z

Young Writers Society

Nate's Dead?! (A Storybook not to scare anyone)

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:45 pm
irishfire says...

Irish

Irish looked at Elinor and nodded, gasping for breath. "This place is going crazy without Nate!"

Elinor nodded and clicked "Submit" before turning back to her. "We need to do something," she said. Irish nodded.

"We should probably fix the whole teleportation problem first..." She nodded. "Yeah."
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Muff

I was walking with Howler and all of his character when all of a sudden I felt a huge earthquake or...netquake. I didn't know what was happening, everything was going crazy, I saw the blogs fall apart and the Lounge tremble, it was all terrible and suddenly, I wasn't in Fantasy Fiction anymore.

I felt I landed on something or rather someone.

"Ouch" The someone said.

"I'm sorry" I said as I was getting up and when I saw, it was Irish. Well, at least I got to talk to her.

"Muff!!" She greeted.

"Irish" I exclaimed, looking past her, I saw Elinor looking down the edge of a run on sentence. But there was someone missing, Howler.

"Where's..." I started but I found him laying under a pig pile of commas and semicolons. "Oh there you are"
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:52 pm
Elinor says...

Elinor

She laughed.

"Where do you want to work?" Elinor asked softly. "I've had enough trouble today in the literary forums. Would you like to hang out at my profile? You look like you're a wreck-you deserve some rest."

Irish nodded. "Maybe tomorrow we can set out again and see who is interested in joining us."

Elinor smiled again, and the two set off, but Elinor stopped coldly, thinking of something. "Actually, let's hang out at your profile. We have to pass through randomness, and that's where I've heard the killer retreated after he murdered our king."

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:10 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Lauren

The storybook section didn't prove to be helpful, so Lauren set off to try to find anyone who knew what was really going on. Nate couldn't be...dead. Not really. It had to be some kind of a trick.

Lauren ran out of the storybooks, hoping to end up in Scripts, but emerged into a land she had only entered once or twice. It was Randomness. The walls suddenly changed into waterfalls, then to outerspace, then to the jungle. Words were flying everywhere and somewhere a monkey screeched.

"B-B-Bartemius?" Lauren called hopefully.

The monkey shrieked in reply. It surely wasn't the happy words of wisdom Bartemius always gave back at Old YWS. The shrieking got louder, and the trees rustled. Lauren screamed and ran out of Randomness, arms flailing.

Outside, she ran into Elinor and Irish. "Thank goodness I found you!" she shouted, hugging htem tightly. "Don't go in there." She pointed back toward Randomness.

"You look terrible," Irish said.

Lauren nodded. "There are crazy monkey's back there. They were going to eat me!"

Elinor pat Lauren on the back. "Calm down, we're going to Irish's profile until we can try to find other members."

"Okay," Lauren said, following them toward Irish's profile, only looking back at Randomness once. She could have sworn there was a menacing pair of eyes looking through the trees at her.
Got YWS?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:13 pm
skl02134 says...

Everything was in mass confusion, so I never actually made it to the Community section. Instead, I got stuck in storybooks. A few were collapsing- That was odd in and among itself. I saw a few confused n00bs scrambling around, not getting the significance of what was happening.

One girl came up to me. "Why is everyone in such a panic!"

"Nate, the webmaster is dead," I said, gravely.

"Who killed him?"

I bit my lip. "From what I read in the blogs section, no one knows. But surely a few of us will band together to find out. Everything will be figured out- don't worry."

"Alright," she said, not completely reassured. I couldn't blame her- I wasn't exactly feeling great about this, either, but I had to put on an optimistic front.

Now I just need to find some other people... Maybe get a mod to post a notice, send a mass PM... anything. That way we can all get together in one place and figure out what to do next...
The key to every locked heart is commonly found hiding within little insecurities.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:24 pm
Rydia says...

Heather

"Is it as bad as it seems?" Nutty asked in a worried tone. We were making our way to the edge of the storybooks section and as we walked, I paused occasionally to set some small detail right. I wasn't sure why I felt the need to do it. Nate was dead and here I was editing the bad language out of storybook. Somehow it was the only thing that was keeping me sane.

"It's worse," I said. "Next thing you know people will start giving up. There's no longer any reason to follow the rules, who's going to keep them in check?"

"What about the moderators?" Nutty asked.

"Too few of them."

"Of them?"

"Would a moderator be allowed to kill someone? That's what I'm going to do when I find-" I paused. I shook my head and carried on walking. What was I saying. Was I resigning? After all this hard work and when YWS needed me the most? "I'm going to kill them."

"I'm with you there," Nutty said. "How do we find out who it was."

"I suppose we'll have to start by asking questions. Hey you, you there! Did you kill Nate?"
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:29 pm
irishfire says...

Irish

Irish led Elinor, Pudin, and Lauren to her profile. She sighed and sat down near her portoflio, stroking the scripts and stories gently.

"So what are we going to do? We can't just let YWS fall apart like this! It means too much to all of us!"

Elinor nodded, sitting down, her back against Irish's profile picutre. "We should find out who did this. Make him pay, and then deal with YWS."

Pudin nodded. "I'm sure if we all pull together we'll get at least a little bit of how Nate had it."

Irish nodded. "But no where near close enough."
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 pm
Howler says...

Howler

I stopped the parade before entering Irish's profile. They already started discussing things without me. I was too focused on the parade, and I didn't think I could be much longer, considering the many injuries.

"Attention, characters", I said to them all aloud,
"There appears to be some troubles profound.
If I could bring you along, I truly would,
But it doesn't look safe, so stay in the woods"

I pointed towards some woods in the opposite direction of Irish's profile.

"Whoever's the greatest fighter of you lot
come forward to me, and you may take the spot
that I had with me, as your sword and shield.
Who will come up, and fight for me through the fields?"

A knight in bright, silver armor walked up. I pulled out my fire-sword and handed it to him. I patted him on the back, and he led the parade away. I gave a little bow to the other writers, then to the parade. I came up with those rhyme's on the spot, I was impressed with myself. The others didn't seem to be as impressed.

"What'd I miss?", I asked them, with a little skip in my step walking towards them. That skip gave me my usual worry; the slim bit of masculinity was fading through my writing. Every writing group I ever meet has more girls than boys in every seat. Nobody knows that little worry of mine, but someday they might, and that'll be a sad time.

Everything in this is true; I made the rhymes up on the spot, I'm proud of myself for it, and I worry about my masculinity fading whenever I'm with my writing groups, including on here. I know I'm not the only male writer, I know there's plenty others, but there's not as many boys as girls in the young writer's world. Just sayin'...
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 pm
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Aspiring went over to the Randomness forum and sat down. The screams of anarchy thundered around him. He felt sorry for Nate. How many times had Nate gotten into him? Twice or was it thrice? He had never meant anything ill. Never, ever, ever.

Users rocketed by him repeating, "Nate is dead!" Initially upon entering the Young Writers Society he could have sworn they were chanting, "Hate is dead!" That would have been wonderful news. But that was far from the case.

*Howler, how 'write' you are :smt042 *
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:04 am
foxfire says...

Firefox

what that girl had said about the great fiction lies behind these walls to the narrative section. I had too many storybooks to fills. It's time for something new.

With the whole YWS in chaos, there are no moderators or anything that can stop me. I exhaled deeply and through my back, i let out more than 2oo wires or tubes with hands and heads dangling at the sides. I placed everyone to the walls. As well, i increased dramatically the wings in order to shield me and on its surface were the heads of puppets that are ready to strike to any trepasser.

This may cost a lot of energy but it will all pay once this wall along with the whole narrative forum within my body. i placed the wires against the walls and my shield stretched for almost a mile around me. I will be safe. No one had ever gotten through this shield.
I grinned and with a the stomping of my foot, i began the process of absorbing. The walls vibrated against the first strike but it did not last long before they crumbled and from the holes, came the first stories. Action, fantasy, romantic, historical...they are slowly going to my body. nothing can stop me now!
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

182 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:43 am

Aspiring looked up and saw an anime character cackling like a mad man. "I shall rule the YWS!" it shrieked.

Aspiring shook his head. How the death had turned the place upside down. He cringed when BigBadBear ran into him from the side, sending the anime character flying. It landed with a thud all the way in the lounge.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:46 am
ToritheMonster says...

*Dreamy*

As I wandered the forums, I saw the same monster.. Firefow, was it? Sucking out more stories. I couldn't let that happen! Grabbing my sharpie, I ran up and write on his wings the word "the end". Slowly, the wires crumbled to dust, leaving a rather dazed and confused thing covered with puppets behind. "Noooo!" It cried.
"Ha! NO longer will you destroy the works of others! Even if they are really bad!" I cried."You will forever wander YWS as a deformed puppet-monster!"
The monster looked angry, but there was very little it could do."You could, however, join me in saving YWS..." I suggested.

(Fox, if you don't want that to happen, just shout "NEVER!" then disappear. And if I messed up your plot, just regain power slowly, k?)
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:06 am
lizzifer says...

Lizz~~

I was a bit bored, the world seemed awfully quiet where I was. Every story book had a background but no characters, and everyone that I saw quickly ran off without a word. Confused and even more in a state of boredom, I began to skip over and sang to myself the ghost busters song.

"Who you gonna call?" I voiced loud and proud.

A silence ensued.

"Ghost busters! If there is something strange in yo neighborhood, who you gonna call?"

My cheery demenour was over shadowed as I simply approached the Narrative forums, something was cold. It wasn't like the chill of a thriller but the touch of pure evil.

"NEVER!" A sudden voice shouted.

"But everyone needs you! What about the characters?" A nicer voice sounded.

I rushed in their general directions, Foxfire was on the ground while Dreamy stood over him.

"What in the lord's name is going on up in here?" I asked, my southern voicing up, I pushed it back down quickly.
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

182 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:43 am

Aspiring cupped his hands over his ears. The roars of the YWS members had escalated to an unbearable decibel level. Even with the chaos slightly muffled, it still rattled his ear drums.

*Decided to switch to first person*

I gasped when I realized that the anime character on the ground was foxfire. The poor guy... it was such a brutal impact, for BigBadBear had been running so fast on the moment of impact. Is Foxfire even still alive? I sighed with relief when his chest began to heave.

*Yeah, I'm awful at writing in the first person perspective*

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 am
foxfire says...

don't worry...i'll make the fight interesting
just wondering...how many of you are fighting me...if you are fighting me?
*sorry, i i can't name your character. A bit confuse on who's who...

How did they destroyed the shield? heh, at least some people here are worth having fun. I stood up from the ground and saw a few people standing me. Slolwy, my fixed myself. All the body parts i gathered to form my original self.

"Guess, not everything here is as weak as those storybook..." i grinned. "How about a little fight? If you survive for more ten minutes, i'll let you go."

then i exhaled myself and the doll face on my chest expanded to a torso. Hmph, i could destroy them at this instance but what will be fun if no one else is there to make a match? Instead, i let the doll part out of my body and like a rocket, i fire it towards them.

Halfway through, the doll exploded creating a great red and purple fire around them before another separate attack was launched at the archives. There goes my dinner.. Through the confusuion, i slipped away...
Last edited by foxfire on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl