z

Young Writers Society

Children of Hades ~Full~

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun May 16, 2010 10:17 pm
TexanWriter says...

This is what happens when I watch the Sci-Fi channel for a whole sixty seconds.
Not Accepting Characters

Children of Hades

Where am I? Isabelle opened her eyes as wide as she could and turned her head to the side. Is this heaven? There was nothing but misty infinity in every direction. She groaned and tried to remember. I was falling… They were calling my name… I was screaming. She rolled over onto her stomach and pushed herself up to stand. It was amazing how good she felt; healthy. Strong. Isabelle took another look around. A small glowing dot grew in the distance. She squinted at it. It grew bigger, coming closer. Jesus? The Grim Reaper? Cerberus? What is that?

Within seconds it was in front of her. It – or he – was a tall, handsome young man, with clean features and olive skin. His wavy jet-black hair blew around him in the breeze that didn’t exist. He looked down at her with missing eyes replaced by small blue flames.

“What did you do to end up here?” he asked her in a gentle, cold voice. He brushed a wisp of red hair behind her ear. “No one comes here with a natural death. What caused yours?”

Isabelle’s heart jumped. She suddenly wanted to tell him everything, despite his frightening visage. I’m dead…? she thought to herself. ...Very persuading. I’m not going to fall for it. The memories rushed back in a frenzy, just like in the movies. “I jumped off a building to get away.” And I fell for it. With a pause she continued. “Since my death was unnatural, can I get my life back?”

“I can give it to you,” he said, a sickening grin stretching between his cheeks. “For a price. Your soul and servitude in exchange for a better life.”

Again, just like the movies. He wants me to sell my soul… That never ends well… “Who are you?” her voice cracked when she spoke. The man put his hand out for her to take. Isabelle bit her lip. I must be going to hell, so I can’t end up any worse.

She took his hand and he answered her question.

“I am Hades.”

~What are Children of Hades?~

You died an unnatural death and wanted your life back. Hades gave it to you in exchange for your soul, and now he has a job for you.

A Child of Hades tends to be the last person you ever see in your mortal life. It visits you on your deathbed when no one is looking and closes your eyes for the last time. There are six billion people in the world, with someone dying every second; Death simply can’t keep up with the demand on his own. Think “Santa’s Helpers”.

And you are a Child of Hades.

~Plot~

Whether you’ve been doing it for centuries or died last night, you are a Child of Hades. Immortal, and trying to meet the daily quota of fifty people. There are about five thousand others like you, people who are buried six feet below the earth and dancing on their graves. Only having to take fifty people to Hades a day, you have quite a bit of free time to live a ‘normal’ life.

Thing is, the mortals have figured out that we, or Death, is living here on earth. They’ve also discovered that they can bottle Death, capturing it and putting it under lock and key. That means imprisonment, neglect, and abuse for us. Five thousand Children are on active duty. There used to be eight thousand, and the number is decreasing at an increasing rate.

With the feds hot on your tail and a balancing act of duty and your social life, do you think you can keep it up?

~Rules~

-All YWS and YWS SB rules (good grammar, punctuation, no god-modding, etc.)
-Use spellcheck and proofread your posts.
-Please first write out your posts on MS Word or some other program to ensure correct spelling and readable paragraphs.
-Take your time on posts. Really. Take an hour if you have it. I reserve the right to void poor posts. Don’t post just for the sake of posting, move the story along with each post.
-Post! Regularly!

-Romance is fine and could be really fun, but nothing mature or graphic. I don’t consider a kiss graphic, but much further is too much.
-Please keep cursing mild and minimal. If you cuss too often I reserve to right to kick you out.
-This is supposed to be creepy. It revolves around death, for Pete’s sake! But that doesn’t mean go crazy. Keep it rates PG-16, please. If you go too far I’ll have to kick you out.
-No drugs.

~Profile Template~

Spoiler! :
Please spoiler the lines with stars (*). These lines are also optional. You cannot play Isabelle.

If I Tell You Something Needs To Be Fixed In Your Profile, Fix It!

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Birth Date:[/b]
[b]Died at the age of:[/b] (this is also how old they look)

[b]Cause of Death:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Written Appearance:[/b]

[b]*Photo:[/b]

[b]Clothes:[/b]

[b]*Photo:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]

[b]Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Fears/Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Up for Love?[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

Discussion Thread

List of Characters:

Gwynn McIntyre - TexanWriter
Leah Larson - WordsInMyMind
Elizabeth Hamilton - jemjive
Saphire Rose - Ladyofthedeathroses
Charlotte McClain - Lauren2010

Nathaniel Ashbrook - kidashka
Creed Donovan - Chupatoasta
Drake Hartman - Howler
Damien Locke - phantom of the potter
Robert Sansom - Kitty15

Here we go! Have fun!
Last edited by TexanWriter on Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

88 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 10:18 pm
TexanWriter says...

Name: Gwynn McIntyre

Birth Date: 12 / 27 / 1915
Died at the age of: 19

Cause of Death: She was caught in a house fire while she was sleeping. She was rescued, but died of burns a few days later. Very simple, but it was before her time had come.

Personality: Very sarcastic and lives to play practical jokes. Finds her whole current life, excluding her work as a Child of Hades, highly amusing and cracks jokes at it almost constantly. A rough and tumble girl, Gwynn loves the adrenaline rush and living off her instincts. Will put herself in harms way purely so she can get out of it.

Written Appearance: She has a plain, pale face brightened up by icy blue eyes. Her long, wavy hair is black, but shines a bold blue. 5’6”, healthy build.

*Photo:
Spoiler! :

Clothes: Purple-black plaid skirt and matching corset, with a half shirt with short sleeves underneath the corset. Black fingerless gloves and knee-high boots.

*Photo:
Spoiler! :

Dislikes: Fire, bright lights, heat, cake.

Fears/Weaknesses: Pyrophobia – The fear of fire. She will freeze up and start shaking and crying if she sees even a cigarette or smells smoke.

Up for Love? Yes

Other: Doesn’t think twice about her job; death has become nearly nothing to her, now that she’s seen every side of it. Is a horrible singer.
Last edited by TexanWriter on Fri May 21, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun May 16, 2010 10:20 pm
kidashka says...

Hmmm... I'll reserve a boy.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 16, 2010 10:21 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Creed Donavan

Birth Date: July 30, 1989
Died at the age of: 19

Cause of Death: Suicide; hit by a train after parking his truck on the tracks (I looked it up, and it states that suicide is, in fact, an unnatural death:)

Personality: Creed is very close to everyone he's ever encountered, which would help him if any cops came, asking questions. He's fun-loving, and manages to squeeze in fifty lives and go to his day job, as well as hang out with his friends. He loves to smile, and loves people in general.

Written Appearance: Creed is 6'1, so pretty tall, and pretty buff. He's got the muscles of an oxe;) He's got a round, 'cute' face, straight white teeth, green-hazel eyes, two lip piercings, and a lot of tattoos

*Photo:
Spoiler! :

Tattoos:
Spoiler! :

Clothes: Creed usually wears a black or white muscle tank, with black jeans, and a leather belt with a deathbat buckle, and black chucks.

*Photo:
Spoiler! :

Likes: Tattoos, piercings, girls, animals, photography, walking, working out, and and swimming.

Dislikes: Trains, people who don't like tattoos and piercings, ones who are afraid to show self expression, and crappy tattoo jobs.

Fears/Weaknesses: Frightened of bright lights, because of the train, and usually avoids traintracks.

Up for Love? Yes

Other: Scars on his back from the train wreck

**I'll finish later**
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Tue May 18, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Reviews: 3
Sun May 16, 2010 10:53 pm
WordsInMyMind says...

Name: Leah Larson

Birth Date: 3/8/1990
Died at the age of: 18

Cause of Death: Leah was choked by her severely drunk father

Personality: Leah is wary of most people and always on her gaurd. She can be lots of fun once you get her to chill, which isn't really that hard to do. When she is chilled out she's such a laugh.

Written Appearance: Leah has short black hair and deep black eyes. She looks younger than she actually is too.

*Photo: Image

Clothes: A black shirt, black skirt, and a bunch of necklaces.

*Photo: Image

Likes: Art, helping people, animals, Hades for giving her a chance.

Dislikes: Her father, most men, suffering.

Skills: She is a very talented artist.

Fears/Weaknesses: Being captured

Up for Love? Yeah

Other: You can't see the strangle marks on her neck but only if you know they're there and are trying to see it.
Last edited by WordsInMyMind on Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI!

Annoying, huh?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon May 17, 2010 4:05 am
jemjive says...

removed
Last edited by jemjive on Fri May 21, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon May 17, 2010 6:26 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

*reserves a spot for a girl* Will post when I get a chance.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon May 17, 2010 8:13 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Saphire 'Fire' Rose

Birth Date: 12/17/94
Died at the age of: 17

Cause of Death: She was walking through the forest in winter and fell into a lake she got out and while trying to get home froze to death.

Personality: a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is curious but doesn't express her curiousty, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She has a very quick temper

Written Appearance:pale skin and dark midnight blue eyes and her hair is down past her waist with a naturally occuring red streak on the left side. she is actually very beautiful but she doesn't think so and her curves are in all the right places picture the picture with what i told you.

*Photo: http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos00-400.jpg

Clothes: tends to wear something like the picture below Black choker with a silver broken heart on it.

*Photo: http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/ ... othes2.jpg

Likes: Listening/singing/playing music, death, all her hobbies, drawing, boys, being herself, animals especially horses, the night, and twilight.

Dislikes: Preps, jerks, and rude people

Skills: She can play the piano,flute,violin, and guitar , singing, drawing, dancing, writing, swimming, gymnastics and track.

Fears/Weaknesses: Caulrophobia fear of clowns.

Up for Love? Yes

Other: Can't survive without her music.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Mon May 17, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Nathaniel Ashbrook

Birth Date: 7th September 1896
Died at the age of: 20

Cause of Death: Was murdered by thugs in an alleyway

Personality: Patient, responsible, cautious, organised and sensitive. He keeps a level head and is generally open-minded, because of which people will often come to him for help and advice. However he can be stubborn - if he sets his mind on something he will usually pursue it to the end. He is quite solitary and can often be found reading or sitting in silence, contemplating things.

Written Appearance: *I'll come back to this*

*Photo:
Spoiler! :

Clothes: Tends to wear quite old-fashioned clothing... looks a tad stupid, actually. It's a good job he doesn't have much of a social life :D

Dislikes: Loud people, arrogant people.

Skills: Well..... He has verrrry lovely handwriting. :smt003 *who needs real skills anyway*

Fears/Weaknesses: He really dislikes alley ways and small/narrow spaces. Not very artistic and has little appreciation for art.

Up for Love? Yah, but see below.

Other: Sorry, but he's unintentionally misogynistic due to the era he was raised in. He's super polite to women and all, but thinks they shouldn't have to lift a finger and takes the chivalrous thing to almost offensive levels. He's trying to adjust to te modern way of thinking, but it's difficult for him. :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon May 17, 2010 10:54 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Can I claim the last girl? I'll get a profile up later.
Got YWS?

88 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 10:56 pm
TexanWriter says...

Sure thing! I'll just tell you what I told the others: Post your profile by tomorrow so we can start as soon as possible.

-Albert Einstein

35 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 11:06 pm
jemjive says...

Name: Elizabeth (Liza because of modern times) Hamilton

Birth Date: January 30th, 1786. Died June 11th, 1805.

Died at the age of: She died at 19 but she has an ID that says she is 21.

Cause of Death: She was drown in a lake by a man she refused to marry

Personality: Liza is strong willed and can be stubborn, but if it is something or someone she truly cares about she can be very patient. She can be narrow minded about something she is very set on, remember she is stubborn. But she is usually pretty open minded. She is very outgoing but enjoys the occasional quiet nights in.

Written Appearance: Long, straight, red hair. Fair skin.

*Photo:
Spoiler! :
Red Hair.jpg
Red Hair.jpg (19.37 KiB) Viewed 518 times

Clothes: She goes with current fashion and has a fairly femine style. I suppose that is because of the era she is from.

*Photo:

Likes: Classical or old music, cooking, playing the piano, full moons, suprisingly her job (waitressing not the other one)

Dislikes: Arrogant men, (obviously the man she was supposed to marry was quite arrogant or she wouldn't have refused and died), heavy metal music, when people underestimate her, cleaning

Skills: Public speaking, or anything public, she isn't shy. Piano playing.

Fears/Weaknesses: She has a fear or wide open water, like lakes and oceans. Incredibly obvious why.

Up for Love? Yes

[b]Other: Originally from Ireland, came to America in 1810, 5 years after her encounter with death and Hades. She has mostly lost her accent but it is still faintly there, especially when she gets mad or excited. She doesn't really like closing the eyes of children, then again she doesn't really like closing the eyes of anyone, but she will for a suffering child.
Last edited by jemjive on Tue May 18, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon May 17, 2010 11:10 pm
Howler says...

You guys need another male character, and I've got a perfect one on the shelf for this SB...

Name: Drake Hartman

Birth Date: October 30th, 1981.
Died at the age of: 28

Cause of Death: Shot in the throat by a police officer he was running from (who was attempting to arrest Drake for murder, in which he was guilty).

Personality: Drake is pure evil. He's amused by other people's suffering and tribulations, and he'll preferably take the aggressive approach to everything, and with the force he has, he usually wins with it. He has no remorse, and is always moving forward.

Written Appearance: Slick blonde hair, hazel eyes, well groomed, and a little pale.

Clothes: A black jacket over a white dress-shirt and loose blue jeans.

*Photo:
Spoiler! :
Epps.jpg
Epps.jpg (9.11 KiB) Viewed 517 times

Likes: Drake was a serial killer; he loves murdering, torturing, and simply insulting anybody he finds deserving of it. Mainly, he tried to target doctors. Murdering doctors was his anti-drug.

Dislikes: Doctors, hospitals, anything medicine related.

Skills: He's aggressive with a moderate intelligence guiding himself, and surprisingly physically strong.

Fears/Weaknesses: He can be somewhat foolish at times with his aggression, and he knows when to run away a little too well. He isn't cowardly, just not very defensive. He either attacks or runs.

Up for Love? No.

Other: He doesn't like to just close people's eyes; they were going to die anyways, so he usually takes a freedom to kill the people himself before forcing their eyes closed. It's what makes him enjoy his job. His usual murder weapons were a hand saw and a small hammer.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

88 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 11:21 pm
TexanWriter says...

Good Lord... I love it! These are great profiles, guys. All we need now is Lauren's and Chupatoasta's profiles and we can start.

-Albert Einstein

35 Reviews

Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 am
jemjive says...

I promise you kidashka, I did not at all copy yours! Haha I was kind of daydreaming at school today and wrote the jist of it all down. We just must think the same way. :P
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain