z

Young Writers Society

Quite Unlike a Fairytale

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 am
Elinor says...

The characters to be used in this storybook are not mine at all and belong entirely to the Walt Disney company.

Premise

Many years into the future, after several natural disasters have completely torn the United States into a barren, uninhabitable wasteland, several of the famous characters which Walt Disney had created in his films were torn from the cells of their respected movies. They ended up in the remnants of a land that used to once worship them-Walt Disney World, in Orlando, Florida. They treasure and learn much from what they still can-from the old films at various theaters that were running, and the souvenirs never bought, and try to bask in it as much they can, hoping to rebuild, so they can enjoy it the way it was meant to be and then go back it home. Although they don't get along, the possibility that they can time travel and return to the place in its heyday calls for an unexpected alliance.

Rules

-All YWS rules apply

-Romance is allowed to break cannon (for instance, Snow White can fall in love with Phillip, but the existing relationships will be in place when the SB begins)

-Keep Romance PG13 (Basically, what we see in the movies-kissing, making out, and flirting, but no elaborate sex scenes)

-Villains should try to hate the heroes, heroes should try to hate the villains, until an alliance is called for. The exception is Gaston who would flirt with a lot of the ladies.

-You don't have to have been to Disney World for this RP, but it does help a lot.

Availability

Ladies
Snow White (yuriiko12345)
Cinderella (Ladyofthedeathroses)
Alice (Lauren2010)
Aurora (Elinor Brynn)
Ariel (kidashka)
Belle (WhiteTiger93)
Jasmine (WordsInMyMind)
Pocahontas (Isha)
Mulan

Gents
Phillip (WhiteTiger93)
Eric (ScarletteRose)
Peter Pan (phantom of the potter)
Aladdin (kidashka)

Villains
The Evil Queen
The Evil Stepmother
The Queen of Hearts (ireylcadence)
Maleficent (captain.classy)
Ursula (darkangel_05)
Jafar (AquaMarine)

(If there is a character that I've missed on this list that you want to play, go ahead and ask me here. I'll most likely allow it, but still, check with me. I don't want an overabundance of characters)

Character Stencil

Code: Select all
[i]Name:[/i]
[i]Age:[/i]
[i]Appearance:[/i]
[i]Picture:[/i]
[i]Personality:[/i]

I will be claiming Princess Aurora.
Last edited by Elinor on Fri May 21, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 18 times in total.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue May 18, 2010 4:24 am
phantom of the potter says...

**Can I maybe write in Tinkerbell as well? Not as a fully-fledged character, but as a sort of side-kick to Peter?

Name: Peter Pan
Appearance: Thin, red-haired, with a quirky, playful smile almost always playing on his lips. He very rarely has his feet on the ground; Peter is far more fond of hovering.
Picture: http://dokye.deviantart.com/art/peter-pan-65272441
Personality: Peter is a cocky little boy who has no doubt in his abilities. He has a fiery temper and can seem spoiled at points, but Peter is a sweet boy at heart. Peter loves to have fun and be carefree. Don't be fooled by his boyish looks, however. Peter is wicked fast with his dagger and cunning as a cat.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 18, 2010 12:43 pm
Elinor says...

Sure! That could definitely work.

-- Walt Disney

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue May 18, 2010 1:42 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Could I have Belle. :) I'll post her profile very soon. She's an awesome character! <3
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue May 18, 2010 7:24 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Oh! Can I have Alice? Will post a profile later.
Got YWS?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue May 18, 2010 9:23 pm
kidashka says...

Ariel, please!! :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Random avatar

Reviews: 51
Tue May 18, 2010 9:34 pm
ireylcadence says...

Sounds fun. :)

Name:Queen of Hearts
Appearance:Short, plump, dressed rather matronly for a Queen
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality:Prevalent Napoleon-complex. Diabolical, and just slightly ditsy. Enjoys flattering, fruit tarts, rabbit-slaves, and beheading.
The wittiest thing is the simple truth.

541 Reviews

Tue May 18, 2010 9:48 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Name: Alice
Appearance: Thin, long blonde hair. Usually wearing a blue colored dress.
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Alice is independant, adventurous, strong-willed, and a dreamer.
Last edited by Lauren2010 on Tue May 18, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

54 Reviews

Tue May 18, 2010 10:30 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Name: Belle
Appearance: She's very beautiful, her name meaning 'beauty' and often found with a book at hand. She has brown hair and lighter brown eyes, pale skin with a rosy glow to her cheeks. She has a warm beauty to her.
Picture: http://www.fpx.de/fp/Disney/Pictures/SingingBelle.jpg
Personality: She loves to read more than anything. She dreams of adventure and is very independant. She also dreams of love and hates small town lives, where she must do as she is told. She won't have a man to tell her what to do. Intelligent, free and extremely kind. She won't judge you for you exterior. (;
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 pm
Elinor says...

Lauren-I'd prefer you use the animated version, as that is the film that represents Classic Disney. Just put her age at about twelve or thirteen.

-- Walt Disney

541 Reviews

Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Alrighty, I can do that :)
Got YWS?

54 Reviews

Tue May 18, 2010 10:43 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

How many characters are we allowed to have Elinor? I would ask this in the DT but there isn't one yet. Sorry for the clutter. :/

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Tue May 18, 2010 10:43 pm
captain.classy says...

Maleficent! Lauren, I hate you for picking Alice. <3 hehe

Name: Maleficent

Appearance: Beautiful, tall, wise, and evil of couse. She has big tall horns, can turn into a dragon, and posses magican powers, so she wields a giant magic wand thing. She also has green skin... fear me! Her pet crow bird, named crow bird, is always with her, and is used to spy on the 'good guys.' Muaha.

Picture:
Maleficent.gif
Maleficent.gif (22.66 KiB) Viewed 554 times

Personality: She hates Princess Aurora. She's tired of not being considered royal, so she vows to rid of Aurora once and for all! She just wants everyone to be peaceful... under her rule. She is the baddest of the bad, so will lead the Villains in this trek for greatness and knowledge in the human world. The Queen of Hearts is her second in command, because she thinks she's awesome. As said above, she has magical powers, and can basically do anything on her good days. She hopes one day to be so powerful that she can turn her bird back into a handsome prince and marry him.
Last edited by captain.classy on Tue May 18, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 18, 2010 10:44 pm
Elinor says...

Don't worry about it, Tiger. You can have up to two characters. I just made a DT. Here's the link to it: topic63879.html

Here's my profile, by the way.

Name: Princess Aurora
Appearance: Long, golden tresses, tan skin, and deep, wide brown eyes. She has a thin, spindly figure and deep red lips. Her wear alternates between a grey cotton dress, purple shawl, and black headband (as her alter-ego, Briar Rose)
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is extraordinarily sweet, and a magnificent singer. She has a love for nature, and is somewhat naive.

-- Walt Disney

Reviews: 3
Tue May 18, 2010 10:55 pm
WordsInMyMind says...

I noticed you put Jaffar but not Aladdin or Jasmine. May I be Jasmine?
HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI!

Annoying, huh?

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde