Young Writers Society

Two Worlds Come Together

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:47 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He stared at Luna, eyes wide behind his non-prescription glasses. He hadn't exactly threatened Jason earlier - he had just been pulling him back and somewhat insulting him. Even though he liked to think that he was good at concealing his true self, it was undeniable that it sometimes shone through.

Luna's threat, on the other hand, had been entirely unexpected.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:44 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Jason smirked. "Deal." Then he ruffled Livvie's - who was now bawling her eyes out - hair and left.

Livvie wiped her tears away and smacked her head on the dining table. "We should sleep now."
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

His eyes flashed purple as Jason completely disregarded Livvie's tears, but he made no move to follow the boy.

He turned back to Livvie.

"Sleep sounds like a good idea," he agreed. He couldn't be Levi right now - he couldn't pretend like he didn't notice how much she was hurting. His actual self was slipping through again. Why couldn't he just keep in it?

Then again, a personality slip was nothing compared to the monumental mistake he had just made - it was a miracle that no one had asked him about it yet. Maybe, if he was lucky, they would never ask.

(He doubted that.)

"But, from my experience," he added, giving her a small smile and cleaning his glasses with the cloth he had been using back at the friend's house, "it's never a good asleep to go right to bed after crying."
mage

queer and here.

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:25 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna nodded, "I agree." She cast a small glance at Levi but she made up her mind she will ask him about it later, she didn't miss the powers that came out of him, and she sure did have a few questions to ask. "Let's stay up and talk for a while."
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:20 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie sniffled, rubbed her eyes and looked up. "First things first. What were those?" she looked directly at Levi. She hoped he knew what she was talking about.

If it wasn't... Well, Levi wouldn't be staying in this house a moment longer.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He let out a sigh.

...He should have known that was coming.

He took off his glasses and put them on the table, messing up his hair a little with his hands so he felt a little bit more like himself. His eyes switched from green to purple - there was no point in hiding it now, seeing that he had already given away the most identifying detail.

"That was my magic," he said. As he spoke, he unbuttoned the top two buttons of his collared shirt - he didn't feel like wearing it all buttoned up when he wasn't trying to fit a stereotype. "Some of it, anyways. It's the magic I got from my mom's side."

He looked at Livvie and Luna.

"...I think it's time for me to tell the truth," he said. "I'm not human - not underneath the surface, anyways."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:37 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie's eyes widened at what Levi said. "You're not human?" she whispered, looking at the state of him now. Messy hair, purple eyes, unbuttoned shirt, what else?

Oh, and the glasses.

She held her head in her hands, rubbing her face and then looking back up again, her brown eyes dark with concentration.

616 Reviews

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:53 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

"Your not Human. But I thought I was the only one?" Luna whispered the last part under her breath. This was a shock to her, she thought Levi was a normal human who believed in magic.
Though after what happened she new something was up. "So what are you?"
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Another sigh escaped his lips.

Then he leaned back in his chair, looking the two over for a few moments before offering a reply.

"It's a long story," he admitted. "Right now I'm technically a human, but I wasn't always - I'm actually on my second life right now. In my first one, I was the son of a god and an enderman. If you recognize that word from Minecraft, it's because that's where I used to live. I can still use my powers now, but I don't look the same anymore."

He shifted in his seat a little.

"...Also, I'm technically not part of the L Gang. I am if we're using my current name, but my old was Kartiel - King Kartiel of the End, actually."
mage

queer and here.

616 Reviews

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:08 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna gasped. "But how can you be on your second life? You only get one." She to sat back in her chair a frown on her face and her hands folded over her chest.

That wasn't the thing bugging her at the moment, if what his saying is true why didn't he say something about it in the beginning? She understood why he had to keep his powers under wraps, but a fake name?
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:12 pm
Mageheart says...

He shrugged.

"I'm not really sure," he admitted. "I've guessed for awhile it was because I had unfinished business, but maybe life just wanted to give me a second chance."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:15 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Fake name. Fake looks. Fake personality. What else is fake in you? Can I even trust you anymore?" Livvie said, exasperated.

"Are you even living? Or are you some weird zombie trying to act like a human with a different name, personality..." she smacked her forehead with her hand.

"You are absolutely fake. I bet Jay is better than you. At least he's not being a faker." she scowled, leaning back in her chair.

Realizing what she said, Livvie pursed her lips and closed her eyes. She stayed like that for a while.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:24 pm
Mageheart says...

He groaned.

"I'm trying," he protested. "You don't even know my whole story - did it even occur to you that I might have had a reason for pretending? I was murdered in my last life. I don't want to lose this one by letting the wrong person know that I'm still kicking."

He crossed.

"And not all of it is a lie," he added. "Just...some of it. Levi and Kartiel are both my names. I like Kartiel more because it was my first one, but I was reincarnated - I've grown up being Levi. My looks are mine, too. I just chose to make them look a little more presentable than I would if I wasn't trying to make a good impression."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:29 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie glared at him. "I'm still never trusting you." she muttered. "Nothing you say will make me, Kartiel slash Levi."

Getting up, Livvie grabbed all the dishes and the half empty pasta bowl and put them on the counter. She washed all the plates quickly and put the bowl of pasta in the fridge.

She sat back down.

616 Reviews

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:38 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna watched everything play out, if she said she wasn't shocking by Livvies reaction well she would be lying. She was going to talk to Levi about all that stuff but later not right now. But it liked like Livvie couldn't help herself and went ahead and asked.
Stay Creative!

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci