z

Young Writers Society

Paper Flowers

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:32 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Maddie

As I was roaming the streets to find a place to sleep for tonight since I practically lived on it I seen these guys,they were taking Princess Navona but then it looked like they were selling her to some other guys too. I was gonna go over to see what was going on but I thought to myself for a few minutes,"I want to help,but i have to much to do and so much to get...hopefully i will see them again on my journey then i might have more people to actually help me save her."
I hurried on down the road to see if I could find a place to steal a bite to eat but nowhere near could I find a thing,at the same time I felt so bad for not being able to help the Princess but I have to survive in this cruel world. I finally passed by this stand that was selling some food so when noone was watching I hurried to get over by it to take a few things,such as some bacon,pork meat and some wierd looking thing I had no idea what it was,but you cant be to picky when it comes to your life.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Princess Navona~

I didn't like this one bit. They pulled me forward, bounding my hands in front of me. I ignored them, keeping my chin high as my people followed behind me. This was scaring me, but I kept myself composed. I couldn't let them see that this was scaring me. But my mind wandered. There were things that happened to those who were sold, plenty of things that would be enough to scare me. I could think of one that I didn't want to think about, but the word floated through my mind. Rape.

I shook the thought off, not looking any of them in the face. My chin lowered as my self esteem went down. I wondered what I looked like, as though that mattered. They stopped suddenly, and I couldn't help but to look up to see what was wrong. Two of them were arguing about something in front of us, and the leader, the one who had commanded them to burn Mizzle, was telling them to shut up. I looked around to see if anyone was watching. Maybe we could get away.

But one of them glanced back at us, and I sighed, knowing this wasn't going how I wanted it to. I was determined to save my people, if it was the last thing I did. I wanted to just collapse from all of the walking we'd done in the past few hours with those other people. My dress didn't look too bad, I realised, looking down at the simple corset and long skirt thing. The sleeves were hanging off my shoulders, and the corset was low, exposing much of my chest. Not the perfect thing for today's activities. I touched my crown, thinking God it was still there. It was expensive, and I'd taken a vow to wear it through good times as well as troubled. I remembered getting it, the vow that said that I'd never let anything happen to my people no matter what. I was keeping that vow.

I let my hands fall in front of me again. I was wearing a beautiful necklace I'd gotten when I was a little girl from my mother. It had a beautiful blue gem in the middle shaped like a square that was attached to a silver band that went around my neck, and even that was covered in tiny diamonds. I was even wearing diamond rings and bracelets. Everything I was wearing was expensive, why didn't they just take that stuff? I was just a person, just like them, only I had money. My family had money. They would pay them that money to get me back, if that's what it took. I sighed again, falling to my knees and not getting back up. I wanted to lie down, to close my eyes and go to sleep. My eyes were already doing that. I was exhausted, tired didn't even cover it. I put my face in my hands, trying to control myself. But it didn't help, I was out before I knew it.

>OK, this was a little hard to describe...I know, call me crazy:<
Spoiler! :
And I had to post what the dress looked like!!
Spoiler! :
ImageImage
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

27 Reviews

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:50 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Maddie

As I was eating my food I noticed the princess she was on the ground about to pass out,I seen that noone was near her but she was tied down so I ran over to her to see if she was ok,"Princess?" I wispered. then she looked up and seen me begging me to help her but I knew that I couldnt so I said,"I will try and find some help to get you back but for now you must go." before she said anything else I ran off into the shadows of the tree's,while I tried to find my mother I will try to help the lovely helpless princess but i dont think how ME this thief could do something good for once.
I walked into the woods and climbed high up in a tree,I was like a monkey and since I lived out on the streets most of my life I had to know the wild life ways so I could easily just sleep in the tree til morning then be on my way bright and early tomorrow. The strange thing was I kept thinking about that poor helpless princess I had to leave just because I couldnt help her on my own and I really need to be searching for my mother not helping a kingdom but I have to help them to or I will feel bad,so tomorrow bright and early I set off to find help for the Princess.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:04 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Also, I found a few pictures, so it won't be that hard to imagine the castle and stuff. Here:

The castle!
Spoiler! :

The labyrinth!
Spoiler! :

The chambers!
Spoiler! :

There's going to be two ballrooms...just because I felt like it!
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

the dungeon! (put all of that together)
Spoiler! :

Garden! I admit it's huge...
Spoiler! :
Entrance: Image
The garden: Image
More of the garden: Imagethose people aren't there...
More!! Image
And guess what this is! MORE! Image

Courtyard!
Spoiler! :

Bridge to the castle!
Spoiler! :

OK, I know I'm having fun, but I need to stop.. Hope you like! Don't ask why I decided to look up pictures of this stuff, just thank! :smt003
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:42 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jude

I slipped my knife between my teeth, and quicker than anyone could say "Hey!", I was climbing up the wall. That's right, the perfectly vertical, no foot or hand holds wall of the tavern. See, this is why I was alive, and the others were being shipped away. I was good.

I sprinted across the rooftop and leapt lightly to the next, landing three feet from the edge. Starting to hum the tune of a song the sailors always sang when they came in from sea, I slithered down the piping on the next wall, returned my knife to its spot on my hip, and half-skipped into the inn.

I had been pulling the I'm-a-male act for months now. Boy-short hair, trousers whose lower half I had ripped off, a lightweight tunic, even my name, Jude- it kept me safe. Of course, a few trusted people had figured it out, but I couldn't afford to have anyone else. It was one of the many reasons I was being supremely careful nowadays.

Reason one: since the princess had been taken, guards had been doubled, as patrols and discipline. It meant for any of the surviving thieves, life was a nightmare. Reason two: Because of this, there was a higher chance of me getting injured, and having to get examined. And if I was, I would inevitably be discovered. So, extra careful. Reason three: Someone reported that they had seen a child who looked like a North last week. This wouldn't be a problem.

If it weren't for the fact that the royal guard wiped out all Norths ten years ago. All of them.

And guess who that child was? Yep. Me.

So I was, basically, being tracked, at a high risk of injury/death/discovery, and Miss Rosa was busy getting ale for people at another booth.

I groaned and dropped my head to the table.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davis

We were sitting in the small hotel room we had broken into. Carina was taking care of Bethy. I felt slightly bad for what I had been doing to them. But they didn't understand what a pain they could be. I turned around and Bethy walked into me, spilling water on my shirt. I felt my face redden.
"You stupid, useless little twit!" I screamed at her. Carina ran over and hugged Bethy to her. I slapped Carina and pushed Bethy into a wall, then swiftly walkign over and getting in her face.
"You need to learn to watch were your going!"

Carina

I held my hand to my face as the tears steamed down. I grabbed Davis' arm and screamed.
"She didn't mean it, blame me! I gave it to her." he shook me off and slapped me again.
"Bethy get to bed." He demanded.
"But it's not even dark out..." she started. Davis slapped her again, my heart almost stopped everytime he did.
"I said BED." If I knew what was good for me I would go to bed to. So that's what I did. I helped Bethy up, and walked her into the other room. I helped her up on the bed and hugged her close to me, stroking her hair.
"It's ok Bethy, he's in the other room, he can't hurt you there."
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Jurian Anvindor:

I sat in a corner of the tavern, watching the events unfolding around me. As I watched, a young boy entered the tavern, a knife on his hip. He looked towards Miss Rosa, sighed and found a seat before dropping his head onto the table.

Smiling to myself, I leaned back into the shadows and sipped my drink. This day was just boring. And to think I might have been kidnapped and sold along with the Princess if I wasn't careful. I sighed, smile gone. It wasn't a good thing to be thinking about at a time like this.

Feeling a little sad, I lent forwards and put my drink down, wondering where the heck Lukas and the others were. They'd told me to stay here and watch the rooms but I was more than a little bored now. I had no idea how long I'd been sitting there for, but I felt eyes on me and looked up. The young boy was watching me now.

I just shook my head and returned to staring down into my ale, musing. I wonder what the king would say if he ever found out about me... Then again, my mother was just a peasant and I was now a thief. I sighed again and leaned back into the shadows. It couldn't hurt to be careful.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:39 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jude

The boy across the room looked... strange. He definitely had a thief's air, that confident pride, but there was more to it. I was about to walk over to him when Miss Rosa came over.

"Sorry, sweet pea, the new family took a lot of convincin'," she said, whipping out her notepad. "Sandwich and a cup of chocolate milk?" I nodded eagerly. Miss Rosa winked and sauntered off. Some new boys -a whole lot, actually- were swarming in, and I saw Miss Rosa raise an eyebrow. Only a couple joined the thief-who-looked-different.

I walked to the tallest of the others, clasped his hand, and brought his shoulder to mine. "Rolli! How's the alliance holding up?" I spoke the last sentence in a lower voice.

"Jude, good to see you, man!" His voice dropped in volume. "Great. The Blades are getting along well with the Whips. Thanks for linking us."

I winked. "No problemo, Ro. Just remember, this means you gotta play nice with the nobles for a while." Rolli made a face and waved the others over. With a lot of squeaking and some amount of swearing, half a dozen chairs were brought up around my table. Three Blades, three Whips.

This was good. Whips and Blades had two very different turfs, but I knew they needed each other's skills. Blades were running out of resources, and frankly, Whips just weren't tough enough to deal with the underground world of crime that Blades were already used to.

Miss Rosa walked back over, a tray on each hand. "You owe me for this, Judea," I heard her mutter in my ear. My face went white for half a second. I hadn't been called Judea since I was five. I smiled to bring some color back and thanked her, grabbing my sandwich. I glanced at the doorway and froze again.

"Well guys, glad you're getting along well! Pa needs me back at the store, though, gotta go!" I said, forcing my voice down to guy-level. I threw a pouch of coins (stolen, noble, East Street) at Miss Rosa, who caught it deftly. I slipped out of the door, head down, avoiding the gaze of the soldier at the door.

Shivering, I bolted down the alley, hand wrapped around my knife.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

27 Reviews

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:10 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Maddie

I finally got around the chance of stealing this beautiful silk ruby red dress and a few pieces of jewlry so that I could go get in this restraunt thing without them knowin I was a thief but I had just found like 5 pieces of coins so I had like 20 money and I wanted to see what I could buy in there. When I walked in there with my hair fixed and all dressed up all eyes were on me so I was kinda embarassed then I ran to a seat in the far back corner where noone could actually see me and this woman came up to me and said,"hello im Rosa,would you like to order something?" but I just looked shyly at her and shook my head no,she finally left my table.
I was looking around at everyone talking and chatting like nothing was wrong in the world,but I knew that everyone knew about the young Princess Navona has been tooken.When I wasnt looking but then turned my head back to look at the people I saw a group of guys walking up to me,I have to admit it was kinda scary then some guy from the group that emerged at me said,"hello." but I just looked at them and said,"Ummm....hello,im-im Maddie."

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:33 am
eldEr says...

ELIZEBETH

Elizebeth sniffed loudly and chewed her bottom lip. Her whole body was trembling, in both fear and anger. Mostly fear; for both herself and for her sister. "I didn't mean to spill on him..." she whispered, new tears forming in her eyes. Her shoulders were scraped from when she hit the wall, she could feel it. Her cheek stung badly, too.

"I know," Carina cooed softly.

Bethy wiped her cheeks with the heel of her hand and sat up straight, giving her sister a concerned look. "Did he hurt you badly, too?" she asked. She was still shaking, but she was going to try and be brave now.

Carina smiled weakly. "Not too badly."

Bethy could see the red on Carina's cheek where Davis had hit her, but she didn't say anything. Carina was strong, unlike Bethy. She would be okay, right?

"Good." She gave her sister another hug, trying not to cry anymore. Secretly, she wanted to scream. She wanted to scream and then have somebody come and save her and Carina. But she couldn't scream, she wasn't allowed. So Bethy stayed silent, fighting off tears until her eyelids finally started to droop.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:21 am
phantom of the potter says...

Cale Ersaid

Cale watched the city street quietly froom the rooftop. He watched the passersby carefully for signs of noble birth. One could easily separate the nobles from the commoners, if they knew the signs. Cale's coin purse had been feeling uncomfortably empty recently.

There! Cale perked up, training his eyes on the blonde head of a woman. The crowd below seemed to part gently to allow her to pass. The woman was confident. Whether they knew it or not, people would step aside for one they perceived to be dominate.

Cale slid down from the rooftop. He grunted slightly after landing in a puddle of mud, but Cale did not let it distract him. The mud would dry and flake off of Cale's clothes eventually. For now, the blonde ringlets swished to and fro tauntingly in front of Cale. Cale slithered after the woman. As Cale drew nearer, he raised an eyebrow in surprise and intrest.

The woman wore a dagger. She had shed a traditional dress for pants and a light tunic. His intrest thoroughly piqued, Cale made a quick decision. He would talk to the woman first, instead of a simple pick-pocket job. Cale was simply too curious to take the money and run.

Looking up, Cale spotted some scaffolding. Cale smirked. Just what he needed for a dramatic entrance. Cale jumped up to catch the edge of the scaffolding. He swung himself around to land directly in the blonde's path.

"Hello," said Cale with a great, flourishing bow in the blonde's direction. "To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"

**That's you, Chupatoasta. I don't think anyone has brought your characters in much.
Last edited by phantom of the potter on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

27 Reviews

Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:37 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Maddie

Before he could say another word I said,"I gotta go,Im a busy lady." Then I hurried to run out of the place and go hide in the back alley of an old house,it was creepy and you could hear the drain pipes draining so it got quiet annoying.I heard someone coming so I ran and hid behind a trashcan then I thought to myself,"wow,a trash can,how stupid can i be?"but then I didnt hear anyone so I stepped out from behind it and thankfully noone was there.
I started fixing up my area so I could get some rest from the long day I had and for tomorrow when I have to go searching for the princess some help and hopefully help save her. It would mean the world to me if I finally got to do good for someone and maybe in return I would get my life back.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:08 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Ahh, thank you Phantom :D**

Micayla~

Micayla arched a sculpted eyebrow, her eyes running over the older boy. Surely, he thought she was checking him out, when actually, she was trying to disect his actual intentions. She had to admit though, he was quite handsome. She mentally shook the thought from her head, and shot him an inconspicuous smile before sticking her hand out in an unformal fashion. She was trying hard to not seem too... royal? Her foreign accent, like a Spanish one to an American, couldn't be lost. "My name is Micayla... Micayla..." She had to think up a last name, fast. "Arthur!" She smiled softly.

Micayla Arthur, eh? Not too shabby.

The young man, rather than shaking her hand like she'd wanted him to, brought it to his lips. Oh how terribly cliche. It was like he was reading her like an open book, like he KNEW she was royalty.

Or, he could just be a gentleman.

Or a thief trying to sweet talk.

Micayla decided on the last one.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Micayla... I am Cale, Cale Ersaid." He had said it was no hesitation. Either it was his real name, or he'd used that lie one too many times.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine." Micayla smiled smoothly. "Would you like to... erm... walk with me?" She smiled softly.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:06 am
phantom of the potter says...

Cale Ersaid

Cale chuckled softly at the woman. "I'd be delighted," he replied dramatically, offering Micayla his arm. She glanced at Cale's elbow. Cale could see her thinking furiously for a moment. In the end, however, Micayla brought her hand to rest lightly on Cale's arm.

"What bring you to our fine city, Micayla?" asked Cale as they threaded their way down the street. Cale cast occasional glances toward the woman. He was watching her body language, looking for warning signs. "You are obviously not a native-bred."

"I'm... visiting. Friends of the family, you could say."

"I see. Are you enjoying yourself?"

Micayla didn't answer immediately. Cale stopped to look at her inquisitively. "It is passable," she said quickly. "I - "

"Micayla," said Cale quickly, allowing one corner of his mouth to quirk upwards. He met her eyes. This might be a grand opportunity for Cale, if she would just take the bait. "If you are not enjoying yourself, then obviously your "friends" have not taken you sight seeing. I know this city better than most. Come. Let me show you some of its wonder."

Torin Ersaid

Torin stared out into the city from his balcony, rubbing his thumb into the palm of his other hand. The king had ordered his best soldiers to leave in search of the princess as soon as possible. Torin had gathered most of his necessities, but he wondered where they should begin the search.

And then there was the problem of the king sending all of his best fighters away from him and his remaining family. If the bandits were to attack again -

Torin sighed, rubbing his face. They would need to be going soon. Thinking about all of the negative consequences of the king's orders would do Torin no good.

"Are you ready?" came a gruff voice behind Torin. Torin turned. It was Cael, one of Torin's long-time companions and friends. Cael had his packs slung over his back. Torin nodded, grabbing his own packs.

"They've got the horses saddled up and ready for us," said Cael as they walked down toward the courtyard.

"Do you know where we are going to start the search?" asked Torin grimly. Cael snorted.

"As I understand it, we are going to blindly follow the trail of the bandits until we find her," Cael said. Torin shook his head.

"That's the only plan you've got?" demanded a voice from the shadows of a pillar. Cael and Torin turned.

"Your Majesty," said Torin quickly, bowing, as Prince Dante stepped out from the shadows. Cael mirrored Torin's motion.

The prince did not answer. He glared at the soldiers. "You understand that she is my sister, right?" he said quickly. "That she is something more than a political pawn? And while you soldiers sit and plan, her life is in danger!"

Torin looked up at the prince seriously. "I understand, sir," he said quietly. Torin knew that the king had decreed that the prince was to stay in the castle. Torin understood his reasons, of course. But what the king had not taken into consideration was that the princess would be terrified if and when the soldiers found her. It would do wonders for her brother to be among the princess' rescuers.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 am
SisterItaly says...

Carina

I stroked Bethy's hair as she fell asleep. My poor little sister. I would gladly take the hits for her. before long she was asleep, that's when I started crying, I didn't dare cry in front of her, she needed one of us to be strong. I might be only 12, but 12 was the new 20. I heard a thwap on the window and rolled over to see what it was. Bandana. I sighed and got up to let the bird in. No sooner was the window open, Bandana was trying to wake Bethy up. I frantically waved at the bird.
"Quit it! She needs her sleep!" I caught the bird in my hands as Davis came in. He was fuming mad. He knocked the bird out of my hands and Bandana took the place beside Bethy. He grabbed my hair.
"Your being to loud!" He hissed dragging me over to the closet and shoving me in.
"I'm sorry!" I choked out. He scowled.
"You can come out when you can be quite!" He said slamming the door.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott