z

Young Writers Society

Magic The Gathering - Axys Adventures (Revamp-Now accepting)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun May 20, 2012 7:24 pm
Caesar says...

Right, ED, as we mentioned, your profile is not yet done, nor is his back-story. But cool, all in all.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun May 20, 2012 7:27 pm
Betheny says...

Name: Okami Vahdin, better known as the ‘Wolf Maiden’
Age: Physically she’s 21, but in reality her soul is much older
Race: Human
Appearance: (Image included at bottom) Okami is tall (5’9”), broad and pale; a perfect nomad. Despite appearing slender, she is actually quite lean and muscular as well as strong. Okami is fairly curvaceous with long, graceful limbs and long black hair that reaches to the backs of her legs. Generally, she wears long white kimono style robes which hang loose about her shoulders and drag slightly across the floor, with long billowing sleeves. Unlike most, Okami goes about bare footed.
Personality: She is very benevolent and loving towards others, however she has quite a temper from time to time where she can be the complete opposite. Usually though, Okami tries to avoid people because in a way she’s afraid of her powers and what would happen if she lost control. Her social skills are quite good though, if a little awkward at times because of her age, Okami is friendly and gets along with most people, especially those of green or blue alignment.
History: When Okami was a young girl, born and raised near Kessig on the plane of Innistrad, she was worshiped by a cult who believed that a female White magic wielder would one day save the realm from the increasing threat of Vampires and Werewolves. She was taken away from her parents when she was only three and was raised by the cult to be the Goddess they wanted, but eventually as she grew older she began to think for herself and realised that she didn’t want to wipe out entire races of people. Upon learning this, the cult decided to curse her meaning that her body would be preserved as it was so that her soul could be reincarnated and returned to her body every few hundred years.
In her first life time, Okami began to develop her power and to test the limits of it finding that she could almost control the flow of life. In all of her following lives, she never pushed any further in fear of what she could achieve if she did. In this time she earnt her nickname of the ‘Wolf Maiden’ because is said that armies of werewolves would follow her into battle and protect her from harm in thanks for refusing the destiny being forced upon her.
Colour: White
Particular skills: She can heal or wound, both physically and emotionally but she can’t take lives or save them for definite.
Other: Up for love: Yes, straight, but you’d have to make her feel that it’s okay that she’ll outlive you by forever.
Attachments
Untitled.png
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun May 20, 2012 8:04 pm
DragonGirl11 says...

Name: Tari Awanye

Appearance: She is short, well-built, and strong. She has with long, straight black hair to go with her dark eyes. Her dark skin is accented by rosey cheeks and bright lips.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Tari's lust for wealth and power is surpassed only by her love of nature. Being a Planeswalker for the past two years has caused her to be fiercely individualistic. Her anger is not easily sparked, and she highly values life.

History: She's originaly from the cold mountais called Keld from the plane Dominaria. She moved to Verdura around the age of sixteen, where she was trained as a Verduran Enchantress. A powerful encounter with the entity for which their order was named caused her spark to ingite, and she has never looked back.

Color: Green (She knows two or three white healing spells)

Particular skills: Tari is particularly good at controlling animals, as well as evergreen trees.

Other: She arrived in Axys clothed in white furs and hides. She carries a spear, a carving knife made of bone, and a tall, oval-shaped shield
Last edited by DragonGirl11 on Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun May 20, 2012 10:45 pm
EloquentDragon says...

Spoiler! :
Right, ED, as we mentioned, your profile is not yet done, nor is his back-story. But cool, all in all.
Yeah, I think it's pretty much done now

Hey everyone, awesome profiles! (I'm not taking Italian's place here, just giving you an info scoop.

As of now, we have almost everyone except one more person needed to fill a slot. Italian is working on that.

In the meantime, sorry for the confusing time we had over the titanpad. It's hard to coordinate when everyone's on.
Anyway, Italian will be working on a rough sketch thingey of a plot, and then I'm pretty sure we can start. Titanpad was meant for a feedback plotting party...so far it's had about four peoples on there. :|

Anyway, I'm excited for this to start---keep refinin' those profiles!

(BTW, Italian, I can delete this post later if needed and/or wanted)
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 am
Caesar says...

Right, right, ED. No, that's okay. Just... rough sketch of the plot? Isn't that my job? :wink: No, that's cool, but do show me. We, afterall, already discussed much of it. Payne even came up with some concept art. We rock, peoples. Keep up the great work. Though this should have gone in the DT.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 am
SirenCymbaline says...

I'm thinking of a blue mage, so let me know if a spot opens!
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon May 21, 2012 7:05 am
noninjaes says...

Join the dark side as a black planeswalker, Annie. We have cookies! :D
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

59 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2012 12:08 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

I'll see if I can come up with something, though I don't really think I'd be that good at playing a black. I mean...necromancy? medoicre stuff? I kinda feel icky just reading it. That's one bloody cookie.

For now, I think it's a no thank you. :)

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
noninjaes says...

You can have a tenency towards red. :)
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

59 Reviews

Tue May 22, 2012 4:17 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Yeah, guess so.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 22, 2012 5:04 am
Caesar says...

Um... I don't know... we'll have to work out the details in titanpad.
And also, please all non-topic discussions in the DT

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 pm
xXmusicaXx says...

In progress~

Name: Reese Stark

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Reese was a power-hungry, slightly crazed Green Mage before his accident - as he'd been corrupted by the power he had. Afterwards, however, he reverted to his old self - an instinctual guy who could be depended upon to keep his cool in most situations.He is bold and brave, preferring adventure and action to inaction. He has an engaging smile and a winning personality - which makes it easy for peopl to trust him, and for him to trick them. Once upon a time, he'd have done anything for power. A bit of that still lies dormant in him.

History:
Reese was one of the strongest Green PW in the land. However, now he isn't. The reason for this lies in his most recent (mis)adventure. He attempted (extremely unwisely,) to ride a Wurm. This Wurm wasn't even a new born, it had been around for quite a while. Like, a hundred years kind of while. When asked why, he was going to ride it, he replied that he wanted to subjugate it and keep it as a pet.
Needless to say, he failed utterly, gaining a concussion and losing all past memories in the bargain, including any and all spells he knew, and how to invoke them. He couldn't even summon a fly if he wished to, now.

Color: Plain, boring Green.

Particular skills: He's just starting out again, so the only thing he has are healing powers and control over animals and plants.

Other: His pet Jaguar, Witherspoon, made it into Axys with him. It's nickname is Witty.
Last edited by xXmusicaXx on Sat May 26, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu May 24, 2012 3:46 pm
guineapiggirl says...

Thanks for inviting me- sorry I'm so slow to respond.
And dongle dongle dongle, how I wanted a blue.
Sooo... I think that black spot's still going.
RESERVED RESERVED RESERVED RESERVED RESERVED!
Now, I will think about my character and post by tomorrow latest (probs earlier)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 24, 2012 7:08 pm
Caesar says...

Hmm... you can have one if Annie doesn't make up her mind.
Otherwise, a blue mage it is

59 Reviews

Fri May 25, 2012 8:07 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I have dropped out of the SB. You may take my place and make a new character, or use the one I created. I leave it to you.

Name- Jacob Albeit

Age- I haven't permanently decided, but for now, let's say 24

Gender- Male

Race- Human

Appearance- I don't have a picture available. Average height. He has fine light blond hair in a short ponytail, and a goatee. His eyes are tired, yet on alert, accompanied by wrinkles that suggest stress. I haven't decided on the colour yet.

Personality- He's a guy that just wants to survive and keep out of other people's fights. He often seems absent, distracted by something unseen. Somewhat gullible, but I doubt he'd fall for the same trick twice.
He's a 'Wild Card.'
-this is yet to be finished.

History- I'm working out the details, but so far-
Spoiler! :
Jacob got a job with mercenaries ('cos he needed a job). He was in this gang for half a year. He never minded dirty work, even the odd murder, but on a particularly dark mission, when it came to the lives of innocents, he hesitated. His hesitation cost the mission, and the life of the gang's leader, Orlando. Restless and mad with ambition, Orlando now haunts and sometimes attempts to possess Jacob, obsessed with making him bring him back to life. Which means Jacob has to almost constantly put up with a freak in his head that keeps rambling about disturbing things. That's why he doesn't always look at people when they're talking to him, because he's being distracted.
-And that's all he can remember.
PS, everything in the history part happened BEFORE he magically ended up in Axys.

Color- Black

Particular skills- Can merge into shadows and become invulnerable. However this ability needs recharging from time to time, and the user can wear out from extensive use. -This could use some work.

Other- He doesn't always look at people when they're talking to him, up to the point that it's almost creepy. Also, he has a tendency for loquacious dialogue.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:41 am, edited 11 times in total.

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck…you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
— Cecil Gershwin Palmer