z

Young Writers Society

Born From the Earth

Reviews: 4
Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:29 pm
FadedHeart says...

Born From the Earth

When you were 15, they told you the truth. Why you did things no one else could do, why you were different. They told you one thing that would change your life, you weren't human. You were born from the earth, from one of the elements. Fire, Water, Earth or Air, you were made from one of these, and put in human care. Now that you know the truth, you also have one frightening condition. You tell anyone but the Other, and you loose your powers.

The Other is your soul mate, and knew you when you thought you were human. Even if you don't necessarily like you, they are your companion, and are bound to stay with you as long as you keep your powers. They are always of the opposite gender. You all live in New York city, for whatever reason, and will soon find that combined powers are capable of working miracles, or great destruction.

You have been unleashed on the world, and it's fate is up to you.

Note: There is only one of each element, but eight spots open.

Fire- Ashi Greene-female-FadedHeart
Other- Seth Cobblestone-male-Fox
Water-Logan Daniels-male-forsakinshadow
Other- Juliet-female-allmixedup
Earth-Rave Evergreen-female-Chupatoasta
Other-Peter Guthrie-male-fictionfanatic
Air-Gabriel (Rell) Spencer-male-kidashka
Other-Holly Maybelle-female-Kaywiia

Profiles:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Element/Other:

Picture: (no anime)

Personality:

History:

Strengths:

Weakness:

Soul mate:

Other:
Last edited by FadedHeart on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Don't know, don't see, just fade.....

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:31 pm
FadedHeart says...

Name: Ashi Greene

Element/Other: Fire

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is sarcastic, and witty. She has a lot of spirit, and knows what she wants. She hates the stereotype that fire is evil, and would do anything to get rid of that. She has a bit of a temper, and can get angry easily, though she never wants to get mad. She speaks her mind, and is a spitfire (no pun intended).

History: She grew up in New York city under the impression that she was an only child. She thought she was normal, until one night in August. She fell into a fire, and came out unburned. Her hair was still perfect, and there wasn't a scratch on her. From there, she experimented with candles, and found she could manipulate fire. She was told the truth when she was 15, and wants to use her powers for good. If she can go through fire, she figures she could help during fires, and could save people from burning buildings.

Strengths: can walk through fire, has a lot of spirit, witty, clever

Weakness: gets mad easily, speaks her mind, sarcastic

Soul mate: Seth Cobblestone
Last edited by FadedHeart on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:46 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Rave Evergreen

Element/Other: Earth

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Rave has a personallity which is polar oppisite from a rave. She dispises drugs and alcohol, and is very calm. She's a sweatheart, and has the upmost respect for her peers. She's a devout Christian, or is in her normal life and in her heart. She's extremely responisble, and was raised sort of... sheltered. She didn't have a hard life, but... she was kept from things in life.

History: Rave was raised by a very strong Christian couple who had two older children, both boys, and a little Haitian son named Joseph. They didn't name Rave, and they told her she was adopted at that she had a "mommy and daddy somewhere who loved her so much, they gave her up so she could have a better life than what they could offer." And Rave believed them without a problem. When Rave was eleven, and developing photos with her older brother, Luke, Luke walked out, and Rave tripped while carrying "M-Q" developing acids in a large tub. When she fell, the contents of the tub, the hazardous liquids, spilled over her face, blinding her in both eyes. The doctors were able to save her left eye, but not the right one, and she was permanently half-blind. She lives life to the fullest though, and refuses to let a little disability stop her.

Strengths: Her powers are pretty strong, and she embraces them to the fullest. She's quick and quiet. Her voice is it's own lullaby, and if she focuses her powers into it, she can make someone fall asleep.

Weakness: Her blindness, of course, and she is too easily fooled.

Soul mate:

Other: NADA
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:44 pm
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

Ill take someones other, preferably girl
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:49 pm
hero says...

I'd like to do a male Other.
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:12 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Holly Maybelle

Element/Other: Other-Air

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's sweet, and caring. Holly is a likable person with an positive personality. She is loyal to her friends, and has a kind heart. She has a lot of energy. She gets defensive if anyone tries to hurt people she loves, though, and won't give up. She has a hard time taking no for an answer, and doesn't like to back down from a challenge. Her motto is "Let's do this!"

History: She was born on May 2ND, and was named after her dead mother. She went through school until he was 16, then she found out her Soul mate was born from the earth. She left school for him after that, and swore to help protect him and his secret. She hasn't seen her father since the day she left when she was 16, and misses him a lot. She also has a little sister, Rose, who Holly was best friends with until she left.

Strengths: She's nice, positive, and has a lot of energy.

Weakness: won't take no for an answer, doesn't know when to give up, really misses her dad and sister

Soul mate:

Other: She writes songs in her journal about her family and how much she misses them.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Fox says...

Wait so Others have powers too?
Last edited by Fox on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:26 pm
FadedHeart says...

No, they don't. They are normal people. Kaywiia was correct. Put "Other-" and then what power your BFTE (born from the earth) person is.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:28 pm
Fox says...

Okay. I'll take a male Other-either fire or earth, I don't really care which.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:31 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, so I wanna make a girl, is water still open?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:33 pm
FadedHeart says...

There isn't any spots open for girls. allmixedup is getting the last girl spot. Sorry, but you can make a guy.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:40 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Eh, I'm not too good with guys. Sorry. I know, they're just like girls. I just, can't get in the character of a guy...maybe I could try...idk.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:43 pm
kidashka says...

*bit confused*

...so... can I be the male Air BFTE?

*doing it anyway*

Name: Gabriel (Rell) Spencer
Element/Other: BFTE Air

Picture: *too lazy, will get round to it*

Personality: Very carefree, he hates to be tied down by anything and generally solves his problems by running away (not literally). Whilst being flexible and openminded in his opinions, he dislikes feeling imposed on or as though he is being controlled, and is slightly claustrophobic.

History: From a young age, he and his mother travelled alot, due to her work commitments. However, when he was about 15, she decided to settle down with a new husband in order to bring more stability to their slightly chaotic lifestyle. Rell still felt restless and unwilling to lay down ties after a decade of moving from place to place; so when he was 16, he left home to continue wandering from place to place, never staying long.

It was in one of these cities that Rell met Holly, and she discovered the secret of his powers. Fearful of what she might do with this knowledge, Rell decided to move on quickly, but not before she had a chance to follow him. For a while he tried to shake her off, but has since given up due to her persistence.

Strengths: Can fly! Good at seeing things from different perspectives and doesn't really get stressed about anything.

Weaknesses: Claustrophobia, inability to deal with his problems in a mature manner.

Soul mate: Holly Maybelle - Kaywiia

Other: Up for love :smt003 Though please be aware of his mental immaturity when it comes to settling down.
Last edited by kidashka on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:00 am
fictionfanatic says...

I'll be the other for Rave if that's alright. I'll post the profile in a minute. I just wanted to claim it.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:20 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Peter Guthrie. But he hates his name so he goes by Guthrie

Element/Other: Other-Earth

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Guthrie is that guy who isn't afraid what people think of him. He shouts out random things at random times. He's outgoing and never misses a new oppurtunity. He has a lot of gusto and more energy then one would think possible. He accepts people for who they are and doesn't try to change them.

History: Guthrie comes from a blonde haired, blued eyed, tan skinned family. He bagan to notice this when he was a teenager and they were talking about genetics in school. When he pointed it out to his parents they told him he was adopted. His father died vefore he was born and his mother abandoned him as a baby. But the thing is, Guthrie is completely okay with this. He's actually glad. If he hadn't been abandoned he never would have been adopted by his family and he wouldn't be where he is today.

Strengths: He's a flaming ball of pure energy!!! He can cheer up ayone and everyone. He hardly ever gets depressed or sad. He's also really good at skiing.

Weakness: He doesn't try to change people or thei minds...but that's how he lost one of his best friends. He hates bossing people around and telling people what to do.

Soul mate: Rave Evergreen

Other: The rest of Guthrie's family are shy so he has no idea how he is like he is.
Guthrie got caught in an avalanche last year when he was skiing. His ski poles hit him in the face so he now has a scar from stitches above his right eyebrow. He also has a scar from stitches on his arm. He broke his left arm, left leg, and three ribs. But he's fine now and loves the story and his scars.
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer