z

Young Writers Society

Born From the Earth

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:59 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

I arrived to class, late. Mr. Baker glared at me.
"Do you have a late note." I shrugged, looking at who else was in class. What was the point of coming? There was hardly anyone here.
"Nope." I said, looking back at him. He took off his glasses and rubbed his temples.
"Then whats your excuse this time?" He put his glasses back on and rolled his eyes. I pointed behind me.
"Would you rather I left?" I asked. He looked at me as if to say 'are you serious.'
"I would rather it, but my job description says I must teach you." I shrugged and turned to leave.
"Fine then, if I'm not wanted here." He went to say something, but I slammed the door shut and ran out. I laid down under a tree in front of the school. Hoping Logan would drive by and see me.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:01 pm
Fox says...

Seth

"Oops," Ashi said with a slight giggle. "You have to admit, I made an improvement." I looked at the lion and turned my head sideways. I started to laugh.

"I guess you're right. It does look better that way." The librarian came outside and glared at us. We just looked at her. She pointed inside, and we dropped our heads and walked in. I could feel the heat rising in Ashi as we walked back to where we were stacking books on the shelves. I put my hand on her arm, and she calmed, but I could tell she was still angry. I was too. That librarian was always on our backs.

"There was something strange about that boy." Ashi said when we started stacking books again. I looked at her questioningly.

"I can't explain it," she said, answering my mental question, "but there was something about him that just felt...weird."

"I think I understand. I could feel something weird about him too when he walked by. There aren't any words to explain it, though."

"Do you know who he is?" she asked me. I shook my head, and we both went quiet. I thought hard about it all, and who that boy could've been.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:11 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I sped away, looking back and smiling at her improvement to the building. If anything else, I'd go sit outside the school yard and wait. I had nothing better to do, and I was kicked out of all of the places in town that you could get kicked out of. The thought made me laugh as I swerved through the traffic. I'd start a cop chase if there wasn't a chance of getting caught and going to jail, and we didn't have bail money yet, but we were getting there.

I was going down the road when I saw someone sitting outside under a tree in the school yard. My smile widened as I saw it was Juliet. I stopped slowly, pulling my helmet off as she ran over to me. I leaned down like before and kissed her smiling lips, pulling away before we got too caught up. It wouldn't bother her, but it would bother all of the teachers who already hated me.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

"What are you doing out here school girl?" He asked, smiling at me. I smiled up at him, quickly looking back to see if anyone was coming out after me.
"Stupid teacher was being retarded, so I left. There was only like, twelve people there anyway." He smirked.
"Want to get out of here?" He said, nodding towards his bike. I nodded,
"Definitely. Where should we go?" I asked as he handed me a helmet, sliding on his own. I started tucking my hair in, but as usual he did that for me. I rolled my eyes.
"I- uh, don't know. Where do you want to go?" I shrugged as he climbed on and I climbed on behind him.
"Where ever you are is where I want to be." I said, wrapping my arms around him. I giggled as the motorcycle came to life. One day I would run away with him. I wanted nothing more, then to spend the rest of my life with him.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:50 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Guthrie:

After we had finished eating and I payed them I grabbed Rave's hand and pulled her out of her chair. We pushed our way through a crowd of people and out the door. We walked the overcrowded sidewalk extremely slowly. Looking for some relief from the crowd I squeezed Rave's hand and began running across the street, despite the honked horns and Rave's protests.

A car slowed but still hit me. It hit me just barely but I flung myself onto the hood just to be theatrical. The guy in the car actually looked worried. With a smile and Rave laughing I stood up and continued running towards the park.

Once we reached grass we stopped running. With a smile I threw my hands in the air and since I was still holding Rave's hand her hand went up to "We survived!" I yelled, recieving looks. I continued with "I love the color yellow!"
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:25 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I was waiting for the night she called me, and asked me to come get her and take her away from it all. That would be perfect. We would go far far away from here where no one could tell us what to do.

I chose to go out of town for the rest of the day, speeding down the road, and stopping once for gas, then continuing. Juliet seemed happy, no matter how far we went out of town. I wanted to go some where we could just talk, so I decided the water park was OK. I sat down on a bench, pulling her onto my lap.

"How was your day?" she asked, kissing me. When she finally back up, I looked into her eyes, smiling.

"I managed to get myself kicked out of the library today, and I believe I meat..." I hesitated. She looked at me confused. "I think I meat another one like me." She backed off, her face becoming serious, and I hated it when she was serious, she took away all of my fun.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:36 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

"I never knew there were others, like you...." I said, looking off into the distance, as if I was looking for them. "And you got kicked out of the library!?" I said, scooting off his lap and flicking the top of his head. "Silly boy." I became serious again. "Did you at least talk to them?" He shook his head.
"No, I walked by them at the library. When I got kicked out." I sighed and sat back down on his lap. I felt his hand grab the box in my sweater pocket, and pulled it away. There was no way he was getting his birthday present yet.
"What's that?" He asked, his eyes almost sparkling. I shook a finger and smirked at him.
"Not yet. It's a surprise." He put on a fake pout face.
"Aw come on. Lemme see." I grabbed his wrist mid-reach. Kissing the tip of his nose and resting my forehead on his.
"No."
Spoiler! :
His present

The Book.

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:56 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I kissed her lips, keeping my forehead against hers. "Please," I whispered. She could be stubborn when she wanted to be, but she had to bend under my control. She shook her head slightly, smiling and kissing me more. I was turning 18 tomorrow and we--I had nothing planned, and I hoped she didn't either. I wasn't too big on surprises, unless I was the one giving them. She was 17 still, but that was OK as long as it was OK for her, and by the looks of it, it was perfectly fine.

I sighed, pulling away from her. "Fine," I said, making my face emotionless. I hoped she would bend, and let me see it, though I doubted it. She was just too stubborn. I wanted to go out and party, maybe drink a little--or a lot. I loved waking up in random places after a hard party. It made you wonder, and when you were bored, you could thing about that.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

I put his hand on my back and wrapped my arms around his neck.
"I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow." He pulled away agian. "Come on, don't be like that. It's a surprise." He looked away and crossed his arms.
"I hate surprises." I leaned against him, wrapping his arms around me.
"You'll love it." I said, watching as another kid jumped down the slide in front of us. I understood he loved water, but did we have to come somewhere so, loud? I was getting a headache. I didnt want to go home, I was alone again tonight. i would just have to tough it out, and by tough it out, I meant ball my eyes out.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:54 pm
Fox says...

Seth

Finally, Ashi's shift in the library was over. We basically got to just hang out for most of the rest of the day.

"So," she said with a sigh as we walked out of the library, "what do you want to do? I'm up for anything, but I'd prefer to get as far away from this place as I can." She cocked her head towards the library.

I chuckled. "I don't really care." There was silence as we both thought. "Want to go to the water park?" I suggested.

"Hmm...I don't see why not." Ashi said. I smiled.

"Great." I said. I ran to my car and opened up the passenger door for her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His car:
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Fox on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:45 pm
kidashka says...

(I suppose the pairs need to start meeting up soon...?)

~Rell~

The sound of my engine filled my ears as I sped down the highway. After all, everyone knew speed limits were for wusses, and besides, I was fairly sure that in order to be fined for speeding, you needed a permanent residence. Or a driving licence. Or any form of ID, for that matter.

I mused silently of where to visit next. I could go wherever the wind took me (literally) and was free from taxes, free from work, free from emotional and financial ties, free from-

"So, where are we going?"

Oh yes. Free. Free from many things. Holly Maybelle was not one of those things.

I turned my head slightly to see the familiar face appear, poking through the back window with an innocent smile. I sighed.

"Holly."
"Yes?"
"What did I tell you about sneaking into the back of my truck?"

A stubborn silence filled the air, before once again being replaced my her persistantly happy tone of voice. "So, where are we going?"

"I." I corrected. "I am going to New York City. You are following me. Again."

She grinned enthusiastically. "Yup, I sure am! Anyway, I've always wanted to go to New York. This is gonna be awesome!"
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 am
Kaywiia says...

I love how positive Holly is.

Holly

"Come on, I had to tag along. I am supposed to protect you, remember?" I said with my biggest grin. I thought it was hysterical how I was supposed to protect him, and keep him from doing anything stupid. I leaned back in my seat with a big sigh. New York City, this was going to be great.

"You have to protect me?" Rell dragged out each word as if they didn't make sense. He must not have heard me, but I ignored that comment and continued on my own thoughts.

"Yup, that's what I've been told. And I get to go to the Big Apple, the NYC, the...." My voice was going through octaves I was so excited. My breath came faster at the thought to New York City.

"Why don't you just be quiet?"

"Because I don't want to be," I said, my grin stretching even wider. I looked around at all the scenery, laughing as the wind blew through my blond hair. This was great, and life really couldn't get better. I had to restrain myself from breaking into a party dance. I stared to hum the theme to New York, New York. Frank Sinatra was one of my favorite singers, and this particular song was my favorite.

"Oh, my, god. We should go see a Broadway show!" I said with way more enthusiasm then needed. The idea had hit me as I had started to sing a little bit. I had always wanted to see a Broadway show, and this was my big chance. I couldn't imagine being any happier.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 am
Chupatoasta says...

Rave~

I giggled and laid down in the fallen fall leaves, Peter falling down next to me. He'd always insisted on me calling him Guthrie, but I didn't care, he was still Mr. Peter Guthrie to me. He smiled over at me, and I blushed slightly, rolling over and kissing his cheek playfully. "I want a puppy." I teased, Peter rolling over on his side to face me, his hand propping his head off the ground.

"What kind of puppy?" Peter smiled softly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I smiled and shrugged, rolling onto my back. Leaves slowly bunched together, forming the shape of a small puppy. It ran in circles around Peter and I, barking actual barks. When someone looked over, the leaves fell apart.

"I don't know." I suddenly gasped and stood up. Peter hurried to his feet, walking beside me as I scurried across the park. Peter took my hand in his, the two of us running full speed now.

Where?

Neither of us knew, we just ran.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:30 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Logan

I realized I was being childish, and I realized she wasn't liking the noise. There was only one reason I liked coming here. There was an huge lake in the middle of it all. Not a pond, no, it was huge, more part of a river that didn't move so fast. The park was just maybe half a mile away from it, and we could walk. I stood up, and she looked at me, tears in her eyes. I took her hand, pulling her with me. I'd never gone to the lake with her before, and I was sure she would enjoy it. It was quiet there.

We finally made it, as it was getting dim, and the new lights on the poles were coming on to light the sidewalk that lined one end of the lake. She looked over the water, smiling, and I wrapped my arms around her waist, still standing behind her.

"I love you," I whispered, kissing her hair. I hoped this was good enough for her. It seemed a lot prettier when I was here without her, but she was so much more beautiful than this sight to me, and I turned her around to look at me. I kissed her, pulling her closer to me, cupping her face with one of my hands, and the other one still around her waist.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 pm
SisterItaly says...

JULIET

I pulled away, reaching into my pocket.
"I love you more." I smirked. He pulled my closer to him. Smiling like a cat.
"No way." He said, kissing me again. I felt myself blush as the water rippled, I knew he was making it do that... I pulled the box out of my pocket, and put it in his hand. I wrapped his fingers around it, pulling out of the kiss. He looked down at his hand, opening it palm up to examine the box.
"What happened to it being a surprise?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I shrugged and smiled at him.
"I can't say no to you. Open it." I said, nodding at it. He opened it and I smiled.

The Book.

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson