Young Writers Society

The Twin Terror: A Storybook Created by Snoink and Grif

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:55 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Post profiles.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 am
Snoink says...

Very well then.

I am a gryphon character... female and the fraternal twin of YOUR gryphon character you will inevitably create. We don't know we are twins though, so that's not the issue. The issue is that we are on opposing sides of... something.

Game? Or are you too scared? :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:05 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I'm game. Any plot that is created will happen after people post profiles. If all the characters are astronauts, then we'll probably do something in space. If all the characters are unicorns, we'll probably do something in fantasy.

If all the characters are mumbling emo teenagers that are fed up with their lives, then we'll set the story in hell.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:08 am
Snoink says...

Dude, don't diss the emo teenagers. We can totally make a story from that.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:10 am
Nutty says...

Ha. If she's a gryphon...

Then my character's name is Sev. She doesn't have a last name. She is in her early twenties and has slate grey hair. She usually wears bright colours, however, and she has an ten foot wingspan. The wings are feathered, not leathery, and are also grey.

She carries around a spear and a sack of pebbles that she can drop on people's heads when they annoy her or to get their attention. She has trouble fitting in doorways and hates being inside. Because she can fly she is a lightweight, but has powerful chest and shoulder muscles, making her look odd in normal people's eyes. She is sometimes mistaken for an angel, right up to the point where she drops a rock on someone's head.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 am
Griffinkeeper says...

By the way, once you post your profile, you can start writing.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:18 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Patrus Maximus is a gryphon of the now destroyed First Eyrie. He currently works as a messenger for the postal service.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:20 am
Nutty says...

Sev was sitting on a roof, wondering what to do with the rest of the day. Her wrist flicked, and a person below cried out in pain. "Four."
This brought a smile to Sev's face, but she didn't bother to look to see who had been inflicted. There were some what she supposed were authorities below, but since they didn't have any way to reach her or hit her at this point, she was happy with where she was. Her wrist flicked again, but this time she heard only rock on pavement, and sighed disappointedly. Four in a row was nowhere near her best, and she was not overly impressed.
She was startled to her feet by a clack next to her, and looked over the edge of the roof to see where the rock had come from. A couple of children were standing around the corner, throwing her rocks back at her and giggling. Sev nodded in approval and threw a rock, hitting the oldest one square in the nose.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:35 am
PenguinAttack says...

Kandi Hart is a twenty three year old Gryphon hunter. She goes by several names, none of which rhyme, and often finds herself having to repeat what she says.

Her hair is alternately orange and pink, her mood dependant on either colour; Orange: She is a sweet, fun loving young woman who desires to create a world full of peace and harmony. Pink: Rash mood swings and dark scowls are her meals, she would much rather skin a gryphon for its claws than to turn it in to Animal Habitats. Of slight build, she likes jumping and shooting things, although carries a blade in each boot for particular skinning needs. Preferring dresses over pants, she finds herself in many unfortunately lethal situations. Light skinned with a button nose and blue eyes, she is ready for anything.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 am
Snoink says...

*Sweenie*

There were two rules for the my eyrie.

1) Don't get involved with humans.

2) If you do get involved with humans, knock them out and fly away.

Let me explain, first of all why these rules are practical. First of all, humans suck. They smell, throw their garbage everywhere, have terrible hygiene, and like to eat Fruit Loops. Trust me. One time, I saw a Fruit Loops box lying around (did I mention that humans littered?) and I, being only two months old at the time, looked at the happy toucan on the box and decided that I wanted to look like that happy toucan. So I ate the Fruit Loops.

Big mistake.

To make a long story short, I got my beak wedged into the box and I couldn't get it out. Plus, because it was stuck into the box, a fine layer of this sugary film which smelled suspiciously like berries fell on my beak, and when I sneezed, it turned into this thick layer of goo that attracted ants. Eventually, the older gryphons saw me and rescued me, but not without laughing. It was humiliating.

The second rule? You just did it. The goal? To create a head concussion. See, if a human had a head concussion, they would go to the hospital and get treated for a head injury. Apparently, humans don't really believe in gryphons, because they are idiots, so they lie. After all, they are getting their head examined already. And what would you say, really? "Oh, a gryphon decided to attack me and that's why I have this head concussion?" Yeah, right. More often, abuse is claimed, usually by someone they hate. After all, if you're going down, might as well bring someone else with you. Humans are petty like that.

But Patrus.

He was a new guy. And he wanted to incorporate us in the postal service.

I preened a feather furiously. He was a new gryphon. My age, maybe, but I was his superior. I'd make him see sense...

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:09 am
Jas says...

Raven Duskstar is a blonde cheerleader with a semi-dark side. She is also a fairy but she doesn't know that yet. She's gorgeous and smart and has no flaws. She's peppy, bubbly and never upset. She's pretty annoying once you get to know her but her perfectness pushes that thought away.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 am
Durriedog says...

Mie is a hybrid, with bat ears, clawed hands, a long tail and flaps of skin in between her back legs and front legs like a glider possum of Australia. So she can glide from place to place. Magically. Generally a likable... thing, she has large, sharp, white teeth. Surprisingly, she has a very human-like face, with some coloured tattoos under her eyes like flowers and feathers. She has dread-locked brown hair, a pretty face and wears clothes only when she wants - but no worries, there's nothing to see, she's so furry.
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:40 am
Vanadis says...

Fishy T. All the explanation you need.

...and if you DEFY Fishy T, and need an explanation, well, poo on you, but here you go, you poor, deprived souls:

He's an arrogant little bugger who thinks that all power is controlled by him; essentially, like in that old song from 1991, he's got the power. He also [man-bits]-blocks neutrons, and they have to pick up chicks WITHOUT using their radioactive wingmen. And Fishy T likes this. He's okay with this. He's also an alpha, not an actual fish, but he'll get pissy if you try to tell him that. "I'm not just an alpha," he'll say. "I'm an alpha with a T that follows me around like a lost puppy pet rock tied to my belt ever-loving and loyal companion." He can fly, because...it just seems like a good idea.

Fishy T is actually kind of like that old bumbling wizard who more-than-occasionally has too much mead and won't let you part an old man with his walking stick and has weird obsessions with eyeballs and wedding bands and uses the word "and" too much and *takes a breath* can conjure up the perfect plate of spaghetti every time and likes long lists (and therefore the sixth general order of a sentry) and who can forget the OBLIGATORY WIZARD'S INFO-DUMP?

Oh, yeah, and he can't do magic. So if you were looking for some pasta...sorry.

The most important thing you have to remember is that I didn't put my name in the Goblet of Fire Fishy T has no friends. This is probably because he tends to be negative. He can be positive, but only for certain purposes. So picky Fishy T is.

((Oh, and Romance! I love you for using Kandi Hart. I laughed obnoxiously.))
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

Reviews: 1
Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:03 am
NiallXoldham says...

Shamus Gio Peavey is a typical 20 year old human. In love with music, anything loud and offensive. Has no idea what is going on or where he came from, all he knows is he was going to band practice, when a griffin hit him in the head. When awoken his guitar was gone replaced by a sword and helmet, and his backpack filled with his favorite assortments of foods, namely Fruity Loops cereal and Rices.

Has a thing for wearing denim and band t-shirts. Has long black hair and a braided patch of facial hair on his chin.

*note: Has a horrid habit of being a Litter-bug

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:09 am
Durriedog says...

Mie hooked her long fingers around the branch and hissed at a bird so that it flew away, cawing. She looked down, squinting, at the human below her. Armour and a sword? On a human? Whatever gryphon had done this sure had an odd sense of humour. Everyone knew that humans didn't wear armour - that was like putting cherio strings on a crocodile or paint on a finger nail. Mie's full smile was shown as she thought of the tricks she would play on this human. She would play him like a tin can on Halloween. Before he woke up, she reached down and scavenged through his bag. What was this - Fruitloops? Mie covered her mouth and gagged to one side. At the full legth of her arms, she ripped open the packet and stuffed the contents into his helmet and pants. Then she put the plastic wrapper in his shirt, pushed the box into his pants and gave it a pat before jumping into the tree again and curling up like a cat on a rug. She started dozing, her smile that of a content cat too.
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain