Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:18 pm
VampX13 says...

(How should I come in?)
"I'm an actress, not a beauty." -from the movie, Stage Beauty

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:18 pm
misspriss says...

((Okay everyone, I created a new thread for posting questions about this storybook, since this storybook is getting new people, and it's getting cluttered with posts.

Starting now, this is for posting in the storybook ONLY. Thanks.))

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:54 am
blackwings_angel says...

(Umm, rosethorn I was waiting for you to make a move. You are only at knofe point until you pull Kain of her trail. :wink: )
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm
Esmé says...

The journey to Avarinal Manor was not an easy one. The thumping rhythmically heavy droplets if water were giving Isadell a headache; the bustling and jostling of her carriage really wasn’t helping.

She cursed vividly as the mirror which she had been holding just flew out of her hands, the harboring of the image which she so wanted to see crushed into pieces. She persisted in the state of silent fury, ruining the interior of her carriage. Velvet curtains where now thread-bare and ragged, reminisces of colorful pillows lay scattered everywhere around, all adornment and decoration was ruined or simply removed. Isadell suppressed a scream.

She had enough. Enough of it all. Sixty years of solitude - sixty years!- and what did she get? What exactly did she get?

The gem was missing. Her gem.

The fact that she gave it away did not matter - Isadell never cared about what was whose. The fact that she wanted something usually was enough for her to get it.

Her gem!

Years, how many lost years? How much effort, how much nerves? And those idiots let it be taken away?

The sorceress blinked at the site of an overlooked crystal, a plan already forming in her head. A bit ruthless perhaps, but then again, she was never known for being delicate.

The carriage stopped with a last impressive jolt.

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:30 am
blackwings_angel says...

(tell me in the thread if you don't like this idea Els.)

A quick throbbing stung in Zayku's head. A hollow voice echoed in his head.
"My Gem. Bring me my gem!' Zayak dropped the knife and clutched his temples.
"Bring me my gem!" Zayku rolled in pain on the ground.
The pair looked at him in a mix of pity and disgust. Mind control was a painful thing, for the person being controlled.
Zayku stood up, his hair dangling over his limp face.
A shadow of a voice stuck to his. Almost as if two people were saying it at the same time.
"I want my gem." Zayku then flicked up his blade and puahed deeper into the vampire's throat.
"Get me my gem." A small trickle of blood ran along the balde. Zayku cocked one eyebrow as if a question, waiting for his response.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:33 pm
rosethorn says...

With Kain now diminished from their worries, he was able to sit and recover his strength, Avril sharing her rations with him.

"Why exactly are we competing for this bounty?" Avril asked.

"Because...she's carrying something they want. Some sort of gem."

"Wonderful. We have a thief on our hands."

"Perhaps."

"What does this gem do?"

"No idea. But I doubt Sid is interested in it. He told me to bring the girl and bring her alive."

"So let's find her, take the gem, and ransom it off to the highest bidder. Then we'll have no one on our trail."

"My thoughts exactly. And the human?"

"Leave him," Avril said, "I have no use for the arrogant."

"As you wish, princess."

And with that, they set off for Dursa, gleaming gold on the horizon.

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:19 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Zayku shook hi shead in pain. He was lying in a heap on the ground, breathing heavily. He must of been hit in the head by something hard. Zayku thought.

He stood up and looked around. Where was the girl? Suddenly his memory flashed back.

He broke into a sprint. He could reach Dursa on foot.

As the sunset Zayku stood upon a hill overlooking the plains. He hadn't run so hard in so long in a while. A weak smile streched across his face. The girl sat next to a fire leaning against his horse. He had caught up to her. Yet something felt wrong. Wouldn't that pair beat him here? He searched the perimeter, He ducked behind the hill and whistled. He waited a few seconds and heard his horse whinny. Something was wrong he if didn't come to him.
Had the girl really been stupid enough to get caught. Or maybe the horse liked the girl better than him. He broke into a sprint towards the pair, something made him feel terribley wrong.

571 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:34 pm
Esmé says...

(rosethorn, I hope that my post is Ok with you. If not, I can always change it. To misspriss: sorry, I forgot)

Isadell resetlled herself in the enormous armchair, set right in front of the enormous fireplace of Avarinal Manor. Whispering an incantation known only to her, she threw some kind of powder into the fire. The flames turned from orange-yellowy to a fierce dark red, becoming twice their usual height. Amidst the burning and sizzling, a silhouette of a figure could be seen.

"Avril, darling, you there"-

"Isadell!" Avril said the word emotionlessly, almost uncaringly. Showing surprise, nor any emotion for that matter, did not lay in her nature.

She had long known that Isadell would sooner or later give voice. The theft of the Gem, however muffled by both sides, could not go unnoticed.

"Your Highness, " Isadell drawled, barely inclining her head. Glints of amusement where the response to Avril’s ironic ones.
Last edited by Esmé on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:43 pm
misspriss says...

((Elein, I'll have to ask you to use ""'s when talking instead of --'s, okay?))

90 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 pm
rosethorn says...

They had reached Dursa by dawn, the largest city within this part of the region. Dursa was a trading city, filled with merchants and peoples from all over the world. It was a filthy city, a thief's paradise.

Avril and her companion swept through the streets now, checking into one of the smaller inns, The Dancing Dove. Avril gave the woman working the bar her surname and without question, she was handed a simple key that would unlock the suite.

Once inside, Avril made herself busy with preperations.

"How long have you been in Sid's service, Krushtoff?" She asked as she filled the water basin, stirring the clean waters with her index finger.

"Long enough," he answered.

"I thought you were dead," Avril remarked simply.

"Is that what he told you?"

"Yes. And I believed him."

He chuckled. "It's no wonder why you would believe him." He stared out the window at the busy streets below. "I, too, believed I was dead."

"You are dead." Avril pointed out.

He nodded. "What are you doing?"

She smiled at him like a child. "I'm visiting a friend. Feel free to explore the city for now. Tonight we hunt. Be sure you are back by then."

He hesitated to leave her alone now. But he longed to be alone once more. He would not be free of her until the job was done, of course. And until then, he'd have to follow her orders. Small as she was, her power came from her roots.

Once he had left her in peace, Avril stared into the still waters of the basin until a familiar face was shown on its glassy surface.

"Isadell," Avril began, reflecting nothing. "I assume you call me for some purpose." Her mouth curved into a light smile. "This stone...what do you know of it?"

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:03 pm
ConformandObey_ItsFun says...

((Okay, finally bringing him in.))

Dirt covered his clothes and his whole body ached. He had not had rest for the past three days.

As he walked into the city his eyes grew wide. It had been a while since he had seen civilization. He had nearly forgotten what it was like.

He watched as the merchants ran to and fro to prepare their goods. He smiled as he watched an old women try to haggle a young merchant to bring down his price while she stealthily slipped an apple into her pocket.

The city was full of thieves and they weren't afraid to steal from anyone. That included him. He put his hands in his pocket, making sure to keep hold of what little money he had.

As he walked farther down the road he came upon and inn. The Dancing Dove. This is where she had said to meet her.

He opened the door and was immediately hit by a smell of beer. He walked up to the bar and stared at the woman long and hard.

"Ulvstien." He stated quickly.

She stared back and handed him the key to the room.

"We don't need any trouble again, Mr. Ulvstien." She said in a thick accent.

"Don't worry, I'm here on business this time, not pleasure. I'll be good." He smiled at her, "I promise."

He walked up to the door of his room. He smiled. It had been over a year since he had seen her. He unlocked the door and walked in.

"Britten!" Came a loud voice from the other side of the room.

"Paris..." He said with a smile.

She wrapped her arms around his bulky body.

"It's been a while. How are mother and father?"

"They're doing fine. They worry about you all the time."

"Sounds like them."

"Yeah, they're excited about you coming home."

"About that..." She began. "I'm not so sure I'm going to be coming home yet."

"Are you saying I came all this way for nothing?"

"No! I want you to accompany me!"

"Oh God, Paris, what kind of trouble are you wanting to get me into trouble with this time?"

"No trouble...I don't think."

"You don't think, little sister."

She sighed.

"I'm just not ready to go home yet."

"You've been away for a year and a half."

She sighed again.

"I know, but I just get so bored. Please, just travel with me for a while more, then you can take me home."

He looked at her. She had never been able to stay in one place too long.

"I'll think about it." He stated as he opened the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Not sure."

He closed the door behind him.

He knew this would happen. But he still hadn't prepared himself for it. She needed to come home. She was only sixteen, but he couldn't fight her. He couldn't cage her.

He looked around in an annoyed manner while trying think of a way to get his sister home, and that's when he saw a familiar figure departing from a room.

It couldn't be him
, he thought, he's dead.
Manda Michell

"Why give up? Why give in? It's not enough. It never is."

571 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:21 pm
Esmé says...

((Eh, rosethorn, I wanted you to think something up here, lol. P.S. Dancing Dove = T.Pierce or is it just coincidence? ))

“Don’t we all know something about it?” Isadell furrowed her brows. This was not the beginning that she had imagined - asking questions was her dominion.

Avril just smiled her eerie smile, the tips of her mouth barely changing position.

“Avril, ” the sorceress tried again, giving her voice a metallic tint to it. “I have no time to play games. We both know the worth of that stone. We both want it back…”

“Yes, we do, don’t we? Am I right to consider this an offer?” Avril’s voice was cool, cold even. Yet the woman in Avarinal Manor knew that interest and catiousness was hidden somewhere between the lines. She inspected her nails, her dark sparks glinting in her narrowing pupils.

“Yes, I suppose so. History does repeat itself, does it not?” She raised her head, meeting Avril squarely in the eyes.

“Yes. Yes, it does.”

Isadell resettled herself in the armchair. The tension automatically lessened, only to reach a skyrocketing point as she said, “You know, of course, that I want Kain out of this? Tell that subordiante of yours to call him back. I have no wish to meet Kain.” She laughed a laugh which would make the biggest hero flinch. “Neither does he, I think…”

Random avatar

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:12 pm
misspriss says...

(Do you think this makes her too powerful?)

Elainora stiffened, someone was behind her. She pretended not to notice, feeding the fire some dry twigs.

Suddenly she spun around, and with an upward flick of her finger, vines shot up, twisting and spiraling up the intruders legs until they grabbed his wrists, and held him firmly in place.

It was the soldier, she smiled slyly.

"And what might you be doing here?" She asked, taking a few steps towards him.

90 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:48 pm
rosethorn says...

((Aye, eleinasari. Tamora Pierce is the source. :wink: ))

"The gem holds no significant value to Sid, nor to me," Avril spoke calmly. "However, it will prove to be a complication should it remain in the elf's hands. I would sooner be rid of it before I would go through the trouble of rescuing it..." She paused with a grim smile. "Unless of course, you could make me an offer I cannot refuse." She let her words sink in deep before adding, "And as for Kain, I can make a promise to you that he won't come in to play. But I cannot guarentee you that he won't...I'm reffering to Sid, of course. He's been terribly moody these past few days. And he won't accept any further...delays."

He had caught the man in the corner of his eye, but only for a moment and no longer. For before he could confirm the identity, the man had slipped through the crowd. Not bad for a six and a half foot behemoth. Still, no good news for his own concerns. Even the thought of a kill could not put to rest his tense nerves. Things were already spinning out of his control. It would only be a matter of time, which was no matter at all in the immortal world, before Sid himself would interfere.

Regardless, mortal blood was a nessecity to move forward. And by the law of nature, he did kill that morning. An elderly man who had wasted the greater portion of his adulthood at the bottom of a glass. Ignorant fool, who he easily disposed of once he'd had his fill. Corpses littered this city already as it was.

571 Reviews

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:46 pm
Esmé says...

“Are you implying that history should repeat itself?” Isadell stretched in the armchair, carefully eyeing her speaker. “You want to work together?”

The flicker’s in Avril’s eyes made the answer.

“Well, from my side I think I’ll agree. -But remember, if Kain comes in, I’m out. “

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain