z

Young Writers Society

The second star to the right...

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:45 pm
SisterItaly says...

BRITNEY

I heard movement in the bushes, but i didn't see anyone. I did see the light whizz by again. I went in the opposite direction of it. I saw some short people, then one turned around and i saw his face. He was only a kid! My heart began to race. After all this time have i actually found them? I laid low in the bushes, watching them. I didn't know which one of them was pan. Then the tallest turned around. The red-headed boy. He had very childish features. I shifted my weight, and the bush rustled. I closed my eyes, hoping they didn't hear.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Adam~

Adam smiled softly at Millie and then pulled himself out of the water. "You know, one day you'll have to trade those fins for legs, so we can hang out more often." He cupped Millie chin in one hand, and gave her a joking peck on the cheek. "Hook's giving Peter trouble again, but that kid'll be fine, and my cousin Shinra wants my help with something, so I have to be at the Medicine Woman's cottage in two point two.

Millie was still blushing. Adam laughed loudly, and grinned. "Just tell me when you wanna be on two legs for a day, and I'll get you a potion without a sweat. Alakazam!" He winked and turned on his heel, running towards the forest. "Bye Mills!" He shouted and, as he ran, his body rippled into the shape of a wolf, and he continued to run towards the Medicine cottage.

Shinra~

Shinra swept her arm across the counter, anger flooding her every fiber. What happened to staying calm, huh?! Ha-ha! It's impossible with all these dumb demands from people who aren't even sick! I'm a medicine woman, not a miracle worker! She thought vengefully. Neverland was become more demanding, and less impatient. She thought of all the children and the kindhearted, and slowly calmed down. A small, bright fairy flew into the room, his blonde hair brighter in the light.

'I'm here for the delivery you wanted me to give Peter!' He twinkled, bells chiming in the air.

Shinra nodded with a smile, calming down considerably, and grabbed a small vial with a glowing gold substance. "Tell Tink, to tell Peter to give it to the sick boy before midnight, and his cough should be gone." Terrance, the fairy, nodded and gently took the vial, shooting out. One of the lost boys had had a small cough at his last visit, nothing serious, but Shinra wanted to capture it before it got worse.

"You're late!" She yowled two seconds later when her cousin came barreling into the door. Adam glowered angrily.

"I know, I know! Now what is it you wanted me to deliver?" Shinra smirked.

"Well," she crooned, drawing out her words, "this needs to go to Smee, on the Jolly Roger."

Adam blanched. "Wh-what?! The Jolly Rodger?!"

"Calm down!" The medicine woman yowled. "I'm coming with you! I just need... some assisstance." She smirked at him, and with a groan, Adam transformed into a large wolf. Protection. That's all Shinra wanted was protection from the pirates. She was just as scared of them as anyone was!
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:14 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Tiger Lily:

My hardened feet pounded the ground as I ran for where I spotted Peter and the Lost Boys. When I came in range I climbed up a tree so I could surprise him. I thought I spotted someone but they quickly moved out of the way. Must have been an animal.

I jumped from the tree and when I came to the ground I dragged Peter down with me "Peter!" I shouted. Then in a quieter voice I said "What are we doing today?"

His eyes glittered happily and I knew it could only mean one thing.

Crest:

The cool water slid down my skin and scales as I darted through the water. When I came up with wide eyes I spotted some of the mermaids and Adam running away in wolf form. Gliding over I flipped onto my back with my arms behind my head and said "Hello merladies. How are we this fine fine morning?"
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm
Fox says...

Savine

I left Nerissa to whatever it is she wanted to do and went back to my favorite spot on the rocks. Crest had just swam by.

"Hello merladies. How are we this fine fine morning?" he asked. I giggled. He was so cute, and very smooth.

"I'm good. What about you?" I asked him in return.

"Things are going great. It's a wonderful day, the water is nice and cool, and there's no sign of those blasted pirates anywhere!"

I frowned. "I wish I could say the same. I saw Hook earlier. He's out looking for Peter again."

Crest laughed. "When is that old coot gonna learn that he's not going to catch that boy."

I laughed along. "You know how pirates are."
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:13 pm
SisterItaly says...

BRITNEY

When i saw one of the native girls i ran. I knew they absolutely hated pirates, so did peter, so what i was wearing wouldn't help. I hadn't been paying attention to where i was running, so i stumbled upon the mermaid lake. I gasped as i fell out of the bushes. I could swear i heard the other pirates approaching. I looked over, growing worried.
"Great, I'm so busted!" A merman looked over at me, utterly confused.
"busted?" I sighed and looked at him, considering running as i spoke.
"I'm not supposed to come off the jolly roger cause I'm not a good pirate. I'm too nice."
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:56 pm
Fox says...

Savine

"I'm not supposed to come off the jolly roger cause I'm not a good pirate. I'm too nice." The girl said. Crest and I exchanged looks, then smiled at her.

"A nice pirate?" I asked. She nodded.

"That's...interesting." Crest said. The girl looked confused.

"We were just talking about how we hate pirates, but I didn't know that Hook had nice ones. Are there any others?" I said.

"We'll, there's Mr. Smee, but Hook's always around him. Why do you want to know?"

"It's just good to know the things going on around this place, especially when you find out there are nice pirates." I said with a sigh.

"Well, I have to go. If Hook catches me, it'll be right off the plank!" She said, then frowned. "I really don't want to go back to the stupid ship.

"Hook won't find you, trust me. He knows we hate him. Plus, that blasted alligator could be anywhere around here. He won't get near the water. You're safe here." I said. The girl smiled, and sat down. We talked for a very long time.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:17 pm
SisterItaly says...

BRITNEY

I talked with the merpeople for a while. They were right, hook wouldn't come around here.
"So why did you sneak off in the first place?" One of them asked, i realised i never bothered to ask them their names.
"I sneak off all the time, i like to hunt for peter pan to, but not for the same reason." I said, putting my hands out in defense.
"Then why?" She said, crossing her arms and leaning against dry land.
"Because my uncle smee had always told me stories about him, i want to meet him in person. Maybe even become the first ever lost girl." I said, leaning back and sighing. They all started snickering. "What's so funny." The one guys sighed and looked away.
"Nothing, nothing."

The Book.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 pm
Fox says...

Savine

"Nothing, nothing." Crest said teasingly. I hit him in the arm, but couldn't help but smile myself.

"We know Peter, and I don't think there's going to be a Lost Girl for a very long time. It's hard to explain, but I guess it's possible."

"You know Peter?!" The girl asked. I had forgotten to ask for her name, and I realized I hadn't told her mine.

"Yes." I said, very plainly.

"Can I meet him?"

"Nope!" At that, I dove into the water. After a few seconds, I popped my head up again.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Brittany."

"Oh," I said, memorizing that. After a while, I added, "mine's Savine." Again, I went underwater.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:03 pm
SisterItaly says...

BRITNEY

When you think you meet someone nice... I sighed calling out to her.
"Watch me! I'm going to meet peter pan! Maybe i won't become a lost girl but i WILL meet him!" I stood up and stormed off. Back into the trees, i thought about going back to the row boats and sneaking back onto the ship. Uncle Smee would be upset if he got back and i wasn't there. But decided against it. I really didn't want to go back to the ship.

I wandered into the woods. Not really caring where i was going, I'd show them! I'd show them all! I would be the first pirate to find peter pan! I had been wandering for a while now. I tripped and stumbled over a short person. I looked up from my spot on the ground. I gasped at what i saw.
"Are you a lost boy?" He glared at me.
"Why do you want to know pirate?" I smiled again.
"Just curious." I giggled. I knew today was the day. I could hear other pirates coming. At the same time we both whispered.
"Busted!" I looked up at him, he looked confused.
"What? I'm busted, not you." I shook my head.
"I'm an embarrassment and I'm supposed to stay on the jolly roger cause I'm supposedly to nice to be a pirate." I rolled my eyes.

The Book.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:48 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Crest:

After Britney left I dove in after Savine. Once I got close enough I wrapped my arms around her stomach and pulled her close to me "You are one crazy girl Savine. But of course, that's why I hang out with you."
Live, Love, Laugh

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:48 pm
Fox says...

Savine

I listened from beneath the water until Brittany left. I really did hope that she found Peter, but I made a promise to him not to tell anyone where he stayed.

Crest came up and grabbed me, breaking me away from my thoughts. "You are one crazy girl Savine. But of course, that's why I hang out with you."

I giggled, then broke away from Crest. "Thank you very much," I said, taking a bow. He chuckled, then we continued to swim around.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:26 am
Kaywiia says...

Millie

"Bye Mills!" Adam yells. I smile as he runs into the woods.

Tomorrow, I promise myself, I will drink that potion.

But the truth was, I was scared. I had heard all sorts of awful tales about humans, and I didn't want to be one. Adams words rang in my head. 'Just tell me when you want to be on two legs for a day...'

But he had made it through the day, every day, he came back fine. I knew I would have to stop being a coward, face my fears, and walk on two legs.

But, like a humans first time swimming, I didn't have the faintest idea how to walk. Not a clue. I flop my tail on a rock in defeat. He would waste a whole day teaching me how to take two steps.

I sigh, and sink into the depths. Tomorrow, I would be human.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 am
RayneChild says...

**If we could get Peter to post, that would be...awesome xD I think a few people are waiting on him...

Aria

It certainly took long enough, but Hook finally gave me the go-ahead to start the search. Not much of a "search" for me. I saw a yellow light, like a firefly, flicker in the bushes. Tink. I smiled when I realized that she had found us and was going to tell Peter that we were coming. Perfect. Then this would be fun.

I walked through some of the trees and tried to keep quiet, but the other pirates simply would not have it. Lucas and Reddy continuously jumped ahead of me, trying to stir up trouble and eliminate the noiseless environment. I rolled my brown eyes and narrowed them as I continued to watch the boys. So much for "leading" the expedition.

My red lips parted sweetly. "You two look as though you know exactly where you're going," I said, putting on an innocent facade.

They both stopped and turned around. "You say that as though you do," Reddy replied.

I laughed. "I know this island better than you do, and that's something you do know."

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Too bad you don't know where Peter Pan actually is!"

My smile disappeared. "You're telling me that you do?"

He shrugged. "Nah. But it's a small island; how many places could he possibly be?" He jumped up to me and put his face right up to mine. I heard Reddy laugh from somewhere behind him.

I placed my hand on his face and pushed it away, wanting so badly to dig my nails into it. Somehow, I refrained. Silly boys. The entire crew was absolutely convinced that no one knew where Peter was hiding. Ha.

As we continued through the trees, I came across something that I really was not expecting to see. Britney was collapsed on the ground, looking up at one of Peter's lost boys. I raised an eyebrow and my jaw fell slightly. The crew was still a ways behind, so they were still unaware. The boy looked up and Britney turned around, horrified. I placed my hands on my hips and my face softened a little.

"Well, I must say, you are the last person I would expect to go against Hook's orders and sneak away. Sounds more like something I would do..." My voice trailed away as I fell deep into thought. My eyes wandered to the treetops. I managed to snap myself back out of it and I looked back down at the girl. She was still terrified.

"What are you doing out here anyway?" I asked, suddenly curious.

"I-I don't like waiting on the ship...I wanted to find Peter... To be the first pirate to find Peter Pan!" She was stumbling over her words like a newborn ram over a rocky mountain.

A mischievous smile crawled onto my face. "You think you'll be the first, do you?" I asked cryptically. She looked at me, suddenly puzzled. "Well, apparently, there's a lot about me that no one knows."

My firmness suddenly returned to me. "Now, I've put in a good word for you with Hook, and I've stood up for you on a couple of occasions," I continued, walking towards her, "but I won't keep it up much longer." I shot her a stern look and stopped walking once I had reached her. I loomed over her and she fell into the darkness of my shadow. "You're off the hook this time...no pun intended... So you better either head back to the ship or run off into those trees. I lead them off." She stood quickly and I saw how pale her face had become. "But the next time, I'm leading them straight to you."

With a final look of disappointment, and a quick glance at the boy, I walked back towards the rest of the crew and led them in the opposite direction of the girl, leaving her standing there, a bit surprised, a bit relieved, but stricken absolutely scared.

---

Yay for boy pirates! :3
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 am
Fox says...

Savine

Millie sat there on the rocks in deep though.

"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout?" I asked all nosily.

She chuckled. "Nothing."

"Look, I know there's something so don't try to get out of telling me just by saying that."

"It's...complicated."

"Well, you have all the time in the world to explain it." I said.

She sighed, "I guess you're right," she said.

"I always am." I said a little sarcastically.

"It just that...well..."

"C'mon, I won't laugh or anything."

"I want to walk!" Millie said. My mouth hung open for a second. I didn't really know what to say.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

66 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:39 am
SisterItaly says...

BRITNEY

I stood up.
"This is great." I mumbled to myself. I looked down at the boy. "I guess we should say good bye, i got to get out of here before hook finds me. He'll start ranting about me being to nice, and that if i found peter all i would do is give him a hug." rolled my eyes.
"What would you do?" He asked, actually sounding interested.
"I-I never really thought that far... i definitely wouldn't hurt him. I don't hurt people, on purpose." Before he could reply i heard them coming, i mouthed 'GO!' At him and took off running in the other direction. If the crew wasn't done looking for peter, then neither was i.

The Book.

Nobody wants to see the village of the happy people.
— Lew Hunter