z

Young Writers Society

Daybreak

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:15 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Destiny smiled wider, putting her arm around her and hugging her back. Something about this felt so much more peaceful than how she’d usually felt the past few days. She sighed quietly to herself. Maybe she should try to go out in the mornings more often than was normal for her.
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:44 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

SilverNight wrote:
Stringbean wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:Yamren shrugged as well. "Nothing here either. Unless, of course, you consider Kamea going an entire day without doing anything irritating an interesting event."

Evelyn's eyes did a very small double take on-- Yamren. She made a mental note that this was not the same twin from before and just nodded slowly at the warm grate. "Cool... How about in Sanctum? Anything special going on?"

Jay thought about that for a moment. “Nothing all that specific, really. But there’s been a shift in behavior. There are more people out, gathering the last of the harvest before the frost settles for real. And some people are already trying to get gifts for their families, without the big shopping at malls and stores, of course. Haven’t had those for a few years now...” He sighed. “Yeah, I have yet to plan for Christmas.”

[They're all so awkward ;-;]

"... that's right, Christmas is coming up," Yamren said. "I'd forgotten. We usually don't do much for Christmas... any holiday, really."
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:44 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

General Update on the World
The Belecthorians/Mereticans/Anyone Not Working For Allegoria were preparing for the election. Noctis had announced his intention to run, and already he was regarded as the favorite. Despite his and the King's mutual dislikes, many saw Noctis as the right choice.

Thira, meanwhile, was being razed by Allegoria, with most of the survivors being enslaved as workers. It was bad, but this is Jaques we're talking about, so...

Sinestra is missing! Where is she? We don't know, and she took the rings!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

135 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:28 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

ChamomilePendragon wrote:
SilverNight wrote:
Stringbean wrote:Evelyn's eyes did a very small double take on-- Yamren. She made a mental note that this was not the same twin from before and just nodded slowly at the warm grate. "Cool... How about in Sanctum? Anything special going on?"

Jay thought about that for a moment. “Nothing all that specific, really. But there’s been a shift in behavior. There are more people out, gathering the last of the harvest before the frost settles for real. And some people are already trying to get gifts for their families, without the big shopping at malls and stores, of course. Haven’t had those for a few years now...” He sighed. “Yeah, I have yet to plan for Christmas.”

"... that's right, Christmas is coming up," Yamren said. "I'd forgotten. We usually don't do much for Christmas... any holiday, really."

[Yes ;-;]

Jay sighed. “Yeah, I get that... Not even before the bombs, you mean?”

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

13 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:11 pm
View Likes

SilverNight wrote:
SilverNight wrote:Jay thought about that for a moment. “Nothing all that specific, really. But there’s been a shift in behavior. There are more people out, gathering the last of the harvest before the frost settles for real. And some people are already trying to get gifts for their families, without the big shopping at malls and stores, of course. Haven’t had those for a few years now...” He sighed. “Yeah, I have yet to plan for Christmas.”

[Yes ;-;]

Yamren shook her head. "No, not even before that. We... never had enough money or time to do anything big. Kamea would usually 'find' a gift for each of us, but other than that we never did anything."

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:08 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

SilverNight wrote:Destiny smiled wider, putting her arm around her and hugging her back. Something about this felt so much more peaceful than how she’d usually felt the past few days. She sighed quietly to herself. Maybe she should try to go out in the mornings more often than was normal for her.

With a long sigh, Natalia drew her arm away after a moment and held her basket with both hands in front of herself. Her fingertips felt numb from digging in the cold dirt and having it still caked on and falling away. She glanced over at Destiny, watching her for a second. "How are you doing, davin?"
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

135 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:13 pm
SilverNight says...

SilverNight wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:[They're all so awkward ;-;]

[Yes ;-;]

Yamren shook her head. "No, not even before that. We... never had enough money or time to do anything big. Kamea would usually 'find' a gift for each of us, but other than that we never did anything."

He bit his lip, nodding slowly. "Yeah..." He sighed quietly. "I'm sorry that you didn't have the chance to actually celebrate."

silver (she/they)

135 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:19 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Stringbean wrote:
SilverNight wrote:Destiny smiled wider, putting her arm around her and hugging her back. Something about this felt so much more peaceful than how she’d usually felt the past few days. She sighed quietly to herself. Maybe she should try to go out in the mornings more often than was normal for her.

With a long sigh, Natalia drew her arm away after a moment and held her basket with both hands in front of herself. Her fingertips felt numb from digging in the cold dirt and having it still caked on and falling away. She glanced over at Destiny, watching her for a second. "How are you doing, davin?"

She hesitated, her gaze falling on her mother's face after a few moments. Her blue eyes were clear and calm, but it seemed like there was some quiet longing behind them. "I'm glad Michael's back," she said quietly. "But I wish our family was together again..." She shook her head slightly. "I miss Finn."

silver (she/they)

13 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:20 pm
View Likes

SilverNight wrote:
SilverNight wrote:[Yes ;-;]

He bit his lip, nodding slowly. "Yeah..." He sighed quietly. "I'm sorry that you didn't have the chance to actually celebrate."

She shrugged. "I don't really miss out on anything. The only christmas I remember celebrating was when I was four, the year before..." She bit her lip and stopped. "... um, I don't think it's that important anyway."

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:55 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"You're forcing my abdication," Michael stated plainly.
"I am," Ismelda replied. "It is best for all of us, Michael. Better for someone younger with a perfect record to sit on the throne than for you to push the Allegorians too hard.. The Thirans, too, if he's left any alive."
Michael scowled. "I hate it when you have a point."
"Well, I do, and you'll live with it, if I have to live until I'm two hundred to make sure that happens."
Michael's shoulders dropped, and an empty filling filled his chest as he took a deep breath. "Fine. Who follows me?"
"Sinestra."
"You saw the le--"
"Not that Sinestra."
"..."
"Yes, that Sinestra."
"They won't like a Whitestar on the thr--"
"Do I need to cane you, or will you simply follow directions?"
"Fine." Michael grunted and turned away. "I won't forgive you for this."
"I can live with that."
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

135 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:07 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

SilverNight wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:Yamren shook her head. "No, not even before that. We... never had enough money or time to do anything big. Kamea would usually 'find' a gift for each of us, but other than that we never did anything."

She shrugged. "I don't really miss out on anything. The only christmas I remember celebrating was when I was four, the year before..." She bit her lip and stopped. "... um, I don't think it's that important anyway."

Jay had been listening for what she was about to say next, but when she changed the topic, he didn't question it. He knew better than to ask about it. "It's not everyone's thing, that's true."

silver (she/they)

311 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:21 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

(Sinestra the Healer is still elsewhere. This is baby Sinestra, the 21yo. The new queen. Lady with the young guy. Yeah, her. Cause SHJ would respond to this with a fireball or ten, so...)

"Hey!"

Her now forehead glistening with oil, Sinestra was not exactly happy with either Honorine or Ismelda. She'd shoved Humboldt away just in time, saving him from being soaked by the thick liquid.

The four of them were on the grassy cliff side where Sinestra and Humboldt had come so often in secret at night when they could.

"What the devil has gotten into the pair of you?" the young woman snapped. "Oil? Really?"

Ismelda rolled her eyes. "You've been anointed. Get over it."

"An-- anointed? For what?"

"What the Old Queen means is that... well, Michael is abdicating and letting the next generation take hold of the reigns."

"Abdic-- but-- what?" Sinestra turned and looked at Humboldt. "I'm the Queen?"

"You're the Queen," he agreed, eyes wide open. "I-- you--"

"Wait a minute," Honrorine said slowly. "Why are you two up here... together?"

"Uh..." Sinestra and Humboldt exchanged a glance. "Honorine, Grandmother... I'm getting married. Yay."

Ismelda was dumbstruck for a moment or two before replying, "At least he's not a Dragonheart."

Honorine looked blankly between the other three and muttered a single word: "Belecthorians."

"And Allegorians," corrected Ismelda proudly. "You are, in fact, both. Plus Sinestra is a quarter Misericord, which isn't necessarily a good thing, but it's also not necessarily a bad thing."

Sinestra narrowed her eyes, wiping more oil from her brow. "Can you go now?"

Ismelda sighed. "Fine... Come, Honorine, lest she throws us over the cliffside..."

37 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

SilverNight wrote:She hesitated, her gaze falling on her mother's face after a few moments. Her blue eyes were clear and calm, but it seemed like there was some quiet longing behind them. "I'm glad Michael's back," she said quietly. "But I wish our family was together again..." She shook her head slightly. "I miss Finn."

"Me too," Natalia answered quietly. "You know you can go to visit anytime. I'll be alright getting things done. I plan to go over tonight after supper, we could go together if you want."
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

13 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:06 am
View Likes

SilverNight wrote:
SilverNight wrote:He bit his lip, nodding slowly. "Yeah..." He sighed quietly. "I'm sorry that you didn't have the chance to actually celebrate."

Jay had been listening for what she was about to say next, but when she changed the topic, he didn't question it. He knew better than to ask about it. "It's not everyone's thing, that's true."

"Did you guys do anything much?" Yamren asked, awkwardly trying to switch the subject away from herself and her family and christmas and the year before that thing happened before she started crying. "Before the bombs, I mean?"

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:26 am
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ChamomilePendragon wrote:"Did you guys do anything much?" Yamren asked, awkwardly trying to switch the subject away from herself and her family and christmas and the year before that thing happened before she started crying. "Before the bombs, I mean?"

Evelyn settled back into her seat softly and watched them.

[Post of the year :P]
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson