z

Young Writers Society

His Dark Materials

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:06 pm
Lethero says...

In honor of the upcoming movie for The Golden Compass comeing out on December 7, 2007 I am remaking the Golden Compass that I started. I will do the best I can to explain this. Warning: The His Dark Materials is somewhat anti-christian so Christians should be aware.

Years after Lyra returned to her world and Will to his a new Subtle Knife has been made and the founder of the knife portals to the other worlds and causing havoc. This story begins in Lyra's World at Jorden College. A person who knows the truth wishes to seek Lyra for the item know as the Alethiometer (truth mesurer). He hopes that with the Alethiometer he will find the answers he needs.

Ok in depth explination time.
Daemon: (Yes that is the correct spelling, though the A & E are supposed to be combined) Your souls. A Daemon is a persons physical form of your soul. The form your Daemon takes is determined on your personality. In childhood your Daemon can take any form they want but once you reach puberty your Daemon takes a permanent form. The Daemon can't stray more than 10ft from their human (will feel strong emotional pain) and if severed from your Daemon you can go insane. The Daemon is most of the time the opposite sex, rarely the same sex. Your Daemon can talk to you, but will rarely (like if it's only a desperate need) talk to someone else.

Dust: (when mentioning this use the capital D) Dust is what we call Dark Matter. It is intellectial and it chooses to gather around children. They can only be seen with a special film or the Amber Spyglass.

Subtle Knife: A knife that has an edge that can cut anything (notice the bold). It is so sharp it can cut through air into other worlds . The Other world are other dimensions that co-exist side-by-side with no one knowing.

Amber Spyglass: A spyglass that allows you to view Dust. It is made out of (whatelse) amber.

Almighty: AKA-God. In the His Dark Materials God is not the creator of everything but the first intelectual being in existence. He died in the war between Humans and Angels.

If you want you can be Will or Lyra, unless you know them, ask me for the profile and I will help you. If you need things cleared up please ask.

Name: Ashton
Appearance: Dark hair wears glasses and is know for being a savage fighter.
Daemon: Wolf/ Defra
Bio: Is in search for the Alethiometer at Jordan College.
Last edited by Lethero on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:21 pm
~Volant~ says...

ah.......I just want to be human.

oh, okay

"Name: Reagan
Sex: F
Appearal: A little small for her age. She has bright blue eyes and short dark hair.
Bio: Lives in an orphanage, but enjoys breaking the rules and sneaking out at night. Spends most of the time that she steals sneaking out in the war that's going on between the collegers and townies."

"Daemon: Tyris
sex: M
Appearal: Like any child's daemon, he can still change shape, though he perfers a fox."
Last edited by ~Volant~ on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where are we going?

169 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:10 am
Lethero says...

Uh, few things, You need a Daemon, um there is only two Subtle Knives. One is broken and the new one is in the hands of someone else. But that's it, change those and you're good. Oh, and a person without a Daemon is like a person without a head in Lyra's world. Only witches can be seperated by their Daemon for great distances.

Should've done this earlier, but go to this site and it'll help you make a Daemon based on your personality. http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:06 pm
Layleun says...

Name: Lupe
Appearance: Short brown hair, sharp green eyes, freckles sprayed across her face, broad flat face, large eyes, five foot five
Daemon: Remis/ Undefined/ Male
Bio: Is very responsible, modest, outgoing, sociable and solitary. She likes to keep with the crowd but is very unique. Playful and very flexible, likes to climb and see from high up.
Last edited by Layleun on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:24 pm
Alainna says...

Name: Al
Appearance: Short, with long golden hair and brown eyes.
Daemon: (according to that site....) Male- Mouse. Called Skaene.
Bio: Sociable, inquisitive and spontaneous. Enjoys spending time with others and learning new things. Has a mother only as father was killed.
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

169 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:07 pm
Lethero says...

Here are the profiles for Lyra and Will. If you want them take them.

Name: Lyra
Daemon: Pantalaimon/ Red-gold Marten
History: Trusted with the Alethiometer Lyra set out to bring it to Lord Asriel (Her father) and keep it away from Mrs. Coulter (her mother). But then (at the end of book 1) is thrown into another world. Where she met Will. After her adventure was done and Pantalaimon stayed in one form she could no longer read the Alethiometer. Now she is learning how to read it.

Name: Will
Daemon: Kirjava/ A cat
History: After leaving his home because he was afraid of going to jail for accidently killing someone. He found a portal in Oxford, England to a place called Citagazze. He is missing his pinky and his ring finder from his right hand because he is the holder of the Subtle Knife, but he had to destroy the knife so no more portals could be opened. Is in love with Lyra.
Other: Will is from a world where people's Daemons aren't visible. Only he can see his Daemon and other people's Daemons.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:09 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Name: Will Parry
Daemon: Kirjava/A cat
History: After leaving his home because he was afraid of going to jail for accidently killing someone. He found a portal in Oxford, England to a place called CittĂ gazze. He is missing his pinky and his ring finder from his right hand because he is the holder of the Subtle Knife, but he had to destroy the knife so no more portals could be opened. He is in love with Lyra, however at the end of the trilogy they must go to each others dimensions permanently, though they agree that one day a year, on Midsummer's Day, each of them will sit on a bench that corresponds to one like it in the other's world, thus putting them in the same place.
Other: Will is from a world where people's Daemons aren't visible. Only he can see his Daemon and other people's Daemons.

:D I know, I know. But I just had to. The next storybook I join will have an original character.

EDIT: Whoops, you said these were for use if we didn't know the characters. Okay... let's see. 'Nother EDIT: Hmm... I'm bad at making biographies of characters, so I just added the last name, corrected the spelling of "CittĂ gazze", and added the bit about how they aren't together at the beginning. (though I assume they will here with the arrival of another Subtle Knife)
Last edited by Aet Lindling on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

169 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:15 pm
Lethero says...

One more person from the story that can be taken.

Name: Iorek Byrnison
Is a Panserbjourne/Armored Bears. They have no Daemons
History: Is the king of Svalbard an Armored Bear city. Has white fur (like all Panserbjournes). Is close friend to Lyra. Only wears armor in time of need or just to carry it.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

192 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:27 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Grr, you're evil. :P Iorek is so much cooler.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:30 pm
jonny911 says...

Oh, sorry, I can't do this anyways
Last edited by jonny911 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

192 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:38 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Um... The Almighty is dead, I'm pretty sure... and... :P
dun worry
it's all gun be k

169 Reviews

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:28 pm
Lethero says...

*Let's start this I guess*

I walked up the front lawn of Jordan college, with Defra at my heels. "Are you sure this girl has learned how to use the Alethiometer?" Defra asked.

"No, but if there is anyone I would ask about this she would be the one I'd ask," I replied. When we were at the door I knicked two times and waited for an answer.

The door opened and a man stepped out who I could only assume was the Steward. "I am here to see a girl by the name of Lyra."

"Ah, master Ash, Master said you were arriving today," replied Steward. "May I show you in?" he asked politely. I walked right in. "Uh, this way, sir. To the girls room." He took me up a flight of stairs and walked a few doors down. "This is Miss Lyra's room."

"Thank you," I said, "now begone." I walked right into the room without reply and say a girl sitting at the bed. "Lyra?"

"Yes?" the girl replied.

"My name is Ashton Iopli. I am here to ask you of the Alethiometer."

She walked over to her desk and pulled out a velvet bag. She opened and revealed the Alethiometer. "I forgot how to use this when Pantalaimon took his final form." A Martin poked it's head of the her pocket and eyed me and Defra then climbed onto her shoulder and whispered something into the girls ear. "Why have you some to see me, sir?"

"Does the Subtle Knife mean anything to you."

"Yeah, but it's broken. Why?"

"Another one has been made, and it's in the wrong hands."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

169 Reviews

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:28 pm
Lethero says...

* I guess I'll control Lyra till someone claims her.*

Lyra

"How is that?" Lyra asked puzzled. "A guy told me that there was only one made and I saw that one break." She put the Alethiometer in her pocket and sat on her bed.

"We were told they found the materials that the original knife was made of and made another one." Ash said. "As far as I know he is travelling to other worlds at this moment."

"And how do you know all this."

"Because the group I was in made the knife and it was stolen."

"Oh. What can I do to help?"

"We need you to learn to read the Alethiometer; fast."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:53 pm
Alice says...

I'm claiming Lyra!
I just lost the game.

192 Reviews

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:21 am
Aet Lindling says...

W00t!

I have to finish off book 3 before I post, actually... :oops:
dun worry
it's all gun be k

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief