z

Young Writers Society

Gorgeous

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:47 pm
irnbru666 says...

She’s like a slice of chocolate cake – I know I shouldn’t, but I can’t help looking. I gaze as her hand rolls across the page, her pen spilling out pink loops and whorls. Her eyes are iced with cloudy caramel and coffee hues, blending together like a painting. A waterfall of charcoal waves tumble down her back...
There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:30 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

and the next thing I knew, I was in the hospital.

"What happened?" I moaned.

"You were infected by purple prose. You're lucky we found you in time, another few moments and your story would have been dead.

"I feel dizzy," I said. The room was starting to spin.

"Yes, it happens often and for no apparent reason. We have you on an IV of George Orwell, but in about a minute you'll be fine."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Areida. You're in the Big Brother Literary Hospital, purple prose ward."
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:31 pm
irnbru666 says...

:lol:
There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:08 am
misspriss says...

"Oh," I say calmly, "I have no idea what you just said, but thank you for saving my story."

"No problem, but please be more careful, by the way, while examining you, we found that you have diabetes, type two."

"Oh no! Doesn't that mean I'm obese? Oh dear, I guess I'll have to say goodbye to all those scrumptious chocolate truffles, you know, the nice kind with the creamy chocolate filling." I say, sighing heavily.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:11 am
Areida says...

"It's okay," Areida said briskly, making a note on a very thick pile of papers. "I'm mildly anemic. These things happen."

"What does that mean?"

She tsked. "You sound delirious. And it means I don't have enough hemoglobin. Now sit still, I'm going to take your pulse. Sometimes people react in funny ways once the Orwell IV is complete and we get them going on a little Steinbeck just for good measure. One, two, thr--"

I passed out.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:17 am
Emerson says...

And when I came too, I was sitting in a pile of Strunk and White's Elements of Fiction.

"Oh my gosh!" I screamed. "Where am I now?"

"Same place you were before, only this time we're checking for grammar."

"wrong what is with my grammar?" I mumbled.

"Well there you go. Now shut up, this won't hurt." I believe she hit me in the face with a dictionary. I couldn't quiet remembered, because when I finally grew attentive enough to pay attention, the dictionary was coming at me.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:56 am
Snoink says...

And, with the dictionary, the thesaurus was closing in fast! Quick! Rapidly! Swiftly! Hastily! Speedily! Briskly! Fleetingly! Nonslowly!--

WHACK!

Didn't we give you an IV of George Orwell?

"Ugh?"

"He doesn't like words like "nonslowly."

"Then why did he have words like that in 1984?"

"No idea."

"Oh." Then Arieda leaned over giving me a strange look. Glaring at me. Staring at me. Peering over at me.

"One more thing..."
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:18 am
Griffinkeeper says...

"Are you a spy for the Cabassi family?"

"What?"

"I said, are you a spy for the Cabassi family?"

"We should check his hearing while we're at it," Snoink said. "I knew these audio tapes of my novel would be useful someday!"

"I just wanted to make sure that I heard correctly. You're asking me if I'm a spy for the Cabassi Family?"

Grif burst into the room.

"Redundancy has become critical!" he said, before whacking me with an oversized salmon.

2058 Reviews

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:23 am
Emerson says...

"Well I'm not!" I said, trying to push Grif off of me. He was rambling something about redundancy and repetition but I wasn't listening. I did have bad hearing, don't you know?

An audio tape of FREAK started rolling.

"When is this going to be published?" I asked snoink.

She gave me a blank stare. "In a few years. Stop asking. Maybe never! I don't know! When I feel like!" I was quiet surprised when she started cursing at me for asking, apparently, everyone wants a signed copy. Maybe she can get a 'deal' and save on postage.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:38 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Then someone else came in.

"NATE!"

"Fear not, for I have posted the new Squills E-zine," he said in a deep voice.

"Praise God!" Areida said. I was thoroughly confused.

"Snoink, I have a new mission for the SPEW Commandos, it's- hey, who's that guy?"

"I don't know, he's an author though," Snoink said.

"We'll just call him Arthur," Areida said.

"Hey! That's not a bad name. Anyway, it's a super secret mission. The Cabassi Crime Family has infiltrated a vegetable processing plant, I need your team to counter-infiltrate it, and take them out using an overly elaborate plan that is doomed to failure," Nate said.

"What about Arthur?"

"He can come too."

2058 Reviews

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:42 am
Emerson says...

It just so happened that I, was Arthur.

So, I was drug(dragged?) along on this mission. Of course, I was quiet confused. They had me bow to Nate sanctimoniously while I was flustered on how to even pronounce "Squills".

And wasn't SPEW a group of critiquers? Or had I been led to believe a lie?

"Arthur!" Grif shouted.

"er?"

"If you're going to come with us, you can't have narratives that no one cares about. Cut it out. You aren't taking the story anywhere that it should be going."

"Yes Ma'am."

"I'm a sir."

798 Reviews

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:33 pm
Areida says...

"Er... of course you are," I said. "Wait a second, what are you doing?"

Snoink and Areida were unplugging various things from the wall and plucking patches off my body.

"HEY, that HURTS!"

"Sorry," Snoink said brightly. Areida giggled and then snorted.

Nate glanced at his watch. "All right, you four, you have until 1730 hours before you have to be down at the dock to pick up the apes."

"What apes?" I asked.

"The apes for the super secret counter-infiltration against the CCF which we need for our overly elaborate plan that is doomed to failure," Grif said. "What else?"

"Good luck," Nate said. "If you need me I'll be waiting in line to play with the Wii I got for Christmas."

Areida and Snoink waved goodbye. Unfortunately for me, Areida was supposing to be removing the IV from my arm at the time. I screamed.

"Can I gag him?" Snoink wanted to know.

"Later," said Grif, peering into the hallway. "Ready? Let's move."
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:08 am
Jennafina says...

Areida grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me along the cooridoor. Suddanly, the hallway opened up into a cavernous room, where hundreds of people busily pressed buttons on a gigantic dashboard.

"Where am I?"

"Oh, I think we forgot to tell you," said Snoink. "Oops. While you were unconsious we beamed you up to our secret space base."

"Right. And who are these?"

"Young button-pressers. Has anyone told him-"

"Oh yes. Ahem." Nate cleared his throat. "You are now an official member of the YBPS. Young Button Presser's Society. Now get to work!"
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

2058 Reviews

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:13 am
Emerson says...

I started pressing buttons, not really sure what they did.

Some said "SPEW" some said "squills" and other, more obscure ones said "HONEST, BUT VERY HARSH CRITIQUE BY INCANDESCENCE" which everyone had told me not to push unless the lights in the back room went off and you could hear a siren. So I made sure not to push it.

"But I thought I was going to..." I began.

"No, not anymore," Grif interrupted, "We decided you weren't good enough, if you can't tell I'm not a man, then you're not on the team. I mean. Not a woman."

"But I—"

"OKAY!" Snoink shouted, "NOW, can I gag him?"

"Yeah, you probably should..." Grif quipped in.

798 Reviews

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:11 am
Areida says...

"No, don't do that!" I said. "I have a horrible fear of... er..." I decided to improvise. "Things being stuck into my mouth!"

"Really?" Snoink said, looking interested. "That sounds like--"

"SHHHHHH!!!!" Areida exclaimed, her eyes wide.

"Oh come on!" Snoink said.

"No!" Areida said. "We can't tell him."

"Tell him what?" Grif asked, coming up beside them with an ape sitting on his shoulder wearing a sombrero.

"About the you-know-what in the you-know-where concerning the you-know-who," Areida said.

"i LUV HARRY POTTER!!!11!!" screamed one of the YBPS.

Snoink jumped on her and gagged her. "I think I'm going to need to start a detox for bad fanfiction on this one," she said, studying the girl critically.

Suddenly the lights in the room disappeared, leaving everything in utter blackness. Somebody screamed.

"Oh, shut up," Grif snapped.

"i LUV HARRY POTTER!!!111!!" screamed detox girl.

I was getting a headache.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman