Young Writers Society

Rousseau's Academy for Vampire Hunters

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:07 pm
View Likes
sillyducky says...

*Alyssa Mefore*

I pulled the covers over my head, groaning about five more minutes. The squeaking persisted, and the little feet across my arm never ceased to stop.
Slowly, I opened my eyes to see a rat staring up at me. Normal people would have screamed, I was not normal.
"Hey, Chocolate," I said, putting out my hand and waiting for the rat to climb onto it. He did, and I giggled. There was nothing like a good old rat to wake you up. My room was full of them. I didn't know why, but I thought it was some sort of practical joke that someone had done in anger a long time ago. After all, they did let someone so young into the academy. But I didn't mind, I had named all of the rats.

Carefully, I pulled on my baggiest shorts, even though I was going to Magic class and not Combat. Chocolate crawled in, squeaking with excitement. "Shh," I said, and headed off to class, hoping no one would notice the rat sticking out of my pocket.
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:07 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Lucius

"Good God, Kassia, really?" he asked, with an impatient sigh. "You'd think that since you wore them only yesterday it wouldn't be that hard to find them."

Kassia sent him a glare that made him raise his hands in a sign of truce. "I'm just saying."

"Like you really care about being on time to combat class," she said, finally finding her boot and shoving them on.

"Is that a compliment? I don't wanna brag but we both know that I don't really need combat class," he replied with a quick wink.

Kassia rolled her eyes. "Anyone else would just think you're conceited...lucky for you, I know better. Or else I wouldn't put up with you."

Lucius shrugged his shoulders. Although she wouldn't say it, Lucius didn't care about any of his classes because he didn't care about hunting vampires. Most people saw him as a weirdo because of that. Especially since everyone knew about the legendary Katilyn and Marcus. His parents. They were almost famous among vampire hunters and their techniques were some of the most highly praised and taught.

And ever since his sister Monica was taken by the vampires and made into one, his parents went into a crazy revenge killing spree. They've killed more vampires then either of them can remember. Marcus's greatest ambition is for his son to finally graduate and join them. Even though Lucius would like nothing more than to drop out of this school and be normal.

Still, it didn't mean he didn't hate the vampires for what they did to his sister. So he did most of what was asked of him here. Because once he graduated, he planned to find his sister and kill her. She wouldn't have wanted to be a vampire.

"Ha. Ha. Ha," Lucius rolled his eyes, shifting uncomfortably. "We both know that I'm too irresistible to stay away from."

"Let's just get to class," Kassia snorted, as they finally left her room.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:42 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Shadow/Davine~

I didn't like sitting much. I was more of the stand up and fight kind of girl. Which is why I was so happy to go to my next class. Combat. Calypso knew exactly where we were going, and what we would be doing. She was used to it. I petted her soft white fur as we walked down the hall, saying she's tall enough that I didn't have to bend down much to touch her. And the only reason I did have to bend down was because the eight inch heals I had on. No one understood how I could fight in them, or even run, but I had my ways. I was good at that, and I hadn't tripped once in my whole life in them.

Calypso stopped suddenly, and I stopped with her, knowing there was a reason her concentration was broken. She turned as a werewolf--if I was correct--came in, looking down at her. I ignored him, and continued walking, knowing she would follow as soon as he was out of the way. She had a thing about anything that wasn't human. And she did, staying on my other side. I knew he was looking at Calypso while we walked into the classroom, but it didn't bother me...Until he said something.

"Is that your wolf?" he asked. I nodded slowly, putting my stuff up. She had stopped at the door, and refused to come any farther. I patted my leg, calling her to me with a slight whistle. She came slowly, but when she got to me, she jumped up on me, putting one paw on my shirt, and the other on my leg--the part the skirt didn't cover. Her claw dug into my leg, and I called her off of me.

"Yes, It is, why?" I asked, looking at him. He shook his head, walking away. If I wasn't mistaken, he had a slight smile on his face.

*That could have been anybody*
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:47 pm
View Likes
Durriedog says...

I'm in!

Name: Kate Michaels

Age (13-25, older for vampires): 17

Race (Human, werewolf, vampire, etc.): Human

Skills: Pre-thought, strategy, with staves

Magical or Non-magical: non-magical

Personality: Either loves or hates, and others feel the same about her. She will snap and she will never forgive a grudge, but she is capable of much love. She scares other kids.

Appearance: Green-blue eyes, dark lashes and dark eyebrows, strong jaw. When she smiles, she has sharp teeth but no-where near as sharp as a vampire's. With her pale skin, some new people who have never seen a vampire before think she is one and she has to defend herself against 14-year-olds. She's skinny but eats a lot.

Likes/Dislikes: likes a long, slow sword sequence and the feeling of power that she is able to do it. She likes food, but doesn't eat anywhere other than in the dining hall, or if on a raid at dinner time. Grapes are her favourite, and pork. Hates people who hurt others, even if she has a grudge against that 'other'. She believes that the fighting should be saved for the vampires, and will use force to stop fights. She usually wins in force battles, as she's always training. Hates people who keep her from easy luxury.

History: Not a very interesting one. She came to the academy when her parents went on full-time buisness. They write every week, so she doesn't mind. Has been on many raids, has seen many gruesome things. Has nightmares some nights, but doesn't tell anyone.

Other: She always takes time off training to hang out, because she thinks it is healthy, and she actually has some pretty good friends that hang out.

Up for love: (Yes or no) Yes, but she doesn't think she's going to get it.
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

83 Reviews

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:07 pm
View Likes
Durriedog says...

*Kate Michaels*

Kate skidded into combat late.

"Sorry, sir!" she said. "I woke up late."

"Get an alarm clock, Michaels."

"Will do, sir."

She threw herself onto the mats, chucking her bag to one side. She started sifting through the people in the room. Some newbs. A few werewolves. A familiar sweep of tail from Calypso the wolf, and the face of her owner. Alyssa, who didn't seem to notice that the rat that was in her pocket was sniffing around, clawing itself out of it. It started chewing on the mats. Kate snorted. Alyssa looked around, and Kate gestured to the rat. Alyssa picked it up and put it in her lap.

"Who's that?"

"Kate Michaels."

"Oh yeah? She's pretty muscular for a human chick."

Kate twisted around and looked at the two behind her.

"Do you have a problem?" she demanded.

"He does," said the guy who knew who I was.

"You both do, in the head. If you think a human chick can't be as strong as a werewolf one, then think again. See me after school and I'll show your head exactly what a human chick can do."

"Oooooh," went some of their classmates.

"You don't really expect to go against a werewolf and win, especially a male one?" said the werewolf, bewildered.

"Try me."

"Michaels!" called the teacher. "What are you doing?"

"Greeting the new visitors, sir." Kate said coldly.

"We've had this talk before..."

Kate sighed. "Yes, sir."

With one more look at the guys behind her, she sat attentively to the front.
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Shadow/Davine~

I couldn't help but laugh. We had both gotten the talk. In fact, plenty of students here had gotten that talk. Though, we were more ready than any of those students to put our words to the test. I'd fight next to Kate any day. None of these other kids could do half the damage one of us could. Put us together, we were probably invincible. I smiled at her, and she couldn't help but smile back, her eyes melting again. Calypso looked around the room constantly, and I always had my hand on her, telling her it was OK.

Calypso had a problem with anything that wasn't human, such as her own kind and other animals. She just hadn't been around them much, but I was bringing her to all of my classes lately, and I think she was getting used to them. A few more weeks, and she would probably fight next to them like she would fight next to me. Though they would never had the connection we did. I could command her to do something through my mind, and she would do it. I didn't have to speak out loud, she knew. And she could feel when some one's mood changed, which was weird to me, but after so many years, I guess you get used to it. War was always on my mind, so I shook the thought away, telling Calypso to be quiet and quit whimpering. No one had hurt us yet.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:13 am
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Lee

I punched the next target in the face, rolled to the side, and knocked the next one's legs out from under him. I stood, switching to human, and admired my handiwork: a room full of stunned students and the shredded remains of ballistic gel dummies. I didn't like the taste of the stuff, but my canines were all I had once they tied my paws up.

I smiled and a few of the people who weren't terrified of me clapped just as the bell rang. I bolted, not sure why I felt tears coming. Thank god next period was lunch. I lunged into wolf form and ran to the hidden courtyard. I never saw anyone else there for some reason, which was weird since it was in plain view. I morphed into human at the last second, sliding on my knees into the center of the garden.

I hid my face in my hands, trying to stop myself. "Lee, shut up! Why are you even crying?" I whispered to myself. "Because no one likes me, that's why, all because of the stupid... lycanthropy!" I half yelled. I wiped at my cheeks, strangling another sob. I slapped myself. "Bad Lee. Bad, bad, baaaad Lee." I muttered, and promptly burst into tears again.

"Why are you crying?" someone asked. I jerked my head up, hands curling into slight fists.

*can be any student*
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Kassia:

I followed Lucius down the hall, scowling. I knew he was only teasing. Grinning, I pushed past him and picked up the speed. I'm so going hunting tonight.

Just as we passed the corridor to the hidden courtyard, I heard crying and decided to take a peek. Lee was on her knees in the middle of the garden, crying.

"Why are you crying?" I asked and startled, she looked up.

I glanced towards Lucius, who stood back from us, still in the corridor. He shrugged and leant against the wall, watching us.

"Lee?" I hedged but she didn't answer. I shrugged and shared a confused look with Lucius. What was this all about?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:49 am
THsavedme says...

Mandy

"mmm i could go for something to eat" i said walking next to Fai. i hadn't had a chance to eat this morning due to a broken alarm clock. "we can skip a few classes, I'm shore it'll be fine, what are you in the mood for" i added with a smile.i wasn't shore if he was hungry for actual food or if he had the thirst for blood. i new that some people walking around us were humans and i giggled at their ignorance. Fai was a very new vampire, and i new that even though the thirst for blood was not as strong for me, it was very strong for him. he brushed his brown hair over to the side, only to have it fall back over his face as he thought. and out of habit i brushed over my blue hair at the same time.

from the out side we looked like regular humans, in fact we blended into this crowd so well that we looked like a regular pair of friends or maybe even a couple. but me and Fai were just friends, best friends actually.

"hmmm...." Fai began
"This song is really a love song, its to fight against
everything against the storm, and against the monsoon
and to do everything for your love."-Bill Kaulitz <3-

83 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 am
View Likes
Durriedog says...

Kate was walking alongside Davine when she, too heard the sobbing. She frowned. Calypso was tencing, but Kate told Davine she'd see her later and trotted into a courtyard.

Lee was on her knees, crying. A confused Kassia and Lucius were standin nearby, obviously at a loss for what to do. Kate ran to Lee's side, threw an arm around her shoulders - hair rose all along her back, this was a werewolf she was comforting - and asked her what's wrong.

"What's up, Hun?" she said softly. She didn't know Lee well, and the werewolf might not even be a friend. Might be an enemy. But as long as she was in the Academy, and as long as they were on the same side of this war, they were allies. And it was not cool that an ally was crying.

"Uh - come on, Lee, let's get your face cleaned up. It's alright."

Kate was scared. Lee wasn't only a werewolf, she was a dangerous and powerful one. But she could take a werewolf, right? She'd been training for years to take down vampires. Swallowing her nerves, Kate helped Lee up, picked up her bag and helped her to a bathroom.

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 am
View Likes

Lee

"You don't have to do this." I told Kate. I knew I made her uncomfortable.

Because I was a werewolf.

The thought made me want to cry again, but I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut until the tears passed. I let out my breath. I took the damp towel Kate was handing me and patted my face. I groaned as I looked at my watch. Five minutes until the bell rang for Magic. Kate patted my shoulder and walked away.

"Wait!" I called after her. She turned around.

"Why do people hate me?"

"Excuse me?"

"Every time someone looks at me, someone who knows what I am, they're terrified. They're afraid to even say hi, because they think I'm some... some uncontrollable monster or something! Why?" I said, angry tears spilling out. Kate looked at her shoes.

"I have to go, Lee." she said softly, and walked away. I sighed carefully, trying not to cry again. I walked slowly to room 306, giving in to the urge to morph. When I got to the class, there was no one there. I curled up in a corner and whimpered, burying my face in my tail.

I refused to be seen crying again. At least, not as a human.

So I would do it as a wolf.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 am
View Likes
sillyducky says...

I walked into room 306, calling for the teacher. "Mr. Alden?"
Suddenly, I heard a whimpering. In the corner, there was a wolf. There was something special about this wolf. Werewolf.

The wolf's eyes pierced me as she looked up. I knew wolves couldn't cry, but for some reason it looked as if she was sad.

I walked over and knelt down next to her. "It's okay," I said, not wanting to touch her for fear of annoying her. I knew werewolves didn't like to be petted very much. The wolf shied away. "I won't be mean to you. Who are you?"

The wolf thought to me, Lee

"Why are you sad?" I asked. The wolf looked surprised for some reason but just turned her head.
"I know when I'm sad," I said, "It helps to think of happy things. I think of when I'm laughing and I think of my rats. Do you want to see one?"
The wolf looked curious, so I pulled Chocolate out of my pocket. "He's my favorite," I said. The wolf sniffed the rat timidly. "You're supposed to be scary," I commented, trying to make conversation.
She looked up.
"I'm supposed to be scary, too. My parents thought I was a demon child. You're not scary though."

I talked to her for a while.
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

57 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:47 am
View Likes

Lee

I thought a smile to the girl and cautiously switched back. She was the first human I had known who knew who I was, but wasn't terrified of me. She paused. "I like rain," I said, walking to the window, through which there was a beautiful overcast sky. "And smoothies, and being a wolf." I smiled at the girl. "I was sad because I'm scary. Everyone hates me for it."

"I don't," she said, taking a seat. I took mine.

"No, you don't," I agreed.

"Do you hunt after school?" she asked, sounding hopeful.

"Usually, after work." I answered, taking out my spiral. The bell was going to ring in thirty seconds.

"Work?"

"Yeah, I work at a Jamba Juice, to pay for my rent," I explained, hushing my voice as the bell rang and Mr. Alder walked in.

It was a good class, and for once, Alder didn't bring up my being a werewolf. When the bell rang, I smiled and thanked the girl- Alissa- and switched to wolf to race back home. When I reached my apartment, I grabbed my hat and apron and raced to JJ (my pet name for Jamba Juice). I tied the apron on, fitting my ponytail through the back of my cap.

"Lee, you been crying?" Hope asked. She was one of the more tenderhearted girls I worked with, and no one could lie to her. NO ONE.

"Yeah, junk at school," I said, waving it away as I checked over our register. As soon as my shift was over, I dashed back to my place and switched my apron and cap out for my weapons set. I strapped a knife to each thigh, and one to each forearm.

Time to go vampire hunting.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:11 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Can we slow it down a little, please? It'd be nice to have some more in-class drama before all the trouble with Declan's coven comes along. :wink:

Kassia:

After Kate and Lee had left the courtyard, I headed straight back to my room. As usual, my room was a mess: I had no idea how I found anything in amongst all the junk.

"I must be crazy," I muttered and trudged over to my closet. "Now where'd I put it? I know I left here somewhere...."

I dug around in my closet a little longer and sighed. I'd skipped Combat and Study today. I'd probably get into trouble later. Oh well, too late now...

Frowning, I moved an old bag of mine out of the way and found it. My dagger, which had been missing all morning, was sitting on top of an old box of toys I'd had ages ago. I snatched it up and glared at the closet. I was always losing things in there.

Eventually I shrugged and turned away, tucking my dagger into my left boot. I had heaps of weapons lying araound and was constantly losing them during my nightly hunting but I didn't mind. It was worth it.

"Time to go," I said and went out into the hall. I wasn't suprised to find Lucius leaning against the wall across from my bedroom door. I groaned. "What are you doing here?" I snapped. "You're not coming with me."

"Yes, I am."

"No," I said sternly and turned my back on him. Ignoring him, I took off down the hall.

"Remember last time you flew solo?" He called after me. "You're going to need backup!"

I threw a glare over my shoulder. "No, I won't! Not if you don't get in my way." As I zipped up my jacket, I muttered, "As long as no body gets in my way, I'll be fine."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:20 am
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Lance Moon~

Sigh.

Wolves could sigh? Who would have thought? Lance, after napping the day away, stood to his feet... well paws, slowly. He was supposed to go to the Academy, to apply for a job as a trainer, but time had gotten away from him. His silver eyes looked around the forest, surveying his surroundings. No jobs today, so why didn't he just wing it? Heck, he might even catch a meal in the process. Letting go a wolfish grin, Lance jogged from his den, shaking his huge head out happily.

The wind howled fiercly, bringing a scent Lance's way. A strong, sweet, honey-like scent mixed with maybe a hint of jasmine. He wasn't sure, but it seemed to have a wolfish-musk to it. A werewolf?

Impossible.

Probably a vampire trying to sneak their way through Lance's territory.

Lance got into a hunting mode, and started his hunt, jaws slathering and killing for a nice hunk of vampire flesh to kill. He ran and ran until finally, the scent stopped. He was right about the source of it.

Without even looking to confirm his thoughts, Lance lunged from his rock, attacking a mass of warm, thick fur.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson