z

Young Writers Society

Paper Flowers

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 am
SisterItaly says...

Carina

I shuddered when I saw one of those guys were back, and instinctively closed my legs and wrapped my arms around them. I smiled at Jude. I looked down to Bethy, who was still fast asleep. She was still very cute when she was sleeping. Then looked back up to Jude.
"Our friend popped in for a visit." She said, nodding at the boy. I glanced at him.
"W-who are you?" I asked. He cleared his throat.
"I'm Lukas, you?" he asked, trying to seem strong.
"Carina, this is Bethy." I said, putting one hand on my little sister, protectively. He'd be going to hell if he thought he could lay a finger on her.

*sorry Writers block*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 am
SisterItaly says...

Carina

I shuddered when I saw one of those guys were back, and instinctively closed my legs and wrapped my arms around them. I smiled at Jude. I looked down to Bethy, who was still fast asleep. She was still very cute when she was sleeping. Then looked back up to Jude.
"Our friend popped in for a visit." She said, nodding at the boy. I glanced at him.
"W-who are you?" I asked. He cleared his throat.
"I'm Lukas, you?" he asked, trying to seem strong.
"Carina, this is Bethy." I said, putting one hand on my little sister, protectively. He'd be going to hell if he thought he could lay a finger on her.

*sorry Writers block*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:54 am
SisterItaly says...

ignore my last post... stupid laptop wont let me get rid of it

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:07 am
Chupatoasta says...

Lukas~

Lukas nodded to the both of them with a sweet, friendly smile. It's nice to meet you both. Lukas looked down at his bag, nervously. Luckily it was strong enough to hold a heavy man's brainless head. He stood up, and both girls recoiled, but he turned his back to them. Its not like he was old enough to scare them to begin. Hell, he was only fourteen! He opened the unbroken inn window, and stuck him arm out, a hawk landing on his sheathed arm heavily. Lukas handed the bird the strap, and his flapped its wings, taking off.

It's name was Bandit, due to the black stripe across his eyes, and he'd probably be back soon with Lukas' payment. Turning around, he noticed the youngest craning her neck to watch Bandit fly off. "His name's Bandit." Lukas smiled softly, trying to get them both to relax around him. "When he comes back, you can pet him if you want. He's sweet, really. He only bit me once, when I was eight. I had grabbed him by the wing. Needless to say, I almost lost a finger that day." Lukas smiled and put his hand out, pointing the the deep scar on his pinky finger.

"What was in that bag?" Jude asked, and Lukas shot her a glance that practically could kill.

"That's a secret. I had a job to do, in order to get my friend out of the trouble I was talking about. It's... a secret that only I know about. Not even Jurian knows, but I might tell both of you... if I ever get the two of you... together..." Jude seemed to turn scarlet. "In the same room that is." Lukas smirked, and turned sideways in his chair, grabbing his other bag. "You guys want some stuff?" He poured the bag out, mountains of jewelry falling from it. "I went on a late night streak earlier... and I'm sure Jurian won't know how much I stole exactly."
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:18 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jude

I glared him down. These girls were twelve and seven, for god's sake. Which wasn't much of an excuse coming from me, having been stealing since I was four. But still. I divvied up the mound, pushing some to the girls and I, and the other part to Luke.

"Still don't like you," I muttered just out of the girl's hearing range, thwacking his head subtly as I took a position next to the girls. They both looked scared to death, and therefore, I was about to rip the blasted boy's head off. And if he didn't stop dropping Jurian's name like it was a hot buttered stone, I was going to kick him out.

I didn't like hawks.

I shot a glance at him again, while he was trying to get the girls to stop looking petrified. Well, for Carina it was more like growling and looking like an angry wolf, but hey, same difference. I gripped my knife, still hidden under the cloak, and locked my jaw while keeping a smile on for the girls.

They were great, therefore, they got plates of food.

He was not, which is why I hurled a pear at his head, apologized, and told him to eat up.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:41 am
eldEr says...

ELIZEBETH

Elizebeth chewed absently at a slice of bread, not daring to remove her gaze from Lukas. Bandana jumped onto the plate and started to peck at another piece of bread. Neither of the girls bothered shooing him away. "He scares me," Bethy whispered to Carina, voice hardly audible.

"It's okay, Bethy. Jude won't let him hurt us," Carina whispered back, but Bethy couldn't be too sure.

Jude was nice, but Elizebeth was still wary of her. She was wary of everybody, so it shouldn't be surprising. The room had fallen silent and Bethy's attention shifted from the bread to the jewels. Was she really allowed to have some of those? Bethy had never owned anything of much value, except for Bandana...

She checked to see what Lukas was doing out of the corner of her eye, and satisifed that he was nowhere near her, she continued to stare longingly at the jewlery.

Bandana hopped from the plate and onto the pile, head cocking from side to side. Bethy held out her finger to the bird, who hopped on and twittered.

She looked up at Jude cautiously. "C-can... are those for--us?" she stammered quietly.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:57 am
phantom of the potter says...

Cale Ersaid

Cale picked himself up, glaring at Micayla. "Must this end violently?" he said sarcastically. "And here I was thinking that we had the beginnings of a friendship going on."

Micayla snorted. "Keep telling yourself that."

Cale shook his head at her. "You think I was toying with you," he said. "But I meant what I said: I do not want to fight you. Unfortunately, this now leaves us at an impasse. I will not back down; nor, I think, will you."

The two stared at each other for a moment. Cale watched Micayla's body language for any opening to attack. No doubt she was doing the same. After a long while, Cale sighed, and tossed his dagger toward Micayla.

"Does that prove something to you?" he asked her cooly, an eyebrow raised. Micayla swooped down to retrieve Cale's dagger in a flash. Cale settled himself down comfortably on a block of partially rotten wood.

"What are you doing?" snapped Micayla. Cale looked up at her, amused.

"Oh, I thought I would just sit here. Might stay the night. It's peaceful out here. Feel free to leave anytime you want."

Micayla narrowed her eyes. Cale laughed at her, then turned toward the sunset. "Of course," he reasoned. "I doubt you'll be able to find your way back to the castle. If I've done my job well."
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:57 am

Jude

I smiled. "Sure. Take whatever you want." Bethy ducked her head, taking a few pieces.

Lukas took a step forward. I didn't think, just reacted. I didn't remember doing anything- one second, I'm standing next to Bethy and Carina, the next, I'm kneeling over Lukas, my knife at his throat and one knee pinning him down.

"Don't. Try. Anything." I said slowly, voice venomous. He sucked in his breath, which I took as a yes. I pulled my knife away and pushed him back into the chair, taking my place on the desk again. Carina's jaw locked and she pulled Bethy closer. They obviously didn't trust me yet. Oh well, I wouldn't trust me after four hours either.

Bethy and Carina were picking through the pile of jewelry, stealing nervous glances at Luke now and again. I began pacing to pass the time. I could feel Lukas's eyes tracking me, and I shrugged it off. He was fourteen, at most. He didn't need to be mad at anyone.

Did anyone murder his family, one by one, while he was watching? Did anyone chase him for years, making sure he knew exactly what kind of scum he was? Did anyone waltz into his life when he finally had it sorted out and tried to take it apart?

Hmph. Guess who did.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

66 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:12 am
SisterItaly says...

Carina

I instinctively closed my legs together and pulled Bethy closer to me. I could tell Bethy really didn't care that the gems would be a hefty price, she just liked them because they were pretty, like her. I stroked her hair behind her ear, as bandana peaked at it on the other side. I giggled at the silly bird, then glared at Lukas. I trust no one but Bethy, and Jude, but not that much. Jude still scared me, but she saved me from Davis. So she was OK for now. Lukas, on the other hand, reminded me of my brother in some ways.

I shuddered at memories that floated through my mind. If Bethy knew what had really happened, that night, would she disown me? I rubbed her back absentmindedly. She wouldn't she was my little sister and I loved her. Lukas stood up, I quickly pulled Bethy to me.
"Touch her and I'll bite your finger off!" I blurted. He put his hands up defensivly, and took a step back.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:16 am
Chupatoasta says...

Lukas~

That girl has some SERIOUS problems, Jude he meant. Carina was just scared. Lukas growled under his breath, sat back down, and pulled a piece of saltwater taffy from his pockets. He would have offered the girls, all of them, some, but heck, Jude would probably behead him for tossing harmless candy into the candy. He was fourteen for Pete's sake!

Fourteen and killed over two hundred folk.

True.

He had blood caked on his hands for the passed four years. Lukas looked out the window for a moment, and Bandit flew in, landing on his shoulders. He dropped a heavy satchel of gold, largest Lukas had ever seen, into his lap. Lukas sighed and tucked the coins away, glaring over at Jude. He might as well just leave, really.

Lukas sneered at the thought.

Whatever.

She was just a girl, and he'd probably get away before she laid a scratch on him. Lukas glanced over and Carina and Bethy, his anger seeming to cool. Bandit situated himself on Lukas's left shoulder, plucking at a few unkempt feathers.
George Bernard Shaw

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 am
ScarlettFire says...

Jurian|Tavern Room:

Drake and Guy were asleep in the corner, snoring lightly while I sat at the window, staring out at the city. Where was Lukas? He always ran off on me at the most inappropriate times.

I sighed and stepped away from the window, starting to pace. No doubt the boy was causing trouble again. I shook my head and wandered over to the desk in the other corner. A nice jug of ale sat there, several glasses beside it. Grinning, I poured myself a drink and retreated to the window.

Smiling to myself, I sat down and looked back out the window. I'd barely been sitting for a minute before the door was kicked open and several soldiers walked in, waking up Guy and Drake. They stared as the guy who appeared to be the leader pointed at me.

"You," he said, stepping closer to me. I slowly put my drink down. "Why are you here?"

I frowned at them. "Whatever do you mean?" I asked. The guy chuckled.

"Oh, it's nothing really," he said. "Just talk of a certain little thief talking to you. You're not his boss are you?"

I hesitated, glancing towards Guy and Drake, who were now wide awake and watching the events with curious gazes. I hoped Lukas stayed the hell away for the moment.

"Err... I'm no thief. We're just passing through." I hoped that would work but the leader just snorted and shook his head.

"Nice try," he grunted and motioned for a couple of the other soldiers to close in. Uh oh, now I was in trouble.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

57 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:36 am

Jude

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I was still making sure Luke didn't pull anything, but the girls were falling asleep.

"Get back in the bed if you're tired," I yawned. Luke made a move to the bed, smirking, and I spat out a grumpy, "Not you, moron," before waving him back to the chair. I was too tired to get up and force him down. Fortunately for me, he sat down on his own, wearing a tight smile and a venomous stare. I sneered back and closed my eyes. If I had been twelve, I would've run a hand through my hair, but nowadays, that didn't have much of an effect. Wonder why.

I got up and wearily dragged the armchair far away from the bed, mumbling that he wasn't going anywhere near the girls. Soreness from today was starting to sink in, but it felt like it was soreness from the past week. Or month. Same difference. I wanted sleep, but an odd duty to the girls and my suspicion of Luke kept me up. It was weird, wanting to protect someone who actually needed it. I wasn't used to it. I glared at Luke's hawk.

Blasted bird was mocking me.

It blinked slowly, cocking its little feathery head. "What're you looking at, hawk?" I snapped, then mumbled something along the lines of "Oh boy, insanity's knocking."

Something like that.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

23 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 am
Chupatoasta says...

Micayla~

Micayla glared and looked down at the city below. Wait... was that Cael and Torin, and some of the other soldiers merely four blocks away? Filled with a newfound hope, Micayla kicked off her shoes, rather expesive ones where she came from, and picked them and the change purse up, recieving a look filled with humon from Cale. She was almost certain she could make it, with a little running and maybe some jumping, and she'd certainly do it.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" Cale smirked, and Micayla sneered at him, stepping back with her right barefoot.

"Getting away from you, you monster." She smirked, and threw herself off the top of the building, flipping in midair and landing gingerly on the balls of her feet. Cale looked down at her over the edge, and Micayla turned around swiftly, running down the street as fast as she could. She had to make it to the soldiers, absolutely had to.

Lukas~

Lukas chuckled to himself as Jude glared at Bandit.

Wow.

He stood up, and she practically shot from her position, glaring at him. He put one hand out, and motioned for her to quiet down. Just merely across the street, was the inn that Jurian and the others were staying at. A few unknown shadows moved within the room, and Lukas' breath caught in his throat. Those men were after him, he knew it! He knew he should had gone straight to Jurian. Bandit hopped down his arm, and Lukas groaned, rather loudly. Bethy and Carina were now wide away, staring at him with wide, terrorfied eyes.

"Fly in, and let Jurian know where I am, only tell him to tell the men the coordinates of my home. Luke tied his dagger to his arm. He'd have a fight before the night was over. Maybe Bandit would provide enough distraction for Lukas to get in there, and get rid of the men easily.
George Bernard Shaw

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:33 am
phantom of the potter says...

Cale

Micayla jumped off of the edge of the building.

Cale swore loudly, rushing up to the edge of the roof just in time to see her dart down the streets. Rolling his eyes, Cale swung himself down gingerly and was in quick pursuit of the girl. Cale wasn't worried. Micayla may have seen a possible path out, but the alleyways were confusing at ground level.

Cale let out a laugh as he rounded the corner, hearing Micayla pounding away just on the other side.

"Princess?" came a gruff, confused voice. Cale skidded to a halt in front of a pair of armed guards on horseback. Micayla stood between the first two horses, smirking back at Cale.

"Really, milady?" said Cale snidely, casting his gaze toward the soldiers. He could easily outwit them, if worst came to worst. "I would have thought you above such - "

Cale froze as he met one of the front guards face. Cale's mouth hung open slightly, as he stared searchingly into the eyes he hadn't seen for so many years. The guard paled, leaning backwards in his saddle.

"No..." whispered the guard, so softly that Cale would have missed the sound. If Cale hadn't been thinking the same thought.

"Arrest him," cried Micayla triumphantly.

Torin

Cale.

No. Torin wasn't supposed to find Cale. Cale was supposed to disappear, for both their sakes.

"Arrest him," cried the princess gloatingly. Torin searched Cale's face desperately. What had his brother done?

"On - " began Torin hoarsely. Torin cleared his throat. "On what charges?" The princess looked up at Torin indignantly.

"Attempted theft, attempted kidnapping, threatening my life - Shall I continue?"

"No need, your Highness," said Cael briskly, sliding off his saddle. Torin couldn't tear his eyes away from Cale, who was staring back up at Torin. Cael produced a bit of rope and bound Cale's wrists together. Cale jumped, as if from a trance, and glared at Cael for a moment. Then he turned to raise an eyebrow at the princess.

"I suppose you think you've won, now? Is that it?" he asked her teasingly. The princess only narrowed her eyes in response. Cale laughed at her.

"Quiet," yelled Torin forcefully. Cale froze, and turned to stare at Torin, shocked. Torin rubbed his face viciously before sliding off of his own saddle. He grabbed Cale from Cael.

"Keep your head down," Torin hissed to his brother. Cale glared up at him.

"You got some nerve," Cale spat back bitterly. Torin winced as if he had been shocked.

"We are taking you back to the castle, boy," he said loudly to Cale. Cale snorted, but he wouldn't break Torin's gaze. Torin felt the fierceness of Cale's anger burning holes in the back of Torin's skull. Torin blinked quickly, and tied Cale to the edge of his saddle. Mounting his horse, Torin gave out the order for the soldiers to move back for the castle. All the while Torin felt Cale's bitterness at his betrayal searing Torin from the inside.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

23 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:46 am
Chupatoasta says...

Micayla~

Micayla mounted one of the many horses as they rode back to the castle, riding beside Cale, whose horse was tied to Torin and Cael's both to prevent escape. Micayla looked over at him, eyes narrowing. "Desperate times call for desperate measures, my friend. If you needed money, I'd rather you ask for it, like a beggar than demand it like a barbarian." She smirked and galloped smoothly ahead. Unlike many women, Micayla didn't ride sidesaddle. Instead, she rode the horse as a man would. She hated being underestimated.

With a smile she raced to the bushes and snatched up her crown and dress. She pulled it over her head, fixed her hair out of its elegant bob, so it draped around her shoulders, and situated her crown. She slid her shoes on and slowly pulled her leg to the same side as her left one as she met Dante outside the castle, leaping from the saddle. She patted his cheek repeatedly, receiving a growl before she stood beside him, awaiting the guards return.

Cael~

Cael could stop staring between the thief and Torin. God they looked so... so similiar! It was almost scary! The thief looked back at Cael, and he glared, looking ahead again. Cael watched with mild interest as the princess did her normal routine. That was the princess of a barbarian kingdom for you. Cael brought his horse to a stop as Dante and Micayla's arguing reached his ears. They were too different to be betrothed, and their parents needed to realize it.

"Thief, you're being charged with attempted thievery, kidnapping, as well as threats to a high royal's life. Your trial is to be held tomorrow, unless someone of higher power that the elite guard's commanders, myself and Torin Ersaid, say otherwise." Cael sighed as he finished his speach and helped the thief off the high horse.
George Bernard Shaw

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
— Mark Twain