z

Young Writers Society

The Interdimensional Spaceship

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:50 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

Blue Twitter Bird von Pink Rabbit's Foot Keychain couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. Of course he'd been thrown in this place with people who didn't know about the thousands of universes other than their own. "Hast tha never—" He paused, having noticed his own slip back into dialect. "Have you never heard of The Wheel? Of the 777,777?" His tone was still neutral, even as his voice became increasingly sandpapery. "Do I have to spell it out for you as if you were a child?"
"yeet"
- albert einstein

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:01 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Sure!" Taber said, pinching the person with the mask. It was always good to be nice to strangers.

"And what's that all about?" Taber said, turning to the blue person. "Is that like a wagon wheel, with the spokes and the axle and stuff? Those are kinda cool!"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:15 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Ow!" Dante started, standing up straight, "that blasted hurt, dog-man!" She clutched her arm and yelped at the man, an unidentifiable accent slipping into her words as her temper ignited.

"I didn't mean literally, ya knumbskull."
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Her eyebrow twitched. It usually did that when she was dealing with Haggar these days, so it was a sure sign that she was growing all the more annoyed with this situation. She didn't like how little she knew about what was going on, and she especially didn't like how her apparent new companions were acting. The bickering going on was one reason to be annoyed, but she was used to bickering thanks to her time in the Galra's main fleet. No, it was the condensing tone that the man with the horns used that irritated her the most - it wasn't her fault she didn't know what he was talking about. Better yet, she wasn't a child. She knew she didn't look her age, but she had been around since long before the fall of Altea. She was undoubtedly older than him, dang it. She wasn't some naive kid.

"No, I haven't heard of that," she said. "And I've been perfectly fine without it, thank you very much."

She turned around, armored feet hitting the metal floor underneath her as she started to head down the hallway. "I'm going to go find out some more information about this ship, so have fun dealing with the ghost, horny man."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:58 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Ardeshir Ellonhav: a nearly seven-foot-tall, tanned giant, Ari is a massive, muscular brute. Scars mark his body in many places and there's no doubt he's a veteran of combat. He wears a tattered shirt and pants, without shoes.

Ari jumped to his feet as he awoke, slamming his head into the ceiling light above him and wincing, rubbing his hurting scalp. He blinked and looked down the hall. This certainly wasn't where he'd fallen asleep. He wished James was there. James always made things made sense. Or had a plan for when they didn't.

He wandered down the hall.

"-ying or or anything like that, but it's probably close enough?" a voice was saying down the corridor.

"Someone pinch me," a quieter, more feminine mumbled as he turned the corner and found himself face-to-face with a masked, one-eyed woman, who he thought looked very scary. Then again, Rosaleen looked scary, too, but he loved her anyways!

"Hi!" he beamed. "I'm Ardeshir, but you can call me Ari!" He stuck out a massive, muddy hand towards her.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:21 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Taber tilted his head. "I'm not a dog-man," he said, "I'm a wolf-man. There's a very big difference there. But sorry! I'm not very good at literal things, but also, this feels like a dream to me, so that's why I did it?" He laughed anxiously. "It's definitely a dream, yep."

He quickly turned around and ran after the purple lady. "I want to look for things too!" he said. "You said this is a ship, right? It's a really weird ship, though. Where's the water and the rocking side to side and stuff?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:27 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

Horny Man — Blue Twitter Bird von Pink Rabbit's Foot Keychain, rather — facepalmed. He didn't say anything about the new nickname; he was used to being called far worse. "Listen," He said, his tone less neutral and more annoyed than before. "It's just— Ugh."

He pulled a book seemingly out of nowhere, and small paper figures —tiny men that looked more like cut-out silhouettes than anything else — formed a wall in front of the purple one. "Sorry for being a jerk and all that, but we need to stick together. Trust me when I say that not all ghosts are nice." A pause. The wall of paper men bristled, then retreated back between the pages of Blue's book, which he shut and put away. "And your blaster will do nothing against them. "
"yeet"
- albert einstein

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:30 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
James is a wiry guy of average height with dark blue eyes, thick auburn hair, and a resting b-face. His current outfit looks cowboy-ish, with a blue button-up, a leather jacket, jeans, and boots. He's even got a hat. He wouldn't be complete without his gun. Here's a pic (of him without-hat) if you're a visual person.

James felt the cold, hard floor beneath him as a stark contrast to the sleeping bag and soft dirt that had been underneath him when he'd first fallen asleep. At this point, after enough strange occurrences of waking up in places that weren't normal, he already knew what was going on. At least, to some degree. I.E. he was in some sort of place he didn't belong, and it could've been anywhere in the universe, and he was going to have to figure out how to get home. Be it puzzles or mysteries or whatever, it was going to be another headache of a time.

So it was only natural he woke up with one.

He peeled himself off the ground with an already frustrated groan, and began to look around. Things were foreign. He was in some kind of metal building or contraption, and everything seemed... artificial. There was no sun. Just lights. He knew enough by now to know they were powered by electricity, probably, unless this was further into the future than he was familiar with.

Was this the kind of stuff Maahes was talking about? As he got up, he began to wonder if this was the kind of place Maahes might've been familiar with. But then he got distracted by the distant sound of voices echoing down the hall towards him. Muttering under his breath, he approached the growing group of strangers. Unsurprisingly, most of them looked alien to him. At this point in his life, he wasn't phased. But then he stopped suddenly when he saw a familiar face. His heart skipped a beat.

"Ari?" he said quietly. "What the hell-"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:33 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"PHILIP-LIAM-TIBERIUS-PHILIP-JAMES!" he cried, racing past Dante and grabbing James in a huge hug. "I THOUGHT I'D NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN OH MY GOD YOU'RE ALIVE!"

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:38 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James let out a quiet wheeze as Ari proceeded to squeeze the living daylights out of him. His arms, pinned against him, were in no position to return the hug, so he just had to receive it. He gave Ari a strained pat on his side.

"It's good to see you too," he wheezed. "And you can just use James now. There's no way anyone here will care about who I am."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:40 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"YAY!" he grinned and released James, clapping his hands excitedly. "I've been stopping bad guys, James, while you were gone!"

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:03 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Dante opened her mouth to retort, her arms still throbbing. However, she was interrupted by a giant, dirty man introducing himself. She glanced down at Ari's outstretched hand before wearily graping his fingertips in a half-hearted shake.

"Pleasure. My name is Dan-" she was cut off once again by the giant rushing to embrace the newcomer. "-te." She finished quietly.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:18 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James looked down at himself, now covered in a layer of mud that Ari had shared with him via hug. He sighed, flicking some off his arm and to the ground. He heard the quiet words of the person behind Ari get mumbled as Ari's focus was quickly diverted to himself.

He put a hand on Ari's arm, walking forward towards the masked girl that had a small amount of mud on her hand. It seemed that in Ari's excitement to greet him, he'd probably left the girl mid-conversation, or something to that degree.

"That's wonderful to hear, Ari," he said with a small smile. "I'm proud of you. Now uh - Dante, was it?" he asked as he approached her. "I'm James. This is Ari. We're old friends, and it's been a while," he said in way of an explanation for their brief spectacle of affection.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Here I am, throwing Maahes and Sune into the mix, because I love both of my sons and Maahes needs to be where James is. It's a rule. Maahes currently has dark brown hair that goes down to his shoulders in the back, with a small braid running down one side of his face. He currently has bright green eyes, and a little bit of stubble on his chin. His clothes consist of a tunic, plain light brown pants and boots. Sune is similarly dressed, with the same color eyes and black hair. Maahes is slightly taller than Sune, and they bear an odd resemblance to each other - almost like they are related.

When he woke up, it was to someone desperately shaking him and whispering in his ear. Which caused him to immediately shoot up and slam his forehead into the forehead of the person shaking him, as he wasn't exactly supposed to be able to pass out in the first place.

Both he and the person recoiled back in pain.

Clutching his forehead, he turned to see who had shook him. It turned out to be Sune - not that he was too surprised, since they had been out together before ending up here. "Maahes," he said, his voice a frantic whisper, "we're not alone and I don't know how we got here and I really don't like the looks of the people here and-" Sune paused, then took a deep breath. "I'm scared."

Maahes removed his hand from his forehead, looked around, then turned back to Sune. "It'll be okay-" he started to reassure him, only to stop when he caught sight of one of the people present. No. It couldn't be, could it? He hadn't seen him since he had ended up in Nye with Cameron - how long ago had that been? Getting unsteadily to his feet, he started to head over in his friend's direction. Sune hurried to his feet and ran after him as well, peeking out from behind him as he came to a stop in front of James Hawke.

"James?" Maahes incredulously said.

xXx

Runi turned around and leveled a glare in the horned man's direction. "Really?" she asked. "Really? Did you seriously just use some crazy space magic just to get me to stop? You do realize you could have just asked me, right?"

She crossed her arms for good measure. "Someone would think that you were the Galra from the way that you just acted."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:29 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"OH MY GODS YOU KNOW HIM TOO?" Ari exclaimed, jumping and hitting his head on the ceiling again. He put a hand to his skull after the loud thud but didn't stop talking excitedly. "WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS!"

he/him/his

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro