z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

4130 Reviews

Reviews: 4130
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:37 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Really, what's wrong with him, besides the fact that he just died and another version of his came back?" replied Jennifer also using telepathy.

"Just do it Jen, its for everyone's good. And put up a few protections."

"I trust your instincts so I'll do it but this is really strange.

"That's hard to tell. I've been far too many people over the years," said Jennifer, speaking to the man and snapping her fingers twice.
Last edited by KateHardy on Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:08 pm
Teddybear says...

Greed huffed and crossed their arms, awaiting the newest stranger's response. It was tedius, working around people who could so much as hold a candle to them as far as power level went.

It would be so simple to intimidate some level-two knobhead with a gun if some snarky level-eighteenish morons didn't have to get in the way.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:11 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James chuckled "really? That's interesting, how do you mean?"
*boop*

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:41 am
View Likes
5h4d0W says...

" Uhh hello James. " he shakes his hands with the man who just suddenly greets him. Ryo then remembered something and he looks at the EPD device equipped on his left arm. "Pardon me, I have to do something real quick. Don't mind me " He realizes that some people in the tavern have noticed him. He tries to be as distance as he can, back into being the timid loner of few words because he is uncomfortable with everyone looking at him.

Energy Pulse Detector, abbreviated as EPD is a device that is used mostly by spec ops technicians in search and defuse the bomb missions. Using his knowledge in computering, Ryo have added a function that enables the device to detect the infrared radiation emitted by living beings.

Huh, so this is where the massive energy pulse detected come from. And here I am thinking i have just found a great energy source to power up all the facility I needed. He frowns dissapointly. He scans his surrounding and he discovered that the energy radiated by the people in the tavern exceeds the normal rate a living being would radiate.

He also realized that the reading of the overall surrounding is off. Hmmm, the reading of the surrounding is too weird, its as if... The dimension itself is shifted . "Heyya, what's your name? I don't think you ever told me since I been poiting my gun at you this whole time. But can you please tell me, where are we? And what are you actually? You aren't human aren't you? " he bombards Greed with the questions.
"Set your heart ablaze!" -Rengoku Kyojuro, Flame Hashira of the Demon Corps

34 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:52 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"What you got there" James asks, pointing at Ryo's EPD.
*boop*

95 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:34 am
Teddybear says...

"I'm Greed," Greed said with a faux-smile, "Nice of you to finally ask." They stepped forward and pushed the gun away from them with their finger. "And you assume correctly. Most people here are not particularly human. This place is something like an interdimensional sinkhole. Not very many people get here on purpose, and it tends to attract people with a lot of dimensional impact. Obviously, there are exceptions to that," they looked him up and down, clearly not impressed by what they saw.

he/they

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:41 am
View Likes
blueca says...

Spoiler! :
Cerulian
A clearly non-human being with blue-grey skin, long pointed ears riddled with piercings, and pure black, almost void-like eyes. Ze isn't fully opaque, so you can see through Cerulian a little. Ze has purple hair tied back in a ponytail and is wearing a blue t-shirt that says "Music Band" over a fishnet top.

Another newcomer enters the tavern, but not through the door. Instead, ze gradually appears already sitting at the bar as Greed spoke. Cerulian takes a quick look around, smiling. Looks like ze isn't particularly human, and got there on purpose. Nice.
i can't beleive it's not gender!
artim/artos/artims/arself
my name is the same as my user, or you can call me jan Laso!

romance makes me uncomfortable, please don't.

34 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:52 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James notices the newcomer immediately "hello" he waves cheerfully.
*boop*

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:54 am
View Likes
5h4d0W says...

" Greed... Is that the name given by your parent or... Oh wait, come to think about it... " Ryo remembers about a book he read long time ago about ancient mythology and believes. " You ARE Greed, the amalgamation of all living being's greediness, hence your name. One of the 7 deadly sins. You are real it seems, I always thought you are just an imagination of a drunk influential man or something "

James then ask Ryo about the device on Ryo's left arm and he simply says, " Its an Energy Pulse Detector or abbreviated as EPD, its something I use to track down energy sources and detect any nearby living being by reading its infrared radiation. It basically works just like a pulse detector in Call of Duty Warzone. Wait, your dimension do have Call of Duty right? "

Ryo then takes a spot on the bar, "I don't have any money on me because its useless back in my place, but what can I do to get myself some sugar, a cup of milk and a mug of tea? "
"Set your heart ablaze!" -Rengoku Kyojuro, Flame Hashira of the Demon Corps

4130 Reviews

Reviews: 4130
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:15 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Jennifer was about to answer when James turned to acknowledge someone else and she decided to ignore the question. There really wasn't a simple way to answer that question anyway.

Harry meanwhile was focusing on a different conversation. "Call of Duty exists on around 84% of all dimensions, give a take a few random chances here and there...although its exclusively limited to Earth usually...so I dunno how many people have actually experienced the thing over here. Also...that name really needs a bit more flair to it...humans and their naming systems..."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

95 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:07 am
Teddybear says...

Greed rolled their eyes and took up a seat next to Ryo at the bar. "Sure, close enough," they said to his guess about their identity. He wasn't technically wrong. He wasn't right either, though, so they weren't going to fully dismiss that.

he/they

23 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:21 pm
View Likes
blueca says...

Cerulian snaps and points some fingerguns at James.

"Hey!" Ze got up and walked over to him. "What's up?" Ze spoke like ze already knew him, even though Cerulian absolutely did not.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:50 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Glena snapped her head to look at the newcomer. Hmm...

She stood up and flew over to zer, but stopped when she realized she was caught in conversation with another winged person.

Satan dang it.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

34 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:11 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James scanned the bar "interesting. Not much, and you? What's your name by the way?"
*boop*

23 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:42 pm
View Likes
blueca says...

"Oh, right, I'm Cerulian!" Ze giggles a bit and holds out a translucent hand for James to shake. "It's hard to keep track for who all I know, so I like to assume I've already met everyone. Keeps it simple, y'know? What's your name?"

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh