z

Young Writers Society

Risk and Reward

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:31 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

she stared at it for a second, then sighed and opened her car's passenger door, getting some napkins out of the glove compartment. she straightened and took the stone with the napkins, wrapping it up. "Get a phone dude."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:39 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Phones are bad for your mental health," he replied. "What's your name?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:21 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Phones are good for business endeavors, though. I'm Queenie, and you?"

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:24 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"That's classified, I'm afraid." He flipped up his hoodie. "Nice to meet you, Queenie."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:36 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She rolled her eyes. "Make up a name to give me then."

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:26 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Nacho."

she/her

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:24 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

(sorry, some random ass cat walked into my house so we had to deal with that. That guy who lives in my house named him Agent Jack Bower)

"Nacho," she echoed.

he/they

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:36 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh weird)

"Nacho. What's wrong with nachos?"

she/her

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:30 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

(he shat on my floor. We have a litter box dude stop being fuckin stupid. He is an orange cat tho so the dumbassery tracks)

"Nothing, whatever, I have to get to work."

he/they

112 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:36 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh my god)

"Well, good luck!" He gave a wave. "I'll be in touch."

she/her

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:48 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

(the adults are back so they're paying attention to him instead of me. He's a high maintenance boi)

"I will, actually," she said as she rounded her car.

he/they

112 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:18 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(What a cat)

"Fair enough!" He watched her from the sidewalk.

she/her

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:23 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

(he did motivate me to clean my room tho so there's that)

She got in the front seat and began the drive home.

(would you like to write out a quick scene or so with them apart or skip to when she summons him later?)

he/they

112 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(We can skip!)

she/her

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:59 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

It was a few days later when Queenie finally got around to using the rock thing. It had been a busy few days, assignment after assignment as the weekend wrapped up and the pop singers for the event finished up the last of the meet and greets and concerts.

It was only after they were all gone that Queenie had a few days off - until someone decided she was needed and filled those days, but for now they were free, and she could meet with this guy.

The ground floor conference room of one of her father's more fancy office buildings had a moat built into the perimeter of the floor, with artificial waterfalls flowing over the stone walls, and one wall of windows looking out over the lake at the edge of town. There was a large conference table in the center of the room, and a tile bridge over the moat to the doors.

Queenie sat down in one of the chairs and pulled the napkin-wrapped rock out of her bag. She'd reserved the room for the evening, and disabled the cameras. There was no one in the company with the power to care who would even blink at that when it was her. No one particularly cared what she did.

She turned around in the chair and unwrapped the rock. Gods knew how this thing worked. Maybe she was supposed to be outside? But there was no privacy outside. Rows and rows of windows staring down at whatever she did. This moat did connect underground to the lake itself, anyway. It would probably be fine.

She leaned over and dropped the rock in the water.

he/they

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote