z

Young Writers Society

Skater Kids (not accepting)

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:08 am
Fox says...

IGNORE!!!
Last edited by Fox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:08 am
Mizzle says...

**Fox, I seriously suggest reading it.**
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:10 am
Fox says...

Okay, so I won't be posting for a while. It's going to take me a long time, and by the time I finish, people will have posted more. I don't really mind. I'm sure I'll understand it better if I read it, so thank you! :D
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

367 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:21 am
Mizzle says...

**No problem and sorry for being...yeah. I just think it'll be better if you read it yourself, Fox.**
✯ ✯ ✯

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:33 am
untameabletiger says...

~Rae~

The others hadn't noticed that i'd went back to the skate park. No-one was there, so I snuck over to my ramp, and climbed under it to get my stuff. I wasn't planning to be more than five minuets. I was crawling out as I heard the wheels over the ramp, I climbed back in hoping the wouldn't see. The wheels left the ramp, but came back around two minuets after.

I was sitting there, like always, in my home. If i crawl out, the person will see me, and if I don't I risk the chance of losing my friends. I thought debating my options. I stayed under the ramp, a force pushed down, someone was riding on it, I ducked my head so they wouldn't hit my head.

It must have been an hour before I knew the person was gone. I grabbed my things, including my gutair, and walked out the gates. I walked till the point I left the group, I didn't know which road to take. "Go left or go right?" I mumbled. "Left." a voice said from behind me, but it wasn't Cassandra's squeaky voice. I whirled around.

(anyone?)

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:35 am
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

Luke and Jessie

Luke bit his lip, trying not to smile. Damn, she was good! He could feel the marks on his face already appearing, especially where she had punched him. Oh well, at least he had given it a shot... But he wasn't about to give up. That Blayne...he had to have her. The question was, however, how was he going to get her? It was apparent she had grudges against rich people, regardless of their intentions.

That's when he saw Rae in front of him, muttering something about left or right.

"Left," he said simply. She turned and looked at him; he smiled. "I'd suggest staying off the ramps. Blayne's on a serious kick-ass roll, here."

He looked up when Cassandra sauntered over, followed by Mitch and Jessie. The skater glared flatly at Luke; the two of them hadn't had the best of pasts, but maybe he and Jessie could be friends, after a few understandings were met?

Cassandra gasped at his face. "She hit you? Oh, that - "

Jessie interrupted. "You said something about a party?"

Luke swallowed. "Yeah. A pool party, at my house. My parents are out, its graduation... You know the deal, go all out, have some fun. Interested?"

Jessie tried not to smile. Not really his scene, but it was better than nothing. "I'm in." He looked at Mitch, Rae, and Cassandra. "What about you three?"
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

164 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I gave you an opening Tiger. And I won't be able to post until late tomorrow evening (central time, United States). I'm going to the beach for the day.***
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

367 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:47 am
Mizzle says...

Cassandra Trestice:

Cassandra Trestice was usually the one throwing the party--because everyone knew that no one could party like a Trestice. It was a given. She was the best party-thrower around, and so she kept the title up by not going to any parties except her own. Because a party without Cassandra Trestice wasn't a party at all.

But, Cass decided that sometimes a girl had to make an exception. And Luke was a nice place to start.

Smiling devilishly, Cass announced, "I'll come."

The boys around her grinned. And Cass lived for the knowledge that when she walked into Luke's party, every girl would send her a glare--and every boy would send her a stare.
✯ ✯ ✯

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:57 am
untameabletiger says...

**Thanks**
~Rae~

"No." I said flatly, as my shocked expression turned into a glare. "Not if she's there." I continued, ready for anything they had to say.

"Who? Cassandra?"

"Yes, CASSandra." I said emphasizing the word "ass" in her name.

My glare now was focused on Cassandra. After a few minuets of her unsuccessfully trying to scare me with her stare, I hopped back on my board, and started skating left. Hopefully he didn't lie. I thought.

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:05 pm
SporkPunk says...

Blayne, Macey and I walked down the sidewalk, heading opposite the way I would to get home. Streetlights cast amber pools of light below us every so often. The stars were obscured by the city lights.

"Just-leave me alone!" I exclaimed in an exaggerated voice, mimicking Brindfield's resident recluse. The three of us laughed, finally becoming relaxed. The stress of the day at the park subsided as the distance grew.

"It's not much farther," Macey remarked after we'd been walking in silence for roughly five minutes.

I nodded, excited for the evening ahead.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:39 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Macey~

Macey turned to walk into her housing building right as Rae joined them, spriting a peppy hello. Macey smiled and pressed a buzzer. Sure, it was a little fancier that the housing buildings on the other side of town, but Macey didn't think it was THAT extravagant. And... it wasn't. It was two stories, four bedroom, three bath, but Macey was currently offering to rent out the rooms under her father's best friend's name. The money she earned usually went to some starting out band or charities. It depended on how she felt that month.

Currently though, the house was empty other than Macey. "This place is huge! I thought you said apartment!" Rae expressed, looking around as Macey threw her stuff in the closet next to the door.

"Well, there are three rooms being rented out. It's not exactly an 'apartment'," she used air quotes, "but it is available space. I mean, basement, attic, four bedrooms, three bath. It's great and all, just empty." She let out a dry laugh. "Now come on, up to the bedroom!" She smiled brightly and ran ahead of the group. She grabbed the family picture of her mother, father, her and her brother and hid it in the closet. It had been the last family picture before her parents died, and Macey was only nine then.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:51 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Blayne

I let out an Indian battle yell and charged in after Macey, who had her fist stuck out in front of her as if we were running onto a battlefield. Up one spiral staircase (whose banister I wanted to slide down very badly) and down one hall (that would be incredibly fun to skate down), we were at Macey's room.

She tossed her board into a corner with a tool box and a couple of wrenches. I dropped mine by her bed and accepted her invitation to sit against the wall. Becca sprawled over Rae's legs and giggled. I shoved her head lightly and she smacked my arm. Playful physical banter, of sorts.

I picked up a chrome something. "The heck is this for?"

"... Adjustments."

"Way to be vague," I said, rolling my eyes. I smiled anyway and dropped the thing back on the carpet. I'd stick to skating and algebra, thankee.

I still felt a little lightheaded and immediately grabbed a water bottle. I took a few sips and closed it, sliding it back in my bag. Becca shot me a thank-you-for-remembering-my-advice-and-not-trying-to-be-tough look (I knew looks very well).

This was enjoyable.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

164 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:44 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Luke

The jock shrugged and led the trio to his car; he would let them decide who got to ride shotgun and which two were stuck in the back. Not that he didn't have room. He had found out the fun way that he could carry about seven people in his car - sitting in each other's laps, on the center console, and on the floor, of course. Maybe he'd be able to pull it off again.

"Do any of you need to run home first, get your stuff? Swimsuits, clothes, little necessities..." he rolled his eyes. "Unless you'd rather it not be an all-nighter."

He'd give them the choice.

"But don't worry about food and drinks; I got that covered. And don't worry about space and rules; we're heading to my condo. I've got four bedrooms and two sleeper sofas in the common area, and I already cleared it with security. The party will be a no-hassle. "

"Condos?" Mitch eyed him. "How many people are you inviting to this thing?"

Luke shrugged as he put his shades on. "As many as I can convince."

Jessie

An all-nighter? That would be swell. He hadn't pulled one of those in forever; maybe it would feel good, give him a break. And the thought of having a lot of people - it could be bad, it could be good. It all depended on the quality of the services - the food and drink, basically.

"I guess...I'll stay the night," he mumbled.

367 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:51 pm
Mizzle says...

Cassandra Trestice:

Cassandra Trestice may have been the queen of partying, but she had never pulled an all-nighter. She shrugged - she would decide later.

Turning to the group of boys, she smirked, and called out, "Shotgun!"

Cass slid into the passenger side seat, taking in the car. It was nothing special, really - well, Luke was probably proud of it. Cassandra was just used to bigger and better ways of transportation; like their family driver who drove them everywhere in the sleek black limo her mom had purchased.

A part of Cass wished she was with the former Queens of Brinfield.

She pushed the thought away.
✯ ✯ ✯

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:37 pm
SporkPunk says...

Becca

We sat around Macey's room, talking idly. We realized that not only did the three of us share an intense passion for skating, but there were many other things we had in common. Like chocolate. It seemed all four of us had some insane addiction to the substance, and when I mentioned the lead content, nobody cared. It tasted good; that's all that mattered.

"Jeez, Becca, since when are you a nerd?" Blayne asked, stretching out on the floor, looking up at Macey's ceiling.

"I have many talents," I replied in an impression of a TV announcer, wiggling my eyebrows for effect. I'd become a master at shaking off almost-digs.

Blayne laughed and shook her head dismissively, as if what I was doing was typical-Becca behavior. Which, in a way, it was.

Macey and Raelynn grinned, Macey toying with some sort of wrench-type thing. I had no idea what it could be. Raelynn tapped a rhythm on her thigh.

"Okay, so, Blayne. Since you're in tight with the coaches and trainers, tell us more about the finals," I prompted, beginning to feel a faint sense of drowsiness.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar