z

Young Writers Society

Hotel of the Dead

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:04 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Kira looked up. "I'm Kira. I see some of you are injured. I can help, if you want."
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Jersey looked between Kira and Adrian, studying the place where the wound had been before he had done his healing spell. Though Adrian was no longer injured, he easily appeared to be - blood stained the area around a thin but long gash in his shirt, and the close proximity of the cloth surrounding the gash made it difficult to tell what was underneath.

"This guy's good now," Jersey said, slinging his arm around Adrian's shoulder. Adrian looked a little flustered at the action, but Jersey didn't really think much of it.

xXx

"Jersey is the Jersey Devil," Mothman said. He dropped his gaze down to the table. "We're both cryptids, but I only just learned that. He was masquerading as a cryptid hunter earlier - I overheard a conversation between him and some of the others, so I ran and ended up here. He ended up here after me."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:08 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Kira looked at everyone. Her hair was still covering half of her face, but she didn't brush it away. "What are you guys doing here?"
Last edited by FireSpyGirl on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Firerose, Mothman and Damascus are actually in another room upstairs! The people with Kira right now are Jersey, Adrian, Tamika, Sevy and Cornyx. So Kira wouldn't have heard what Mothman was saying.

(Whenever I'm hopping between places and characters, I tend to use linebreaks like the three xs in my earlier post! Since all of our characters are split up right now, Featherstone and ChristenedPages have been doing the same as well. So if you see that string of letters/symbols, that's the reason why!)

And if you're confused on who is who and what's going on, then reading through the few pages we have so far might help. :)
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

((Got it))

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Could you go back and edit your post so Kira doesn't ask that question? That way we can reply to your post. ;)
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:30 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

((Yeah, Sorry about messing up so much. I'm just so new to this.))

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Don't worry about it! You're doing great. :) By the way, if you ever have any questions on how roleplays and storybooks work, I'd gladly help you out!

Jersey opened his mouth to answer, then promptly closed it. He, surprisingly enough, had no idea how to respond to the question being asked. "Well," he started, resting a hand underneath his chin. "I remember chasing Mothman through the woods for a bit. We both went falling down a sharp drop, and then I ended up in front of this hotel."

Adrian absentmindedly rubbed his side. "I suddenly ended up here, too."
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:56 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Kira looked at them, thinking about the reply she had just received. Should she tell them how she had ended up here? She needed to be with a group, it would be safer. However, she really didn't want to get off the wrong foot, and if they knew how she ended up here, what if they got the wrong impression? What if they discovered she had a power? She looked down at the rug, tracing a pattern on it while she thought.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:45 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx's draconian gaze watched her carefully. He didn't speak a word but the look was penetrating - he noticed the change in her heartbeat, her hesitation, the glance sent in their direction. Something was off. But, then again...wasn't that the case with everyone?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

162 Reviews

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:10 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"I was seeking a safe house." Kira said at last. "This seemed an ideal place." She quickly flattened her hand on the rug.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"So we were all looking for some sort of safety, then," Jersey concluded. He looked around, thought for a moment, then shouted to no one in particular, "Hey, Jane! Can you tell us why we're all here, or are you going to do that thing again where you tell us you can't explain that because it goes against some rule?"

Adrian didn't want to sound like he hadn't been paying attention, but he had no idea who this "Jane" could possibly be. He looked around and saw no one except the people he had already encountered. After a very tense moment of hesitation, he asked, "Who's Jane?"

"Oh, she's the receptionist," Jersey cheerfully replied.

Adrian wildly looked around. "I-I don't see anyone-"

"She's a disembodied voice," Jersey interrupted. "I have no idea if she's magical or it's a speaker thing, but she's the one who keeps welcoming people the hotel and getting them to touch the tablet that pricks their fingers."

"Oh, uh," Adrian said, nervously glancing around for a third time. "Hi, Jane, then?"
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus tilted his head and studied Mothman over his forkful of mashed potatoes.

"Cryptids? I've never heard the term. But it seems highly unfair for him to be hunting you when he is one of your own kind."

~~~

Jane's voice promptly boomed overhead. "Hello, honored guest. I may certainly be able to disclose some information. Limbo Inn & Suites is located in the Plane of Limbo." Her voice remained cheerfully monotone. "The purpose of our hotel is to provide a place of comfort before our guests return to the Land of the Living or pass on to... other locations."

Sevy blinked at this, his face going slightly pale. "Other places as in... the Underworld?"

"That is correct." She answered simply.

"And how exactly is it decided that we... pass on, or return, or whatever is supposed to happen?" Tamika chimed in, dread squeezing her heart.
Last edited by ChristenedPages on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

162 Reviews

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Knowing that everyone else had sought a safe place too made Kira feel a little better. She still didn't look up though, keeping her palm flat on the floor. "The house is like a sun-dew plant."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mothman nodded in agreement. "He hasn't had a chance to explain to me why he was with the cryptid hunters, but I don't think they knew the truth about him."

xXx

Adrian's skin turned several shades lighter at the explanation.

"I'm-I'm dead?" he asked, eyes widening in horror as he looked wildly around the lobby of the hotel. He didn't feel dead. If he put his hand on his heart, he could still feel it beating. And he was breathing, too, so didn't that mean he was alive? (He knew it was pointless to keep denying the truth, but he didn't want to die so young, and certainly not like this. He wasn't even his own self right now!)

"I don't think you're dead-dead," Jersey interjected. "We're almost-dead. Think Princess Bride."
mage

queer and here.

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop