z

Young Writers Society

The Book

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:25 am
Snoink says...

There is a strange book in the center of the town. It is protected by a gazebo, and though it's page are thick and old, it will not destroy. Its pages are blank, yet the book is huge, like a huge dictionary. There is nothing written on the book to signify what kind of book this could be. Nobody knows if it is a journal or anything.

But it is magical.

There is something about the pages... something remarkable. Whenever you write down a word into the book, the words sink into the paper and suddenly that word, whatever it is, cannot be spoken or written. The word is gone forever.

The people of this town keep the book under their care, and take care of it as well as they can. Nothing is written in it.

Yet.

A little different than the other RPGs... keep it first person, but please do not feel tied to that character. I'll start it...
Last edited by Snoink on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:56 am
Snoink says...

*Geoffrey*

I walked to school. The road was dusty, and it was all I could do to rub my eyes while trying to keep the flies away. It was hot... terribly hot. I decided I didn't like it. A quick glance at my watch told me that I was late... as usual. But the more I walked, the stickier I felt. I decided to go slow.

Suddenly I stopped. I could see, just at the edge of my vision, three guys,who usually cut class. They hid most of the time, but now they were laughing and circled around something. I bit my lip and watched.

"Why the fuck do you think you're going to stop us now, little girl?" One of the guys, his name was Ramon, moved and I could see a little girl and her dog. The dog was a little dog, and he was barking ferociously at the Ramon, his tail firmly between his legs. "Oh isn't that cute," he snickered. "What do you say about it, Jade?"

The guy next to him smiled.

"Leave my doggie alone!" the girl said fiercely, tears in her voice. "I need to go to school!"

"And I suppose he's fuckin' coming with you? What a fuckin' treat! Are you going to show him to the other little boys and girls to show-and-tell?"

"Leave me alone!"

Her name was Rosie, I suddenly realized with a start. She was my friend's sister. Yet I couldn't seem to move. I knew that I was late, but they were there...

"Should we leave her alone?" the other guy said, his name was Paul.

Ramon frowned. "Well, if you want to... but I don't think we should!"

"Fuck no!" said Jade. "What is school for? Fuckin' retards! Why the fuck should we allow this fuckin' retard to school"

They were surrounding Rosie. She would not be able to get out. And it didn't look like they were going to move away.

I suddenly found my legs, and I ran up to them, dust coming after me. "Let go of her! Let go her!"

They look startled, but when they saw my scrawny body, they stopped and began laughing. "You like this fuckin' bitch?"

My cheeks turned bright red. "Let her go."

"Oh, how precious," Ramon said. "How many times did you fuck him before he agreed to be your fuckin' bodyguard?" He smiled and reached out for Rosie, but I came between them. Then I saw someone walk towards us... an adult figure. I smiled.

"Look." They turned around quickly and when they saw the adult, they ran.

The adult took forever to come by. He was the principal. When he saw us, he adjusted his spectacles and frowned. "Are you skipping class?"

Rosie began crying. "No sir," I said politely, squeezing Rosie's hand reassuredly. "We just had some trouble."

"Ah good... you better hurry then."

"Yes sir." When he was out of sight, I hugged Rosie quickly and then whispered to her, "Let's go to school."

I ended up carrying her dog in one of my arms and holding her hand in the other. We were in front of the school. "Why don't you go in?" I asked. "I'll be back shortly." She ran into school. I turned around to face the gazebo with The Book under it. Slowly I walked up, taking out a pen.

"Fuck."

The writing disappeared in the paper. I smiled.

Now you cannot use the word "fuck" in this story. :) Every entry, eliminate a word.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:17 am
Bobo says...

*Carl Matterney III*

"Dude that... that..." Greg stuttered, trying to say a word that he couldn't seem to remember anymore. I laughed at him as he tried to think of the word, wondering what word he might be saying. I knew there was a word that he used to always say, but I couldn't remember quite what it was. All I could remember was that I hated it. I'm glad that neither of us can remember it.

"Dude, just give it up!" I chuckled as Greg started pounding his fists on his head to remember the word. It wasn't working. It probably never would.

"Oh well," Greg said, hanging his head in defeat, "guess I need a new word." Looking around, searching for a word, he suddenly got an idea.

"FROLICK!" He shouted. I exploded into laughter.

"Yeah, dude, that's a way tough guy word!" I laughed out loud. Greg shrugged, apparently apathetic to how the word would make him look. Scratching his head again, he asked me what we were talking about. I shrugged, and we both headed off to his house to hang out. We played Halo 2 for a while, but he was so much better than I was, so it wasn't fun for very long. We decided to go back outside. It was then that we remembered a life goal that we had made years before, but had never gotten around to.

"Hey Greg," I nudged my friend, "remember how we wanted to make it so no one could ever say 'spoon'?" Greg nodded. "Well, let's go do it! And those other words, too!"

"Frolickin' yes!" Greg shouted. I stifled a burst of laughter.

And so we headed over to the gazebo, and took turns writing words.

"Spoon!" I wrote.

"Home" Greg scrawled.

"Frolick" I sniggered.

"Hey, that's my new word!" Greg shouted, "um... whatever it was..."

Then he added a final word to the list, in big, swirly handwriting, "the."

"Why don't you want people saying... saying..." I rubbed my chin, trying to remember that one word. "Oh, whatever. Let's go to Malt Shop!"

"You mean that one on a corner between street with brown house and street with Pizza Shack?" I nodded, and we headed of to eat.

Thanks to a couple of bored teenagers, no one can use the words "spoon," "home," "frolick," (Sam won't be sad about that lol) and "the."

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:01 am
Sam says...

Hehe, no, I won't...

*Sarah*

My words look funny on paper.

I know what I want to write, but I can't...

Th-is...Th-th-th....there...th-th-inking...

__ cat ate some butter.

____ ___ing cat ate some butter.

__ ____ing cat ate some butter with a ___.

God.

I pull open an old, dusty book lying on the floor, take a sharpie out of my pocket, and write:

"Well, this sucks,"

and close it.

I don't notice when the words sink into the paper and are no more.

MWHAHAHA! You can't use 'well', 'this', or 'sucks'.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:34 am
zelithon says...

Goeffrey
I am on a role this book does makeing world a better place, i made greg leave though cause he was being a fool I think for a bit, I got it, I is a greedy word we should get rid of it people are always saying there is know i in team i write I carfully in book "i". There somhow feel made a mistake oh well. could get rid of letters too? p an anoying one what about puntuation...

you decide weather he gets rid of them or it works

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:46 pm
Karma says...

For some reason, the letter stayed on the page.

"Huh, so *** book only lets you delete unnecessary words"

I decided to test the book's power, however, so:

"***dog went **** and, while holding a ***** decided to ******* while saying '****'"
wow

(OOC: put a * in when yuo are going ot put in a deleted word, oki? :?: )

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:08 am
Lymphatic_rebellion says...

I awake. I look at my computer screen, my head turning by some force not my own. It reads..."*** Matrix has you." "Weird." I say and go about my morning business. I shower, and then pour a bowl of cereal, partaking of it with a tool that I can not remember the name of. Something seems odd about today..."*** stars!" I exclaim. Every morning *** message "*** Matrix has you." appears on my computer screen - apparently some creep called Morpheus is trying to contact me, but mom says I should stay away from him. However...never before had the "***" been a part of the message. Strangely, I can't remember what it used to say.

I put on a black leather trenchcoat and prepare to go about my daily business...you know...ass kicking...it's what I do.

Today I have to go and beat-up some dudes who refused to pay big daddy, *** local pimp. I tear a mail box out of *** ground and brandish it like a warhammer. To the shady side of town I go...where *** buildings are falling apart and have no plumbing. Entering the apartment where *** first of these unlucky mother****ers lives, I can smell marijuana.

So I kick *** dudes ass - it's my job baby. I tear apart his house, looking for *** money he owes...there is a wardrobe...it appears to have magic properties. So I open it. There is a forest of marijuana plants. Into *** wilderness I plunge. Then...I hear it. Ba baba ba ba ba ba, Ba ba ba BA HEY! A drumbeat, and chanting. I come to a clearing, and there is a group of nude men, all wearing pumpkins upon their heads, and all with hairy feet like those of *** Easter Rabbit. They are in isocoles triangular formation, and at their most acute point is a young goat. The man at *** goat point seems to be performing sexual acts upon it, and after a few thrusts, every man shifts position, so that another begins performing these sexual acts. They all chant "Just about done with your butt, we'll let ya know, HEY!" "Just about done with your butt, we'll let ya know, HEY!" And *** goat bleats.

**** is quite possibly *** oddest thing I have ever seen...until I look in the sky. I see *** timer. It is incadesacent and floats it *** air, and it reads 00:00:00:10...and counts down to 0. As it hits 0, *** triangle sinks into *** Earth, and a pillar of light rises into *** sky. *** goat goes super-nova, and I find myself in a place unfamiliar to me in it's physics, coloring, and composition. It's just ****ing weird. A creature materializes, defying *** law of *** conservation of matter. It speaks. "I AM *** ELIMIST." it says in a voice not unlike that of a dying horse.

*** ELIMIST spreads his hands out like Jesus, and from them emit a set of words that I have never seen before but feel a strange connection to. He says "CHOOSE." I choose *** word "***." I suddenly find that I can use the word "the." THE ELIMIST disapears and leaves me stranded in **** strange new world. I shall never return to Earth but I know that I have done my species a great favor. My life is complete.

MEANWHILE, BACK IN THE STATES:

Some dumbass kid goes and writes the word "the" in the book.

Ha, so you still can't use it.

He also writes *** word "sex."

well this sucks frolick the spoon home fuck sex
"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." -Oscar Wilde

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:59 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

<Tobias>

Tobias looked at his computer screen.

You Have Mail.

He opened *** email and found a letter from his friend.

"Tobias - **** *****, something's gone wrong. There are words missing from my head. Seriously. Yesterday mum tried to swear at dad, **** is what I heard, "John! I will not have *** with you at **** when *** kids are around, okay? Did you ****ing hear me? Do I have to stab you with a *****?!"

I'm extremely confused - what is going on?

We can't go ******ing tomorrow, coz I don't know what *******ing is anymore!

Kadence"

Tobias looked away from the screen. "**** **** ***** bag eggs."

----------

Halfway across the world, in the land of the book:

I looked at the Book. Raised my pen. And wrote: DON'T YOU DARE

Never would those words be used against me aga - . . . I shook my head. . . What words? I shrugged and went to class.

----------

well, this, sucks, frolick, the, spoon, home, fuck, sex, don't, you, dare
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
— Emily Dickinson