z

Young Writers Society

Paper Flowers

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:21 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I'd like to say that some ideas for this storybook come from another one called No Redemption. I give some credit to those who are in that storybook! Also, while in chat, we voted on what to name the kingdom! Look what won!

The Story

The story is simple. The kingdom Mizzle has been attacked, raided, burned, and all of it's people bought and sold like horses. The king is devastated as he tries to rebuild his kingdom. The kingdom is now full of raiders, thieves, who plan on destroying the kingdom once and for all. It has fallen into the hands of what is sure to be hell.

Many families of the thieves has been taken and they were sold. Along with them, the king's daughter. The king's army is now in search of the group that has been sold off, though they aren't getting far fast, and it's ending up being a twisted journey through the mountains of Mizzle and neighboring kingdoms to get her.

Mizzle has fallen isn't the only thing that will fall. The king has fallen ill, and none of his people are allowed to see him, or what remains of them, that is. The kingdom and it's ruler will be no more if he doesn't get his army together soon enough. His son is the heir to the thrown, but does he want it? What does he think about the discussion?

A fair princess from a far land is supposed to be his queen, but do they love each other, or will it turn into a hate party? The discussion is yours. I lay the fate of this kingdom in your hands to decide which thieves fall for who, and which royalty will turn on their kingdom, their family, and their vows.

Open Slots:

Royalty:

King:

Queen: Narcissa Ilmatar *ScarlettFire*

Prince: Donte Loleta *Chupatoasta*

1st Princess (taken by the bad people!): Navona Loleta *Me*

2nd Princess: Micayla Grace Artimedies *Chupatosta*

Soldiers (as in more than one!):
1. Aidan Saanmez *Chupatoasta* He is against the kingdom though!
2. Torin Ersaid *phantom of the potter*
3. Cael Goldenn *Chupatoasta*

Thieves:
Male:
1. Davis *Allmixedup*
2. Lukas Michael *Chupatoasta*
3. Cale Ersaid *phantom of the potter*
4. Guy *Me*
5. Drake *Me*
6. Jurian Anvindor *ScarlettFire*

Female:
1. Jude North *Ninjacookiemonster*
2. Carina *Allmixedup*
3. Maddison (Maddie) *brittbritt12347
4. Elizabeth (Bethy) *Isha*
5. Fire Ice Rose *Ladyofthedeathroses*
6. Sasha *Kaywiia*

I'd really appreciate it if you would keep the gender count even, which means no 7 girls and 3 boys. I'll take 5+ of each if you're a thief. I'd like at least 5 of each gender before we begin, or an even number.

Also, you can be with the group that is with the princess, or you can be with the group that is at the kingdom.

Rules:
1. No God modding, no one character is more powerful than another accept by status...
2. Let everyone know before you plan to kill of a character, and make sure the creator is OK with it...
3. Swearing is allowed, and I do encourage you to used it, but keep it to a minimum, don't overdo it...
4. Love is encouraged as well, but no descriptive sex scenes that make me go "MY EYES!" because it describes it so well...
5. Drama is very much encouraged...
6. Regular YWS rules apply...
7. I have no limit for how long it has to be, but try to make it at least a small paragraph, which is at least three sentences. It's not that hard, really...

Character profile:

Name:

Personality:

History (If it's not to obvious. Like for royalty, it's obvious they were raised in a castle!)

Secret: (They all have one, but it's nothing big, just a little thing about them no one else knows)

Any questions, please ask, any suggestions, please tell! The DT is here
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:12 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Oh, you know I'm joining, sweet pea!

Name: Jude North

Personality: Quick witted, spunky, confident. Playful, and not serious that often. She was one of the few thieves who was not caught, and she goes to great measures to make sure that she stays that way. She never turns down a fist fight, and lying and stealing is instinct. Short brown hair streaked with blonde, brown eyes, tall and slim.

Spoiler! :

History: She was born into the business, and it's all she knew. She lived for seven years, learning the trade, and was the next big thing in the criminal world- until her family was wiped out, and she only barely escaped to the streets. For five years she bounced around from gang to gang, and they were all joined, allied, and bonded through her, and she now has practically endless resources, because of them. By the time she had turned thirteen, she was a full fledged thief, living and providing for herself.

Secret: Has a paralyzing fear of the government, soldiers, and royalty. Will often bolt if she's in the presence of them. Has a stuffed puppy. Is pretending to be a boy, at the moment.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:18 pm
Mizzle says...

Dibs on the second princess. I'll be back later to post a profile ;)
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Name: Maddison (Maddie)

Personality: She is smart,blunt,caring,loving,she can get a bad attitude,loves stealing because she never gets caught,loves animals,beautiful & soft voice,capable of any challenge you put her up to.

History: She comes from a long line if thieves so stealing comes natural,when her mom was pregnant with her they got kicked out of their house by her dad because he didnt claim her. Her mom knew she wouldnt be able to take care of her so when she was born she was given to a wealthy family so she never knew her mom,when she was 8 she ran away and has been searching for her mom or even her dad everywhere,she has been shipped to all different countries..unseen because she always hid.

Secret: she has a stuffed teddybear in a little backpack she always carried around,her mom gave it to her before she gave her up for adoption.
Last edited by brittbritt12347 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Carina

Personality: She doesn't fight often, but if threatened she will defend herself and her sister. She always seems kind of distant, never really pays attention to people, she is very unobservant. She usually likes to be alone, but if she is with someone it's usually a small quiet group of people or her sister. She usually lets everyone take control of situations and hopes everything works out right. She is usually not paying attention, so if someone tells a joke and everyone starts laughing she would probably turn around and wonder what was so funny. She doesn't spend much time with other people.
Spoiler! :

History: Both her parents were killed in a fire when she was little. Her brother, Davis, managed to save her and her sister they all made it out alive. Her brother was around 11 at the time and at first, he took good care of her. Then, her brother started to blame her sister for what happened to their parents and took to beating her. Carina couldn't do anything to stop him and one day he raped her. Now she is stuck helping him thieve and distract, and sometimes even spy. Her brother Davis tried to sell bethy once, and Carina is happy he didn't.

Secret: Her brother raped her

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Davis

Personality: Davis is a sadistic bastard (pardon my language), and uses his sister's to get what he wants. He cares about himself and himself only. He would sell his sisters if it would help him in anyway. Davis, LOVES to fight. When the fight gets to tough for him he will pull a dagger and finish off the fight cheaply. Don't put it past him for him to take advantage of his sister again.
Spoiler! :

History: Both his parents were killed in a fire when he was younger. He managed to save his sisters and they all made it out alive. he brother was around 11 at the time and at first, he took good care of them. Then things became difficult, money, shelter, food. As he got older and went through changes he became sexually frustrated and raped his sister, Carina. Bethy was and is still to young to understand what he did. He tried to sell Bethy once, he needed money for food. When she didn't sell he made things harder for her.

Secret: He raped his sister and abuses them both
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:13 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Name: Navona Loleta

Personality: She isn't like normal royalty, she is kind and caring, and she has a boyish side. She doesn't like wearing shoes, and she doesn't like being inside. She loves it when it rains, and she loves the feel of the dirt beneath her feet. She's very lovable, and she's always curious to see if people like her. She's not really shy, and she doesn't blush often. She loves to talk, but when she's scared, she can't talk. She's sweet, and if someone is hurt, she'll stay behind and help them. She loves to read, but doesn't have time being captured and all.
Spoiler! :

Her crown:
Spoiler! :

History: She's royalty

Secret: She doesn't care to marry a prince, she just wants someone to love.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:47 am
Chupatoasta says...

I'll take the prince ;D

Hmm... Can one of my charries be a son of the leader of the 'bad people' who wants to help the princess?

Name: Dante Loleta

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Dante's a sweetheart. He wouldn't harm a soul, and he truly cares for the girl he met when he was sixteen. He really wants to be with her, and doesn't see another girl, no matter how gorgeous, the way he saw her. He's kind, but many think he's dense when really, he acts that way to girls so they'll leave him be. It's usually impossible though when he's the prince. He misses his sister, as she's the only one who knows of his secret.

History: Hmm... of course, he was raised in a castle haha, however, he ran away when he was fifteen. Everyone thought him to have died, but he came back at age seventeen, scared out of his whits. He said it was because of all the thieves, but really, he impregnated a girl in a far away villiage when he was sixteen. Her father became so enraged he put a bounty on his head. He still loves this girl, however, and doesn't want to marry the princess, at all. He's secretly been looking for this girl since he was seventeen.

Secret: Has a daughter or son somewhere(:

Other: Anyone can play the girl he's in love with, but he probably won't be up for love unless you're her.

~~

Name: Aidan Saanmez

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's really a great guy. He does get angry quickly, however, a trait he gets from his father, but he's actually a sweet guy. He's really confident at times, and will go for anything he puts his mind to, and won't stop until his goal is accomplished. He wants to help the people of Mizzle, and their princess free.

History: He has an older brother, who's twenty-four, who his father compares him to ALL the time. His brother's a general in his father's army, but Aidan's confident that one day he WILL be better and he WILL overcome his father's constant nagging on him.

Secret: Hates his brother, and is secretly in love (he denies it) with the princess.

~~

Name: Lukas Michael

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's like a snake-lion hybrid (NOT REALLY!). He's sly and easily decietfull, however he's got a strong heart of gold, which he's stolen plenty of times. He's one of the best thieves in Mizzle, and isn't afraid to flaunt his skills. The way he talks can make anyone fall into his pit of lies. Many people don't trust him for that reason though.

History: His father walked out on his when he was just two, and his mother died when he was five, leaving him to fend for himself the following ten years. He met a master thief, who helped him learn all he knows. He's lived the streets since then.

Secret: He's blind in his right eye
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:54 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I should have guessed you would want to be the prince ^^ And of course! I like that idea!

Also, Ninjy, I can't see your picture!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:21 am
Chupatoasta says...

Wow, I've never had three guys in one storybook at the beginning x.x

You all better thank me for this (enter evil hissy face here)

Just kidding!

:D

~Chup
George Bernard Shaw

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 am
phantom of the potter says...

I claim a spot.

Name: Torin Ersaid

Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=beard&order=9&offset=168#/dc89fl

Personality: Torin has a hard time with jokes. He has a strong, sometimes obsessive, idea of right and wrong. Torin needs to be able to plan ahead. He is not good at winging things. Torin tends to be stiff and tense, but it takes a lot to make him yell. Actually, the more angry Torin becomes, the softer his voice is. But because of Torin's strong morals, he will usually be polite.

History: Torin and his brother were raised in the shadows of the capital city of Mizzle. They were not a wealthy family. Torin would look up toward the castle and aspire to raise himself to a better position in life. Despite their very different views, Torin was very close to his brother. According to the story, however, Torin's brother (Cale) died in an accident shortly before Torin joined the army.

Secret: Cale lives. From what Torin has been able to figure out, he has joined a group of criminals. Torin hasn't seen Cale for years now. He desperately misses his brother, but dares not contact him, for both of their sakes.

Other: Up for love.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Cale Ersaid

Appearance: http://treijim.deviantart.com/art/Green-and-Gold-53232108?q=gallery%3Atreijim%2F128045&qo=63

Personality: Cale is a practical joker at heart. He is friendly and kind-hearted, but cynical. When it comes down to the bottom line, Cale can be selfish and self-centered. Cale isn't one to accept a truth until he proves it for himself. He is quick and agile, and lovingly arrogant.

History: Same as Torin's. However, Cale saw his family's poverty and became frustrated. When Cale looked at his family, he saw decent, hard-working people who did not deserve to be poor when wealthy scum often trotted through the city streets. He decided early on to dedicate his life to being as much of a thorn in the wealthy's side as possible.

Secret: In the competitive underworld society, Cale keeps his brother's existence a secret. He quietly watches what his brother does, but does not make contact. Cale thinks that Torin is something of an uneducated brute. He plans on waiting for the perfect moment to introduce Torin into his world.

Other: Up for love.
Last edited by phantom of the potter on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:55 am
ForsakenAngel says...

As soon as we get a king and queen and everyone who has claimed posts a profile, we'll start.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 am
eldEr says...

I have some extra things to put on here...'cause I copied and pasted the profile and it would be such a waste to have worked on it, and then got rid of the extra categories!

Name: Elizabeth (Bethy)

Personality: Elizabeth is very timid, extremely shy and rarely talk, doesn't trust easily, she's very afraid of men and avoids them at all costs. She doesn't mind women, but they'll have to prove themselves to her before she'll trust them.
She is very sensitive and believes the put-downs she receives. She tries to be sweet and brave, but she feels unloved, useless and very afraid. She's been taught that she's good for nothing and that she can't be loved.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Likes: Bright colours, animals, her bracelet, being helpful, mushy-gushy-romance-stuff, sunsets, getting up early, feeling helpful, compliments (though she won't always believe them), making wishes, her sister

Dislikes: Dark colours, thunder storms, late nights, loud noises, men, her brother, when people are hurting, when people hurt her

Skills: She's very fast and incredibly sneaky. She's a good climber and has excellent balance. She's also got an adorable puppy-dog face. She's quite smart for her age and has a good memory.

Dislikes: She isn't a very good fighter and she can't use weapons very well at all, being her age. She also believes and lives the put-downs people tell her and doesn't have much self esteem.

History: Both her parents were killed in a fire when she was only a baby. Her brother, Davis, managed to get her and her sister out alive. He cared for them quite well at first, but he eventually took to abusing them both. He also uses them to do a lot of his dirty work.

Secret: Her brother had tried to sell her, and a man had thought about buying her, but ended up murdered. Things got a lot worse for Bethy after.

Up For Love: She's pretty young... =P

Other: She always wears a bracelet that was supposedly her mother's. She doesn't really know how she got a hold of it, but she's always had it and it has her mother's name engraved onto one of the beads. She also has a pet chickadee named Bandana.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:37 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Like I said before, I'm needing the king, queen, and everyone who hasn't posted a profile to do so
before we start **Looks at Mizzle** Also, you can have as many characters as you want, and I'm not
limiting that.
And you can make another one in the middle of the SB if you want, but make sure you add plenty of
drama when you do! One rule I will push is...

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 am
ScarlettFire says...

i'm in. Since you lured me here from chat. lol

Anyways. Profiles. I'll take the queen and a random...guy? Yeah, random guy.

The Queen:

Name: Narcissa Ilmatar.

Personality: Kind, caring, loving, distant, determined, and fiery, Narcissa has a fiery temper but is friendly and kind--unless she's angry (which is when her family and friends are being harmed). Although her temper has a shot fuse, she doesn't lose it often and prefers peace to violence. She doesn't like to fight. She often seems timid and shy, though it's usually just a mask to distract others.

Spoiler! :

History: Narcissa wasn't always royalty. She grew up a farm girl in the foothills. When she turned 16, she caught the eye of the king, who was a prince at the time, and now she's queen.

Secret: Used to be a farm girl, although no one remembers this.

And the guy:

Name: Jurian Anvindor.

Personality: Kind, caring, loving, distant, determined, and fiery, Jurian has a fiery temper but is friendly and kind--unless he's angry. Although his temper has a shot fuse, he doesn't lose it often and prefers peace to violence. He doesn't like to fight and is sometimes single-minded and easily distracted, especially if he's bored and/or not doing much. He loves to steal things and dislikes getting caught in the act.

Spoiler! :

History: Jurian grew up on the streets. His mother is dead and he doesn't care much for his real father. He's one of the sneakiest thieves in Mizzle. He runs with Lukas and a small band of others now, stealing and selling things, etc. He's only known Lukas for a few weeks and has no idea at all about Dante's heritage. Jurian has only met Dante once, and that was when he nearly let slip about who his father is while the three were drinking.

Secret: He's the illegitimate son of the king of Mizzle.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

23 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:12 pm
Chupatoasta says...

I know I already have three, but can I please please please take the last girl thief? *puts on the puppy dog face*
George Bernard Shaw

He knew that elbow.
— soundofmind