whatever true works that people write here. Sorry. :? Keep writing...I guess. :mrgreen:
And the angel said unto him, “stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.” But lo, he could not stop, for the angel was hitting him with his own hands.

Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley