z

Young Writers Society

No Redemption

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Princess Shadow~

I couldn't believe he had just done that! In all of my life the only time Garrett had punched a man in front of me was when he was drunk, and even then, he hadn't punched him that hard.

"Garrett!" I yelled, jumping up and going to Marroe, who was hunched over. One hand went to his back, and the other was turning his head so I could see how much damage Garrett had done. His lip was busted, and his nose was bleeding. I felt the tears weld as I looked up at my brother, a look that seemed to ask "Why?" for me. He could tell he had hurt me just as much as he hurt Marroe, that was clear in his eyes, but he was still angry as Naela tried to keep him back. Maybe Garrett didn' get it. I loved Marroe, and if he didn't see that he loved me just as much, maybe he should open his eyes. Yes, I was 16 and carrying, but that didn't matter. As long as Marroe was there to help me each step at a time, and he would pick me up when I fell, I didn't care if I would grow ten times my size, it didn't bother me that it would hurt more than it did now.

I stared at Garrett, wanting to slap him for hurting my love.

"What were you thinking?" I asked voice a whisper that trembled as I stood up, still next to Marroe. I dared my brother to come hit him again. I dared him to try to hurt him again. I dared him to hit me. If he knew better--hell, if he knew me--and if he wanted to keep his arm, he wouldn't even come close to us again. "Are you crazy?" I asked, voice rising with anger, but still saking with my greif. "Answer me!" I yelled at him, coming closer. Naela looked at me with a look that told me to back away. "What the hell got into you, Garrett?! Are you just asking to die? At my hand, not his." I said, pointing at Marroe. I was going hysterical, I relised as a smile spread across my face ad tears pured over again.

I went back to Marroe, wrapping my arms around him and ignoring my stomach. I could only hope Garrett felt guilty--that would be the best thing for him now. Or, even better, if he left. I could never wish my brother dead--even after this--but leaving would be another story.

I closed my eyes, still holding Marroe and crying. "Why?" was the only thing I could ask--both to myself and to Garrett, who had been quiet, glaring at me--us. Why? I asked myself again. Why had I fallen in love? Why had I been foolish? Why had I been the one to insist? Why didn't I just hit Garrett when I had the chance? Why hadn't I ran away in the forest when I first say Marroe? I couldn't regret the last one, because I would never have been this happy in my life without him. But all I could wonder was why?

>Sorry it's so long<
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:56 am
Chupatoasta says...

*Sakin! The plan was for them to fight! hahaha(: *

Garrett sat there fuming. Why should he care if Shadow hated him after this? After he rescued their parents, her parents, he was leaving, and if anyone wanted to come, they were more that welcome to. The healer suddenly appeared, and after talking to Raven for a second, grabbed up Shadow without listening to her protests and let her rest in the back of one of the wagons, insisting that she had to calm down for the "baby's sake". The second she was out of site, however, Garrett turned back to a standing Marroe. "Prove to me." Marroe looked up swiftly, blood caked on his upper and lower lip. "Prove to me that you're man enough to take care of her!" And with that, Garrett lunged again. At this point, he didn't care how a prince was supposed to act.

Grey began to howl excitedly, happy to finally see his owner fighting again.

Marroe wrapped an arm around Garrett's throat, flipping him over and into the dirt. Garrett scrambled to his feet and grabbed both of Marroe's shoulders, kneeing him in the stomach. Marroe kneeled over Garrett's knee for a moment before grabbing it and twisting it, causing Garrett to fall over once more. Garrett let out a shout of anger, drawing even more attention before he yanked Marroe down on the ground next to him, the two now rolling and letting their punched fly.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:16 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Raven
"What's going on?" The healer asked me. I looked at her "Just get Shadow out of here I'll explain it all later." I said my voice barely above a whisper. She hesitated then nodded and grabbed Shadow and headed to a carriage. I turned back to the fight ready to stop it lest it got to violent and they're lives were in danger. I turned to Naela and her face was a mask of horror. I walked up to her and put a comforting arm around her shoulders. She looked at me and I saw her eyes were bright with tears. "What if they kill each other?"She asked shaking. "They won't." I said convincingly then I added inside my head 'I hope.' but luckily she couldn't hear that and she relaxed slightly her eyes turning to the scuffling boys. I squeezed her shoulder and my gaze followed hers my mind racing for ways to stop the fight just in case.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Raven
"What's going on?" The healer asked me. I looked at her "Just get Shadow out of here I'll explain it all later." I said my voice barely above a whisper. She hesitated then nodded and grabbed Shadow and headed to a carriage. I turned back to the fight ready to stop it lest it got to violent and they're lives were in danger. I turned to Naela and her face was a mask of horror. I walked up to her and put a comforting arm around her shoulders. She looked at me and I saw her eyes were bright with tears. "What if they kill each other?"She asked shaking. "They won't." I said convincingly then I added inside my head 'I hope.' but luckily she couldn't hear that and she relaxed slightly her eyes turning to the scuffling boys. I squeezed her shoulder and my gaze followed hers my mind racing for ways to stop the fight just in case.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:47 pm
eldEr says...

Marroe

There was blood. Everywhere. As if I wasn't covered in enough of the guards' blood as it was, now I had Garrett's and my own added to everything. Why couldn't he just realize that I loved his sister? I wasn't going to leave her alone to do this, not intentionally. It all depended on if the man killed me first.

Garrett's knee met my stomach as my fist met his cheek. Both of us grunted, but I was the one gasping for breath. For the love of God, I was sitting here beating up a prince, because I loved a princess. One of those things I had never pictured myself doing. Ever.

And yet, here I was. I rolled, shoving Garrett off of me before changing directions and springing to my feet, dodging a few punches aimed at my face.

"Listen to me!" I hollared, resisting the urge to start beating on him again. Of course, Garrett didn't listen. He didn't seem to want to.

I glanced at the carriage, praying that Shadow wasn't going into absolute hysterics. The full realization of what was going on was finally sinking in, and with that came a major distraction. I felt like I had frozen, panicking. She was pregnant...with a criminal's child. Garrett was more concerned of what I had done to her, but the rest of the kingdom would be looking at shame. Disgrace on the royal family, on our baby. That and I was more than likely going to be hanged for this.

A kick to the stomach sent me reeling backwards and brought me back to the present. I gave up on the whole attempting to get Garrett to listen thing and lunged.

Shanaela Marz

My jaw twitched. The tears that had been brimming my eyes were now streaming down my cheeks, and I wiped them away angrily. I was sitting here crying...I should be doing something for crying out loud! The men were on their feet, it would be easier to seperate them.

I shot a glance in Claire's direction, who looked terrified. Dameon was watching, seeming to contemplate joining the fray or staying with Claire. Keiko and Hunter didn't seemed to be debating on whether they should be laughing their fool heads off or be terrified.

I broke away from Raven, scribbling a quick Both of you go sit with Shadow and makes sure she doesn't go into hysterics. onto my notebook and showing it to Claire and Dameon. Claire left quickly, followed by a slightly more reluctant Dameon.

I turned back to the fight, waiting. This was ridiculous. Absolutely nuts. Grey was going nuts, and Bobo was sitting on Shanti's back, shrieking so loudly the cat's ears were pinned flat against her head. Both Fang and Shanti were sitting, watching carefully and waiting for orders they wouldn't receive.

I walked as close to the boys as I dared, putting my fingers into my mouth and whistling loudly. It was enough to stall them, but not for long. Marroe continued his lunge for Garrett, which is when I took it upon myself to step in. I ran, knocking my shoulder into Marroe's. Not hard, but enough to put him off-track.

I whipped around and grabbed Garrett's fists, shoving them to his sides and kissing him hard on the lips. That was before I pulled away and backhanded him across the face, turning and doing the same to Marroe. Minus the kiss. I glared at them each in turn, snapping my fingers loudly and pointing to the ground.

They both stared. I repeated the action, glare hardening. They sat, both panting, bloody and bruised-glaring at each other. I turned to Raven, mouthing a quick Tell them I said that Marroe had better prove himself-without the fists. If he can't, Garrett has free rein to beat the snot out of him.

She repeated what I had said, which earned me angry grunts from both of them.

I turned to Marroe, arms crossed, foot tapping the pavement.

He took a deep breath, not breaking his glare. "I killed for her. Isn't that enough?"
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

23 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:04 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Garrett~

Garrett stood to his feet, despite Naela's disapproving gaze. The guards were headed over the hill. If they saw blood, everyone was screwed. "What does that prove to me? You're used to killing, are you not?" With a short, quick glare Garrett turned his back upon the younger man and pulled his bloodied white shirt over his head, pouring the water in his canteen onto it before whiping it over his face, chest, arms and hands. Grey was growling at the unfinished fight and Garrett whipped the wet shirt in the air, the wolf instantly stopping. He was done with this talk with this man. If he really wanted to prove himself, he'd have to talk to Garrett once he's cooled down a bit more.

"Sire," the knight from before slid from his horse and bowed.

"Angelo, we're going to rescuethe king and queen." The knight nodded.

"Aye sire. Are the criminals coming along?" At that Garrett's eyebrow furrowed.

"They aren't criminals. They're all official citizens of Sarla, under my word. All bounties shall be taken off their head by my command. Any claims can come straight to me rather than my father." The knight nodded, the prince's new squire writing all these decrees down. "Send for my uncle to watch the kingdom while we're all away. It's too dangerous for any of the immediate members of the family to stay here alone." The squire held out a paper to Garrett, and he signed it with a quill pen swiftly before the stablehand brought all of the horses forward. "Are we all ready to go?" Garrett asked, calmly, yet loud enough for everyone to hear him as he motioned to Naela to come over, so he could help her onto the tall white horse of his.
George Bernard Shaw

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Raven
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes then I felt a cold nose brush against my hand I opened my eyes and smiled realizing it was Fang. I petted him and he licked my hand. I scratched Fang behind his ear and he growled in content making me feel extremely confident. "Um where do I go?" I asked curiously.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Keiko

"Whoo, boy." I whispered, wiping a tear from my eye. Hunter nodded and leaned against me. I leaned back, and then started (and failed at) walking after the mostly upset group. We both ended up falling backwards; Hunter broke my fall with an oof.

"Don't take this personally, babe, but you're not a feather."

I rolled my eyes and reached around to smack his shoulder. "You're not exactly knight-built either yourself, sweets."

I felt a vibration in my spine- Hunter's ribcage shaking with laughter, and then we were both up again. I trotted up next to Garrett's horse (carefully avoiding his gaze, not wanting to start giggling in front of an angry prince) and tapped Naela.

"Nae? We, uh, don't exactly know how to-"

"You don't, do you? You're with me."

I shrieked as an arm wrapped around my middle, and I was thrown on a muscular, equine body behind Hunter. I spit some hair out of my mouth and put my chin on his shoulder, narrowing my eyes sideways.

"Coulda warned me, you know."

Hunter laughed. "But that's not nearly as fun."

I rolled my eyes and glared instead at my hair. It was starting to fade. I needed to redye. Whatever. Garrett said we had to do something; might as well. The observatory sounded boring, by this time. Though I wouldn't reject the offer again.

But for now, I was going to hold Hunter in a death grip until we got wherever we were going.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:22 pm

*Randomly dances to Around the World by Daft Punk*

384 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:51 pm
eldEr says...

Psssssssst...we need a Dameon post!

Shanaela Marz

I sighed, walking over to Garrett. I took my sweet time getting there, too. Unfortunately for him, I still wasn't exactly impressed. Sure, I suppose the whole 'protective brother' thing was noble enough, but I swear, the two probably would have ended up killing each other.

I stopped in front of Garrett and pulled out my notebook. I'm driving.

He arched an eyebrow. "Are you really now?"

I grinned and kissed his cheek before nodding. I am, I mouthed, earning a slight chuckle. Garrett helped me climb onto the horse before swinging up behind me.

"Um, where do I go?" Raven asked.

I turned to face her, glancing towards Marroe, who was slinking...or limping I suppose would be a better word, over to the carriage Shadow was in. You might want to go with them... I mouthed, nodding subtly at Marroe's retreating back. The last thing I needed was for them to do something stupid and get Garrett pissed off again.

Marroe

"Shadow?" I asked cautiously, stepping into the carriage. My stomach was killing me, and I was sure that everybody could seee my face pulsating. Ugh. Everything hurt, everything.

Shadow gasped, looking away from Claire and Damon, who had obviously been trying to comfort her before I came in. Dameon shot me a look, Claire just looked away from my...bloodied appearance.

"What on earth did he do to you?!" Shadow hissed, attempting to get up. Dameon told her to sit, and surprisingly, she listened.

I shrugged and walked over to her, sitting down and wrapping an arm around her shoulders, hidding the fact that my joints were arguing with everything I did. "Beat the crap out of me," I muttered under my breath.

"He didn't kill you then?" Dameon asked.

I looked up at him and chuckled. "Nope. Thank God for red-haired mutes." I kissed Shadow on the cheek and rested a hand on her stomach. "A baby huh?"

Raven walked in then, Fang following closely. And then came a hysteric-looking Bobo. He hopped onto my shoulder, making his odd monkey sounds and touching my bloody cheek. I smacked his fluffy hand away gently and returned my stare to Shadow. A baby... I don't think my life had ever been this interesting before.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

12 Reviews

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:27 am

*Chups in this post I pass the torch to you post!*
Raven
"Congrats you to." I said smiling. "Your not mad?" Marroe asked in surprise. I shook my head. "I'm not mad. As long as you didn't take any liberties then I will get mad." I replied serenely. I heard shouting and Jaykobs voice over everyone elses. Marroe, Shadow and I shared a look and then we ran.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Princess Shadow~

I didn't say anything, I was just quiet as I closed my eyes and leaned on Marroe gently, trying not to hurt him. I felt my stomach hurting a little bit, but at least it didn't hurt as much as it had before. I didn't want to talk about it, I could only imagine how Marroe felt. He had defended me, killed for me, he fought my own brother to make Garrett realise he loved me.

What was wrong with him anyway? Why was he taking up for me? He was my brother, I get that part. Marroe was a thief, I understand. His sixteen year old sister was pregnant, and he was already stressed--yea, I get that. But why in the world would he go off and try to kill the baby's father? Did he want to be the one to help me raise it? Garrett had his own thing going, I just wished I knew what that thing was before he went off punching people.

Thus I was left to wonder if my brother even realised I was his sister--or if he even realized I was alive. He sure didn't act like it--I mean, he didn't ignore me, no, but he did seem to be trying to kill the people I loved, for god knows what reason!
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:56 am
Chupatoasta says...

Garrett~

Garrett felt the horse jerk underneath him as Shanaela kicked it into a slow trot to start the long trek towards the enemy kingdom's lands. They were going to get the king and queen, his parents, back no matter what. After about ten minutes of traveling, once the whole group was out of the kingdom and on their way, soldiers and guards guarding the back and side, Grey stopped abruptly, his tail shooting into the air and lips raising. Garrett looked down at the wolf and reached around Shanaela, grabbing the reigns and pulling the tall white stallion to a stop. "Garrett! Garrett you have to wait!" A familiar, rather tan face was making its way up the path. Blood littered the front of his shirt, and the horse beneath him looked ready to collapse.

"Jaykob, what is it?" Garrett asked, Jaykob simply raising an eyebrow at the scene of Shanaela leading the horse rather than the other way around. "Don't even ask." Garrett chuckled, his arms finding their way around Naela's waist.

"There was a group of bounty hunters a way up the road, at the local inn. We got rid of them, rather quickly, but we were advised to tell you and the group not to stop in at that inn. There is fear that there are more going to target this area. We have to be half way to the other kingdom by nightfall."

Garrett almost choked. "Nightfall?! That's... that's impossible!"

"We have to! It will give us a head on the hunters, and let us have a peaceville night's sleep before any fighting occurs. My men and I are willing to stay and fight with you." As his words came out, five more knights, clad in black armor, made their way in on black horses. The Dark Knights of Sarla. Of course.

"Alright." Garrett sighed, defeated as they started out once more, Jaykob suddenly leaping from his horse and running back to the caravans, where he proceeded to slam chest-to-face with Raven, who fell back onto the hard ground as the horses and people moved on around them.
George Bernard Shaw

384 Reviews

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:30 am
eldEr says...

DDDAAAMMMEEEOOOONNN

Shanaela Marz

Bounty hunters? My whole body tensed and my grip on the reins tightened as we moved along. If they were bounty hunters, chances are they were my bounty hunters. If we had to make it to the palace by nightfall, we had best get moving. Chances were if we didn't get away now, they would end up finding me and giving us a heap of trouble.

My death on the top of the list.

"Naela, is something wrong?" Garrett asked quietly, voice concerned.

Why no Garrett, it is NOT okay. If those bounty hunters catch up, I'll be dead. And you wouldn't even know any of the secrets I've been keeping from you. Like that the general was Green, and Green killed my father. That and he paid men to kill me, and apparently the man's death hasn't caused their efforts to cease. No, because I had to go and make things personal.

Nope. Absolutely nothing was wrong. I shook my head slowly, but Garrett caught onto the shallow breathing.

"Naela..."

I took a deep breath and handed him the reins, holding onto the horse with my knees and dug out my notebook. This was going to take a while.

You, as well as anybody, knows that my father was killed a few years ago. Nobody, however, knows (with the exception of Raven, who I told in back when you were leading us around the tunnels) that the man who killed my father sent men after me. You also don't know that your father's elite general, who's now dead by your hand, was the man who killed my father. Green, a criminal more wanted than me or my father ever were. The one who disapeared shortly after my father's death.

I paused and tried to stop the trembling in my hand and blinked away a few tears blurring my vision. Now wasn't a good time to start crying.

Those bounty hunters, I made things personal, and I'll tell you about that later. They're still after me, maybe even more now that Green is dead.

I pocketed the pen, taking another deep breath and traded Garrett the notebook for the reins. There. It was out, royalty knew--in a nutshell-- what had happened to me.

I'll write Marroe's POV tomorrow!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

12 Reviews

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Raven
I sat on the ground glaring up at Jaykob. "What the heck?" I snapped irritably. "Raven no time!" Garrett shouted. "Yeah I know. Bounty hunters are after us. Just another thing to irritate me." I said coolly standing up. "Ok you know now you and Jaykob get in a carriage." Garrett snapped. I gave him a look but he just stared back. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Jaykob by the arm. "C'mon pretty boy." I said dragging him to a carriage. We sat in the carriage he was across from me fang at my feet and my arms were crossed over my chest. The carriage thumped and we were off to Goddess knows where. "So how are you?" He said awkwardly. "Fine and you?" I replied still slightly ticked. He gulped and I laughed. Here Jaykob the womanizer was nervous around me. "What's your problem with me?" He snapped. My eyes narrowed into an icy glare. "You turned my friends in!" I hissed. "What about you?!" He exclaimed. "What about me?" I snapped back. "Don't you care what happens to you?" He asked quietly. "No I don't as long as their safe." I replied. "I care." He said his voice barely above a whisper. I looked at him shocked into silence. "You care about me?" I asked quietly. "Yes I do." He said insistently looking me in the eyes. 'He's a womanizer Raven don't trust him!' I mentally screamed at myself. "Why should I trust you? I know your reputation. What comes with you caring a knife to the throat?" I said coldly I heard a small bit of desperation in my voice because I wanted to desperatly believe that he could care for me.

DAMEON!!!!!!!!!!! POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird