z

Young Writers Society

The second star to the right...

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 pm
RayneChild says...

...and straight on 'till morning :) That's Neverland, it is.

I'm baa-aack... :D Did you guys miss me?

Well, I've been in a bit of a Peter Pan phase lately. I watch it almost every day xD So I thought it would make a fun storybook!

So, there is no plot, it's just everyone hanging out in Neverland haha. I have a couple of ground rules and regulations:

Firstly, this all takes place before the Peter Pan story that we all know and love. This means that there are no regular people. So, no one from the Darling family, please. No Wendy, no Michael, no John, no Nana. This does, however, mean that you can be anyone who lived in Neverland in the story. So you can be Peter, Tink, Hook, Smee, Tiger Lily, any of the Lost Boys, etc.

...That's all xD Plus, the regular YWS rules: No god modding, cussing is allowed, but no racial terms or f-bombs, romance is allowed, but we don't want to know the details; you know, the usual ;)

I would like a maximum of 6 Lost Boys, just like the story, okay? But you can be different animals than they were :) Just a refresher, there is a bear, a fox, two raccoons, a skunk, and a rabbit. You can use any of these or make up one of your own :)

Unfamiliar with Peter Pan, but still interested? No worries ^^ Here is a list of the kinds of characters in the story:

The Lost Boys
The Indians
Mermaids
Pirates
The Natives (at Cannibal Cove)
Pixies
That's all that are mentioned :) But should you think of another character that you want, just run it by me, and it's all good ^_^ You can be the crocodile too ;) Or any animal, for that matter, just keep in mind that they don't speak.

The character form! You can have a maximum of 3 characters

Name:
What you are (boy, mermaid, pirate, etc.):
Appearance/Picture:
Personality:
History (if any; optional):
Other:

Taken/claimed characters:
Peter Pan
Tinker Bell
Captain Hook
Mr. Smee
Tiger Lily
The Crocodile
Lost Boy 1/2/3/4/5/6

A side note: If you're going to write as an existing character, please please please play in character. Don't make Peter Pan and Captain Hook BFFs, okay? :)

Just a reminder: Tinker Bell does not speak. So if you're going to play as a pixie, you don't speak. You make little bell noises that stand in as your words ^^ You can have subtext (lol), but no words to the other characters. They understand the bell sounds, but you don't come right out and say stuff. Okay?

Alright, have at it!

*Almost forgot: Peter Pan was originally created by Sir James M. Barrie. This storybook inspired by the cartoon, which is (c) to Disney*
Last edited by RayneChild on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:03 am, edited 10 times in total.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Reviews: 4
Sun May 30, 2010 7:03 pm
FadedHeart says...

Name: Nerissa

What you are (boy, mermaid, pirate, etc.): Mermaid

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is very selfish, and will only help someone if there is something in it for her. She is vain, and doesn't ever go out of her way to do anything. She likes flaunting her latest treasures, and can't stand being interrupted. She flirts a lot.

History (if any; optional): She has gone through many merman suitors. One merman she fell in love with, but he didn't love her. She went to Captain Hook for help, and in exchange for a little vial with a love potion in it, she would be loyal to him. She signed a contract, and willingly made the trade. She gave the potion to the merman, but it didn't work. After a time, he did fall in love with her, but she is bound to serve Hook.

Likes: Likes the sea, sparkly things, jewelery, herself, the merman

Dislikes: Hook, people who don't think she is pretty, the contract

Other: Anyone can play the merman, if they want.
Last edited by FadedHeart on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't know, don't see, just fade.....

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun May 30, 2010 8:06 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Tiger Lily

What you are (boy, mermaid, pirate, etc.): Indian

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's not outgoing but she's not shy either. She's always hanging out with Peter and the Lost Boys because it's much more intersting than being at her tribe all day. She also loves adventure.

History (if any; optional): Mmmm, I don't think so

Likes: Peter and the lost boys, dancing, adventure, pretty much anything really

Dislikes: Being bored, staying at her tribe all day

Other: Up for love
Live, Love, Laugh

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 30, 2010 8:33 pm
Chupatoasta says...

You know I'm in Rayne;) A shapeshifter maybe? I mean, it is Neverland! (:
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

30 Reviews

Sun May 30, 2010 10:00 pm
RayneChild says...

Chupa: Hmm... I don't see why not :D
---
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun May 30, 2010 10:16 pm
Maybe says...

I'd love to play as Peter! I'll edit in my profile in a minute.

EDIT:

Name: Peter Pan

Age: Unknown - Appears between the ages of ten and fourteen, but introduces himself as one year older than any other child he meets.

What you are: Boy

Appearance/Picture: Peter has short, shaggy orange/red hair and hazel eyes. He is slight of build and he likes to think he's tall. His clothing is always green and he wears a hat on his head with a red feather. He carries a small dagger at his side.

Personality: Peter is quick to boast about how great he is, even when such claims are questionable. He's careless, nonchalant, judgmental, selfish, and fearlessly cocky when it comes to putting himself in danger. He feels that since he can't/won't grow up, he's invincible. But Peter isn't all bad. He's got a strong heart and he really does have good intentions most of the time, even if his methods of carrying out those intentions are less than ideal to those around him. If any of his friends are placed in danger, he's quick to their aid.

History: Peter doesn't remember much about his past. He makes up stories about where he came from, his favorite being that he was born in London and his father was a knight named J. Barrie.

Likes: Flying, showing off, antagonizing Captain Hook, exploring.

Dislikes: The idea of growing up, pirates, being told what to do.

Other: Peter doesn't really understand the concept of love. If you'd like to try to win him over, just run it by me first but understand that it won't be easy. Also, his best friend is Tinker Bell and the two are nearly inseparable.
Last edited by Maybe on Sun May 30, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

30 Reviews

Sun May 30, 2010 10:46 pm
RayneChild says...

Guess I'll make mine :):

Name: Tinkerbell
What you are: Pixie
Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Tink can be very mischievous. She's beautiful, but devious, and has knack for getting herself into trouble. However, she cares about Peter more than anything in the whole world.
Dislikes: Pirates, anyone who tries to take Peter away from her
Other: Not...really up for love xD Peter's best friend.

And my second character:

Name: Aria La Croix
What you are: Pirate
Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :
Image And her boots (they're black): Image

Personality: As her...suggestive clothing shows, she's very flirtatious. Although, she never really gets the chance to show it, because she very seldom even speaks to her fellow ship mates. She's very smart, clever, and cunning, and loves smarting off to Hook.
History: Aria's father brought her onto the ship when she was a baby. For that, he was marooned and left to die. Captain Hook raised her to be a pirate, and she's a great one. However, she hates him, because she knew he did something to her father. She never knew her mother.
Dislikes: Hook, the rest of the crew
Other: Up for love, I suppose. She's neutral with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys
---

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun May 30, 2010 11:13 pm
phantom of the potter says...

I'll take Hook, and possibly a Lost Boy.

Name: Captain Hook

What you are (boy, mermaid, pirate, etc.): Pirate

Appearance/Picture: http://saturdaymorningcollectibles.com/images/products/disney-captain%20hook%20and%20pocketwatch1183396201.jpg

Personality: Hook is devious and malicious. He has a horrible temper, but is usually able to control it. Hook is a very dangerous man. The more furious Hook gets, the calmer he appears. He can go from being a suave, debonair sailor to a deranged pirate in a matter of seconds. Hook is very, very sly and ruthless.

History (if any; optional): Hook never talks about his past (or doesn't remember it). He was one of the most feared pirates in history, and known for pushing the boundaries of what was considered "safe" waters. One day, his ship (the Jolly Roger) got caught up in a great storm. Hook pushed his crew on, and eventually they ended in Neverland. Hook dreams of returning to the normal world, but he refuses to do so until he kills Peter Pan.

Likes: The thrill of the kill, plotting, and gloating over his successes

Dislikes: Peter Pan, children, being reined back

Other: He's up for love, but it would be difficult.

**If it looks like we'll need another Lost Boy, I can make one.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

23 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 3:42 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Adam Mitsubi

What you are (boy, mermaid, pirate, etc.): Shapeshifter

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Adam loves to cause mischief, even for some his age. He's much like Peter, and at times, will join the flying boy in his escapades. He loveds to annoy pirates, and also be with the mermaids, who claim to enjoy his company.

History (if any; optional): Adam was raised in Neverland. His father was a shapeshifter, and his mother was a mermaid who had the wish to trade her fins for legs, and so she did, joining his father forever. They had three children, Adam, Arrabelle, and Anna. Arabelle and Anna, who are Adam's older sisters, both live in small cottages with their families, not being gifted with the shapeshifting ability that Adam had.

Dislikes: The medicine woman (he thinks she's annoying because she always tells him to be more careful) and the local indians. (They think he's a demon, because of his shapeshifting abilities)

Other: Up for love, of course(:

~

Name: Shinra

What you are: Medicine Woman

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Shinra is very caring to anyone and everyone. All the women in her family were medicine women, and she sought to become one as well. After her mother died, she was the only medicine woman in all of Neverland. She doesn't take sides, even if some of her favorites are on a side. She sees no point in constant argument, seeing that in Neverland, nobody truly dies unless it's their time of old age, with comes hundreds of years later than their birth. She's like a mother to anyone, even those older than her. She does, however, have the dream to truly fall in love and become a real mother.

History: Shinra comes from a long linage of medicine women, each one greater than the last. She was twelve when her mother died, and has become stronger as a medicine woman since then. Her favorite patients are the Lost Boys, and the pirates, as they are against each other, and hate one another, so she finds it humorous to hear their seperate sides of the story. She has declared her medice territory as nuetral, meaning that nobody who you are, all loyalties and hatred towards or against another man, are to be forgotten.

Likes: Everyone she encounters, the night sky, stars, water, singing

Dislikes: Rivalries, hatred, unsettling times, and people without flaws.

Other: Up for love

~

Name: Terance

Age: Late teens, early twenties? I don;t know, whatever the adolescent pixie age is!

What you are: Pixie

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Terance is shy, sweet, and loving. He offers advice to anyone that may need it. He's confident in his skills, and secretly has a crush on Tinkerbelle

History: Terance was raised in Pixie Hollow, but is constantly traveling aroud Neverland. He's one of the faries that gives other faries their pixie dust.

Likes: Tink, flying, swimming, messing with Peter, and bothering fireflies.

Dislikes: Peter, Hooke, and Tink's stupid dense-ness to his crush on her

Other: Only has eyes for Tink, although he knows it will be nothing more than unrequented love.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon May 31, 2010 3:03 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Ooh... *licks lips* Tempting... Uh... I want a girl, but it looks like the ratio's off... Guhh. *decisions*
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

23 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 3:15 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Hmm, gssp, I'm sure Rayne wouldn't mind if you made a girl, as long as the ratio ends up even... But it's up to you(:
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

100 Reviews

Mon May 31, 2010 4:06 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Okay. xD

Oh yeah, and Toasty? I sent you a PM a few weeks back but you never replied...

Name: Aaryine Teldarassil
What you are (boy, mermaid, pirate, etc.): Forest spirit
Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :
FemaleNightElf.jpg
FemaleNightElf.jpg (78.58 KiB) Viewed 671 times

Personality: Not very social. She avoids contact with other living beings as much as possible, preferring to spend her time in the heart of the forest with the oldest trees. She's said to know all, and see all, but she's usually incredibly reluctant to give up information. If you're lucky enough to meet her she won't speak. Only listen.
Likes: Quiet, the dark, trees, birds, and nature in general.
Dislikes: Fire, battles, metal, loud noises, the merpeople, and most everything.
Other: I highly doubt it'll happen, but up for love. She's neutral to the pirates and to Peter Pan. She won't get involved in a struggle unless it threatens her forest.

I think I'll claim Smee too. I need a charrie that'll be more involved. xD Will post his profile in a bit.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 31, 2010 4:33 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Lucas
What you are: Pirate
Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Playful and cheerful; rarely takes anything seriously. Enjoys being around others and is occasionally way annoying with his inability to comprehend the idea of 'personal space'. He's not very clever and oftens makes incredibly stupid comments, but he's quite friendly and open.
Likes: Laughing, messing around, swimming, mermaids, other people.
Dislikes: Working, Serious Matters, quiet.
Other: Up for love.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

30 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:58 am
RayneChild says...

Yay! Another pirate!! :D

Eh, boys, girls, it doesn't matter ^^ We can have as many NPCs as we want :D

Very cool characters, let's just remember folks, this isn't WoW, okay? :) Let's try to stay a little bit true to Peter Pan x)
---

100 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:18 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Hehehehehe... Sorry. xDD

You flare, you flicker, you fade... And in the end, all your tomorrows become yesterdays.
— Megatron (Lost Light, by Roberts, Lawrence, Lafuente)