z

Young Writers Society

♔Victorian Dives♔

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:04 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"If scales were handsome, I wouldn't eat fish," Christine purred, "and if you're a dragon, I'm a dog. Woof, woof." She mrrowed with laughter, smiling.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:06 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well then." Nigel's eyebrows shot up. What a strange person. "Er...what's your name? I'm Nigel." Had she just heard someone say they were a dragon? How ridiculous. If there was a dragon here she would have seen it immediately.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:10 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Finally realizing that Christine and the other person in front of him were arguing and not just enthusiastically greeting each other, Mar hurriedly scooted his chair away. He turned to the curly-haired halfling and carefully replied, "Uh, nice to meet you, Nigel. I'm Mar."
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:10 am
View Likes
yoshi says...

Amoku resisted roaring and screaming the phrase, "I AM A DRAGON," over and over.

Instead, he glowered at Nigel, who was talking to someone else. Oblivious to that fact, Amoku said, "I'm Amoku and I . . ."

Used to be a dragon.

". . . am . . . very grateful to meet you. Uh, are there any bathroom around here?"
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:22 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

AceassinOfTheMoon wrote:"Aren't you the least bit excited??" Deserae said, bouncing up to perch on the edge of Alexander's desk. She had to brush aside several plants, a small microscope, and an antique mirror to do so, and Alexander winced as one of his plants came dangerously close to the edge. "Come on, Stardust, you can't tell me you're not excited to finally have students!"
"I'm excited," Alexander said lazily.
"Then show it!!"
"Yay."
"YOU are HOPELESS," Deserae declared, bouncing back to the floor. "'Yay' is not showing excitement- bird!" This last exclamation was directed at a bluebird she saw fluttering outside Alexander's office window, and she dashed over to look at it, completely forgetting what she and Alexander had just been talking about.
"Dizzy," Alexander said. He sounded exasperated, but he had a small smile on his face. "You can't ditch conversations like that."
"But there was a bird," Deserae said, as if that should explain everything.
"Your students are going to be less than impressed if you constantly dash off to look at birds- wait, what kind of bird?" Alexander asked, coming to join her at the window. Deserae pointed to the bird, grinning.
"Look at that wing structure," Alexander murmured. "Almost perfect. That's one pretty bird."
"See??"
"You still can't ditch conversations to look at birds."
"You're no fun."
"And I assume you want to keep your job."
She sighed and leaned against the windowsill. "I do."
"... but?"
"What?"
"I feel like there's a 'but' on the end of that sentence."
"Technically speaking, 'I do' is a full sentence on its own. No 'but' needed."
"You were going to add one, though." Alexander gave her a half-smile. "I know you too well, Dizzy. Out with it."
She looked up at him. "I can't help feeling like this is a mistake. I never intended to become a teacher, and I don't know if I can do it. You know me. You know how I am." She searched his face, purple eyes serious for once in her life. "Stardust, am I making a mistake."
"Absolutely not," Alexander replied immediately. "You'll do great, as long as you don't get distracted by birds. Or books. Or squirrels. Or a pen that makes a fun noise when you flip it between your fingers-"
"That was one time."
"I'm just saying." He put his hand over hers on the windowsill. "Believe in yourself a little, Dizzy."
She smiled and looked back out the window. "You're right. I'll do 'great', as you put it, even though that's grammatically incorrect, if you look at the technical formation of your sentence-"
Alexander laughed and walked back to his desk. He still had a few things to organize and plan before school was officially in session, and he had no time to pay attention to Deserae going on about grammar and technicalities.

[hlksdjfs hope this is okay I'll probably edit it in the morning a little bit]

When it was obvious that Alexander wasn't paying attention to her anymore, Deserae stopped and instead began to toy with random things around Alexander's office.
It was a very exciting and interesting place, after all.
He didn't have nearly enough books in here - although the back wall was taken up by bookshelves - but she supposed not everyone could have wall-to-wall bookshelves like she did.
Instead of bookshelves, Alexander's walls were covered in shelves with artefacts on them and diagrams on slightly yellowed, curling paper. The wall to the left of the door was taken up almost entirely by a purple flowering plant, growing straight out of the ornate wood panelling. The green-and-purple of the plant-covered wall was broken in a few places by dark wooden shelves holding artefacts such as cups, statues, and even a few knives that Alexander or his father had dug up on one of their expeditions.
The right wall was were Deserae stood next to the window, boasting a lovely view of the land the Academy was built on. A long, thick vine with waxy leaves grew from the top of the window and dangled almost to the floor.
A work table sat to the right of the window, large and made of the same dark wood as the shelves. It was neat and tidy, with a few books stacked to one side and a couple of rolled up maps next to the books. Diagrams of plants and animals were neatly organized, some stuck up on the wall beside the table and some neatly laid out on the table.
On the table, pushed up against the wall, was a crystalline case, containing a single artefact; A dagger, ornate, with a long, curved blade made of gold, a hilt made of jade and sapphire, and thin silvery lines winding around the hilt and crosspiece, making strange designs. It looked like a decoration, some kind of ceremonial weapon that couldn't be used in battle. A thin shimmer of magic covered the case, keeping it sealed shut.
Deserae liked that dagger. It had an important role in history. It was also shiny.
She reached out to lightly stroke the case.
"Dizzy," Alexander said warningly. "Don't touch my artefacts."
She pulled her hand back and gave him a winning smile. "I wasn't going to!"
He raised an eyebrow at her. "Of course. Don't you have anything better to do?"
"Nope!" she replied cheerfully. "And I intend to make that your problem!"
Alexander sighed and bent his head over his work again, the white flower crown nestled in his dark hair tilting forward and threatening to fall off his head.
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:26 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"Are you quite sure you're ready, sir?" Alexia asked wistfully. "There are more than a few students out there, and given that many are teenagers, their hormones--"

"Please not the h-word," the old man sighed. "I've survived Deserae thus far; surely a bunch of children and young adults, regardless of how unruly they are, won't be too bad to deal with. Let them in, one at a time, please..."

Alexia felt one of her eyes twitch unvoluntarily. "Yes, sir..." she reluctantly agreed as she ifted the latch on the door and slowly opened it. "The Deputy Headmaster will see you know," she called. "Please make a line; we will start with Amoku Aamokan, please. And try not to be too unruly, please!"

Let the torture begin XD
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:59 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Tibby:

Tibby looked at the girl, "I go by many names" he said "but you may call me Tibby. He extended his hand for her to shake.

Amy and Sienna:

The two girls looked at the speaker. Sienna giggled "yes we are" she beamed. Amy smiled "I'm Amy, this is my baby sister Sienna" Amy smiled at the speaker. Sienna pouted "I'm not a baby" she said. Amy laughed "apologies, my younger sister." Suddenly Sienna was distracted by something and ran off. Amy shook her head, a slight smile on her face "so what's your name" she asked the speaker.
*boop*

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:06 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Gemini's dramatic entrance seemed to have had no effect on anyone. He felt relieved. He didn't have to talk to anyone yet. He didn't want to know the lives he'd be killing.
At the same time he did feel sorry for Davina. Apparently she was going to be ignored even here.
He knew what that felt like.
She smacked him on his head.
Okay so the lack of reception hadn't done a thing for her ego. he thought, ruefully.
''Be a good pain the ass, and go socialize.''
He glanced at her, eyes wide.
This place was just like the orphanage. It even came with humans. What if they hated him? Or hit him? Or tired to set him on fire? Furthermore none of them seemed like they'd connect with him as well as he had with Davina.
''S-s-socialize?'' He asked.
Gemini sat back comfortably, and took a sip of the Sarsaparilla.
''You'll be fine. Look, there's even another werecat for you to conspire against me with.''
''But what about...''
''Me?'' She finished. ''I'll survive. If no one here is polite enough to address me when I enter a room, they can wait for me to shame them with my superiority. Besides, this Sasaparilla won't drink itself.''
He gave her a look, suddenly wondering if she felt as nervous as he did. She'd never been that sharp with him, not since she'd had that opium addiction.
Other werecat it is. He thought dismally.
Cautiously he approached the werecat he'd seen arguing with the strange human.
He opened his mouth to speak to her, then closed it. Then he opened it again.
''H-h-h-i.'' He stammered nervously, then flinched nervously. ''I-I-I know I'm a werecat but-'' He ended the sentence in a squeal expecting her to hit him.
She who calls the stars to shine

245 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:12 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Jen (currently talking to Amy):

"I'm Jenevieve, but you can just call me Jen. It's really nice to meet you, Amy!" Jen grinned at the other girl. "So, are you excited to be here, or what? I know I am!" She bounced on her toes.

"Magic is so amazing, don't you think? Right now my specialty is conjuring, but I'm also super interested in potions! What's your favorite kind of magic? Oh, and oops, am I talking too much? I can do that sometimes." Jen smiled sheepishly. "It's just that this is all so amazing!"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

34 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:15 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Amy laughed "not at all Jenevieve, Sienna is just like you! Very talkative. And yes magic is amazing! And I'm so excited to be here! Say Jenevieve, may I call you Jenny?"
*boop*

245 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:18 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Yeah sure, you can call me whatever! And what's it like to have a sister? All I have are older brothers, and they're no fun at all." Jen pouted for a second, then cheered back up. "Oh! And what you most looking forward to for school?"
mint, she/her

=D

34 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:26 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Amy laughed "Sienna" she called to her sister, who was staring at a butterfly. Sienna ran over "yes?"
"Why don't you talk to Jenny over here, I think you two will get along very well!" Sienna looked at Jen "hello! I'm Sienna! I'm sooooooooo excited for this magic school! What magic are you good at? I can do healing and magically making food! I love food! What's your favorite kind of food? Mine is candy, it's so sweet! I like sweet things! Do you?" Sienna stopped to catch her breath.
*boop*

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:28 am
View Likes
blueca says...

The tiefling stared at Alice for a few seconds before Alexia made the her announcement. "I assume that means alphabetical order? What a pain." Her intense eyes trained on the girl so insistent on conversation for a moment longer.
"The name is Ariphi Raeburn. Remember it." With that, she lifted her tail and went to line up, somehow the first one. She had no intention of being some authority worshiping prig, but showing some respect for the leadership here probably wouldn't hurt. Who knows what kind of magic they can use? It would be best to not be at the recieving end of anything nasty on the very first day.
i can't beleive it's not gender!
artim/artos/artims/arself
my name is the same as my user, or you can call me jan Laso!

romance makes me uncomfortable, please don't.

245 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:32 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Ignoring the line, Jen kept talking to Amy's little sister. "Hi Sienna! And of course I love sweets, who doesn't, right? You know, my power is conjuration, and I've stored tons of candy in my pocket dimension over the years, so just ask me anytime if you want some! Unfortunately we can't use our powers in this room, but I can't wait for school to start and then we'll be able to do magic!" Jen inhaled quickly, then kept going. "What do you think the professors will be like? I'm super excited for potions, and also maybe astrology, but it depends on the teachers of course! Hmm, I wonder what practical applications of magic will be like?"
mint, she/her

=D

34 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:39 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"That's awesome! I think the professors will be awesome!" Sienna grinned. Amy stood up "Sienna, Jenny, let's follow the other students now, I'm sure we'll get plenty more chances to talk later! It was nice meeting you Jenny." Amy, led Sienna to the line of students.
*boop*

Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.
— John Milton (Poet)