z

Young Writers Society

Warriors: *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 am
Chupatoasta says...

Stonekit/Oddkit~

Stonekit entwined his tail with Oddkit's as they stepped out of the nursery. Oddkit pressed herself against her brother, untrusting to the other, much meaner kits. They always picked on her for her stripes, but more so for her inability to see out of her right eye. "I don't want to go over there Stonekit. Can we just stay here? Please?" Oddkit begged when they were three fox-lengths away. Stonekit turned to his sister and licked her cheek encouragingly.

"Oh come on Oddkit! They won't mess with you when I'm around. Besides, I really want to fight Smallkit. That last battle really got under my skin." Oddkit rolled her eyes and clubbed her brother behind the ear. She really wasn't one to fight. She was more interested in herbs and helping other cats as a medicine cat. It wasn't that she didn't have what it took to be a warrior, she just didn't have any intrest for it.

Hopefully Hawkfur will accept me as his apprentice. Oddkit smiled at the thought, thinking about the elderly medicine cat in need of an apprentice.

"There she is!" Stonekit cried out a battleyell and ran at the pretty she-kit. Oddkit had always been jealous of Smallkit, as well as the other she-kits. They were all so much prettier than her. With a small sigh, Oddkit sat down and wrapped her fluffy tail around her paws, watching with mild interest as Stonekit and Smallkit rolled across the ground in play. "You're going down this time, whimp!" Stonekit yowled, Smallkit lashing out at him.

"I don't think so!" Smallkit hissed, rolling atop the young tom. Stonekit smirked and did the same to Smallkit. Oddkit smirked as they neared the leader's den. Cloudstar didn't seem to be very fond of kits in his den. Soon, Smallkit and Stonekit had both disappeared into the darkness of the den.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:44 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Smallkit

Stonekit and I landed with a loud thump on the floor of a dark hole in the rocks. I lifted my head, shaking it, as Stonekit got to his feet. Our eyes adjusted to the darkness, and we looked around the den. There was a soft bed of moss in the corner, and another in the back. I thought I saw something scratched on the wall in the back of the den. Squinting, I made out something that looked like tally marks.
"What is this place?" Stonekit murmured.
"This is the leader's den," A voice came from just outside the door as Stonekit and I whipped around. There was a pure white cat standing there with deep amber eyes. "And I suggest you scurry along before you're punished." He growled. Stonekit and I fled, hearing him growl behind us as we did.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:17 am
phantom of the potter says...

Sparrowkit

Sparrowkit woke up slowly from his leisurely nap inside a hollow log. Sparrowkit yawned widely, stretching out his claws absently. He poked his head out of the log, looking around the clearing for other kittens.

Sparrowkit only saw one. Oddkit. Sparrowkit crouched, his teeth bared playfully. With a few bounding leaps, Sparrowkit jumped out to scare Oddkit from behind.

Oddkit gave a startled mew, staring wildly at Sparrowkit. Sparrowkit danced around Oddkit for a moment, panting. "Come on!" he cried, swatting at her jokingly. "Come on! Play!" Oddkit stared nervously down at Sparrowkit, her ears slightly back.

"Hey!" came a angry cry from behind Sparrowkit. Sparrowkit spun around, surprised. Stonekit and Smallkit were trotting toward Sparrowkit. Stonekit looked angry. Sparrowkit's ears fell nervously.

**Hope this is okay.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:57 am
Chupatoasta says...

Oddkit~

Oddkit dropped her ears back as Sparrowkit pranced around her, looking for a little tussle. Just by his appearance as a kit, Oddkit could tell he'd be a handsome tom. Of course, though, she shouldn't have been thinking about that. For Starclan's sake she was Oddkit. No tom would give a second look at her unless it was of utter disgust. Not even her own father had wanted her.

Oddkit, however, simply sat there, acting dumb and looking shy and nervous like she always seemed to be. A medicine cat must have authority. She sighed at her adoptive-mother's words, and arched her brow, (if cats had eyebrows) her pelt twitching with the yearn for a fight. Right before she showed any motive for a tiny play fight, Stonekit came prancing out of the leader's den, his fur standing on end. His eyes met Oddkit's and his haunches instantly rose.

"I-" Oddkit began, looking quickly at Sparrowkit.

"Hey!" Stonekit's small, but demanding yowl cried from his spot halfway between the leader's den and the spot where Oddkit and Sparrowkit sat. "What do you think you're doing with my sister?" His lips rose over his teeth as a growl ripped from his throat.

"N-nothing!" Sparrowkit defended, his ears flat back as he stepped into a defensive stance. "I only wanted to play with Oddkit, but she just sat there! I wasn't picking on her or anything!" Another growl made its way out of Stonekit's mouth.

"I doubt that," he snarled.

"Hey, Stonekit, come on." Smallkit stepped in, defending her brother. "This is Sparrowkit we're talking about. You know he wouldn't be mean to Oddkit," Stonekit's ears fell back and his growling slowly began to quiet.

"I guess," he spat, glowering at the blue and orange kit whose sister was glaring back at Stonekit.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:44 pm
Calligraphy says...

I am not sure how to start. I know that Featherkit isn't part of the six, but is mud kit? And if she isn't part of the six what should she do?

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:50 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

I forgot to list the skills...Yikes! Here they are!

Smallkit>> Fighting and recieving messages from StarClan- Is pretty much the leader of the kits on their quest to save the forest.
Flamekit>> Medicine and Herb-scenting
Moonkit>> Hunting and Stalking (prey) ^^
Thornkit>> Keeping secrets and Doing the Right Thing
Sparrowkit>> Getting into mischief and planning battles out
Maplekit>> Speed and agility

If these aren't the kind you wanted......Well, you're SBers, you can figure it out ^^
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:15 pm
meggwriting says...

Moonkit yawned and blinked her heather-colored open. She tilted her ears toward a sound outside of the den. Voices. She yawned once more, and stretched, purring as her muscles began to relax. With a slight wobble in her step, she walked out into the bright daylight. Over by the Leader's den she could see the other kits. Even though she wanted to join them, she hesitated. Stonekit didn't look very happy...

Well, I'll just leave if he snaps at me, Moonkit thought, determinedly walking over to the other kits. She stopped a foot away and sat down, cocking her head in their direction. She wondered what Stonekit was so mad about anyway, but that almost made her laugh. She clenched her teeth and choked back the laugh, when wasn't Stonekit mad?
Everybody sing like it’s the last song you will ever sing,
(Tell me, tell me do you feel the pressure?)
Everybody live like it’s the last day you will ever see.
(Tell me, tell me do you feel the pressure?)
~Paramore (because I'm a parawhore)

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:40 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Smallkit

I looked sternly from Stonekit to Sparrowkit. Oddkit sat by and didn't do anything. I gave her a sharp look and turned back to Stonekit.
"Sparrowkit was only playing. Oddkit is old enough so that you don't have to take care of her anymore." Stonekit gave me a look of surprise, and sat down, his ears still folded back. Moonkit was standing to the side, her shoulders shaking so that it looked as if she were laughing. I glanced at Sparrowpaw, then turned to pad away toward the nursery. I was tired, and I needed a good nap. I snuggled up against Raincloud and sighed, then I faded into the blackness.

Smallkit... I heard a voice. I opened my eyes and found myself in a clearing, surrounded by trees. The scents of prey and cats were everywhere. "Who--Who's there?" I said, my voice shaking. Smallkit, said the voice. We have been waiting for you. Come forward, let us see you. I looked around nervously, and slowly padded up a few tail lengths. The breeze grew warm, and the air in front of me shimmered. The little lights gathered into the shape of four cats, and with a blinding light and gust of wind, they were before me. The one on the far left had a blue hue to her fur, and the one next to her was bright orange. Next to him was a tan tabby with a white muzzle and feet, and next to him was a she-cat who looked as if she was from LeopardClan. As I gaped at these cats, the blue one spoke.
"Greetings, Smallkit." She purred. "My name is Bluestar, former leader of ThunderClan. My friends here are Firestar of ThunderClan, OneStar of WindClan, and Leopardstar of RiverClan." As she motioned with her tail to these cats, they all gave me a sort of happy-yet-sympathetic look. I turned my attention back to Bluestar as she continued.
"You and your siblings are special, Smallkit. We have given you each a gift, but you will find out what they are later in your lives. The forest is in danger, my dear. You and your brothers and sisters must find him, and bring him down before it is to late." I stared at them as Firestar then spoke.
"Act quickly, Smallkit. Get them ready. Cloudstar has your mentors, and they will teach you well."

Another blast of wind and light, and these cats were gone.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:12 am
Junglelover says...

Thegirlwholived wrote:I forgot to list the skills...Yikes! Here they are!

Smallkit>> Fighting and recieving messages from StarClan- Is pretty much the leader of the kits on their quest to save the forest.
Flamekit>> Medicine and Herb-scenting
Moonkit>> Hunting and Stalking (prey) ^^
Thornkit>> Keeping secrets and Doing the Right Thing
Sparrowkit>> Getting into mischief and planning battles out
Maplekit>> Speed and agility

If these aren't the kind you wanted......Well, you're SBers, you can figure it out ^^

Hey, just because my kit's name is Flamekit, doesn't mean that he has to be like the other in shadowclan! Just kidding, I guess I'm fine with it.
Sorry I haven't posted yet, but I will! But, I won't post that much this week because a have a church thing and then reunion to go to. So, sorry if you don't hear from me!
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

What? What kit in ShadowClan? I never remembered one...

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:11 pm
Junglelover says...

Never mind. Sorry it took so long to post! I hope this isn't dead!
One question about the dream, Who are we supposed to find in the forest?

Flamekit
"Mouse dung!" I said as I landed on a leaf, instead of the mouse I was being so careful to hunt. Nobody else was out here, I was all by myself. If any one finds me out here, I'm going to be in trouble! I thought.I better get back! I picked up the other mouse I caught and trotted though the woods, and into the tunnel to the dirt place. I came out and saw the other kits, having a loud conversation in the middle of the clearing. The elders are going to be mad! I walked over to the fresh kill pile, without anyone seeing. They will kill me if they knew!
I trotted over to the rest and sat a ways back. I sat quietly until one of them noticed me, "Oh, hi Flamekit how long have you been there?" Asked Maplekit.
"A bit, I was just walking around and sat down."
"Oh,"
"Sparrowkit, want to race?" I asked.
"Sure!"

Sorry it's so short!
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Smallkit

I awoke with a jolt. The musky evening air was flooding the nursery. I held my ears tense and my eyes wide. Jumping over Raincloud, I hurtled out of the den, only to ram into Stonekit. Of course, he thought I tackled him, so he took defense. As he gripped the scruff of my neck, I let out a yowl.
"Let go! Let go of me!" Stonekit took a few seconds to release, but when he did, I looked around wildly for my littermates. Spotting them behind the nursery, I sprinted to where they were all talking, giving each other devious looks.
"Guys! Guys, you have to hear this!!" I panted. They all just stared at me, the Maplekit slowly mewed, "Go on." So I began to tell them about my dream.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:31 pm
Stori says...

Thornkit

"So, we're supposed to... save the forest?"

Smallkit nodded, her eyes shining. When no cat spoke, she looked a little put out.

"It isn't that we doubt you..." Stonekit began. "I mean, not if it the dream's really a message
from StarClan."

Sounds like doubt to me, I thought. Before I could say anything, Raincloud emerged from
the nursery. "What're you kits talking about?"

18 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:09 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Smallkit

"Raincloud!" I stammered, racking my brain for something to say. "We were just--" My voice trailed off as Maplekit leapt forward.
"Smallkit was telling us about how we're destined to save the forest!" Raincloud's face became clouded with an emotion I couldn't read. It was quickly covered by a look of amusement. She chuckled and mewed, "Well, you kits have fun!" And padded off. As soon as she was gone I whipped around to glare at Maplekit.
"You almost gave us away!" I hissed. "Oh, please, Smallkit, be realistic," she retorted. "StarClan doesn't send dreams to kits." I backed up a few steps. "You...You don't believe me?" I muttered, half to myself. "Well, honestly Smallkit--" I couldn't hear the rest of her words, for I had turned around and stormed out of the dirtplace tunnel, not caring that I was heading for the forest. I was going to save it, right? How dangerous could it be? I was sure nothing would hurt me.

And StarClan, was I wrong.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:56 pm
eldEr says...

Maplekit

I sighed, turned around and trotted off in the other direction. I'm not saying I didn't believe in dreams, but...if it was true, then why did I never get these sort of dreams? I was important, too, wasn't I?

And now you're jealous. My subconscious scolded.

Well, who's to say it did happen? How could I be jealous if I didn't believe her? I shook my head and looked up at a near-by tree. I could disapear into those leaves and be hidden from everybody for as long as I wanted. That or I could go back and appologize.

I chose my first option and scampered up the bark, taking time to admire it. I don't know why, but I've always found tree-bark to be somewhat...fascinating. Or maybe it was the moss on the bark that really got my attention, I wasn't quite so sure. I just liked it.

I chose a thick branch, completely surrounded by leaves. I would be safe here, and I could sulk in peace for as long as I wanted.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper