z

Young Writers Society

The Underground City

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:41 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Sounds good to me." Sevy shrugged and faced the building, admiring the the large ledges on each of the windows. "Lead the way."
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Telós looked around at the others present, then promptly marched over to Bo and grabbed onto his arm. "Bo and I should lead the way!" he decided, trying and - naturally - failing to once again move Bo in the direction he was trying to get him to go. "After all, we're the ones who were already here."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:53 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo laughed, and let himself be dragged once again after letting Telós give a few good attempts at tugging. "Sure, sounds good to me."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:15 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Enide shook her head ever so slightly. It was still hard to believe that Telós, the smaller and more eccentric of the two (him and Bo), was the god. But, if he wanted to go explore the building, Enide didn't see a reason to disagree. Perhaps her husband, or someone else she recognized, was wandering around in there. She doubted this was a setup to a trap - it was too clunky and complex to be one - but she reached for her sword as she entered the building. She didn't pull it out yet; there was no need to. Even though she could faint noises at the edge of her hearing.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

9 Reviews

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:42 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Sevy followed the two men into the building, coughing a bit from all the dust. Right away, he heard a distant sound that sounded like a cat's meow. He instantly perked up from his slouch.

"Ohmygods." He spluttered in a whisper, a grin stretching across his face, "yes! Cats!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He's doing it again, Lex thought, keeping his eyes on Telós as he led them down the hallway with Bo in tow.

What?

You know, Lex vaguely replied.

From the growl on Aleks' part, he apparently had no idea what he was talking about. Lex let out a mental sigh; they had definitely discussed this at least once. It wasn't like they could march over to the gods and talk about it with them. They barely saw them these days, and it was always really awkward walking through the Nether once everyone realized the strange player was just the wither skeleton who had terrorized the place for months.

He's putting up a facade, Lex finally explained, giving a small nod of the head in Telós' direction that hopefully no one noticed. I can't tell if it's to distract him or the other people here, but he's taking this way too well.

I don't blame him, Aleks said. If I didn't have you, I'd probably turn out the same way.

...Was that actually a nice comment from you-

Yes! Stop gloating about it, you b******. I'm just telling the truth. I might hate you-

Now that's not nice.

-but you do...help sometimes. Telós just keeps all of his guilt to himself. He's got to burst soon, and it's not going to be pretty.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:18 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Eugh, that smelled like a ruse. The cats she were familiar with weren't exactly friendly. But, considering that might lead her to someone she knew, she kept on walking. Besides, it didn't seem to be a ruse from the usual suspects. Other than Lexal's nod to the god, which was a few seconds too late and likely just coincidental, they appeared completely oblivious. She'd have to keep an eye on the god, though - Lexal couldn't hide things well, but, if Telós could convince her he wasn't a god, he could be much more secretive.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:01 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Cats?" Bo looked back at Sevy, then back ahead. "Just like... random cats?"

9 Reviews

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:32 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

He bit his lip, a little embarrassed that he had just said that aloud.
"Uh, I just- thought I heard one." He tilted his head, trying to catch the noise- it eventually came again, from a different direction.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:47 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Telós heard it too - it was a sound that took a little bit of time to recognize, due to the infrequent amount of times he had actually run into cats while visiting Hero. But he eventually figured out what exactly the noise was, and he joined Sevy in searching for the mysterious feline.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:37 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Enide silently pulled her sword out. Her safest bet was still staying with the rest of the group, but the change in location of the noise made her intensely suspicious. She hoped she was wrong - she rarely was, but this was an unusual place.

9 Reviews

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:42 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Sevy clicked his tongue, walking carefully through the dark building. He tried to keep the rest of the group in sight, but diverged down the hallway closest where he had heard the meows.

"Here, kitty kitty.." he whispered softly.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lexal already had their sword ready, so there was no need for him to suggest that they bring it out. All that he had to do was get his own prepared. He closed his eyes and focused for the briefest of moments. He opened them. The hilt of a golden sword rested firmly in his hands.

Though the group had already gone down a hallway, he turned around and started to head where Sevy was going. The boy was completely unprotected at the moment, and Telós knew how deceiving old places like this could be. It may have sounded like a cat, but there was nothing to say that it actually was.

He could hear people following him. Probably Lexal, and maybe some of the others as well.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:31 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Sevy was distantly aware of a couple of others following behind him- he was focused on locating the sound. Now that he was closer to the animal's call, though it kept changing direction around him, he thought he recognized the raspy note in it. It would be too much to hope for what he was thinking, he knew, but he couldn't help jumping to conclusions. At the end of the room, he could see a gleam of eyes. He stepped closer.

"Gordon?" He called softly.

A figure bound towards him, and as it caught the glow of streetlights from a window, it was clear that it was a kitten. A few feet away from Sevy, it suddenly leaped. It morphed in the air, growing about five times its size and turning a shifting coal black.It's eyes flashed red as it crashed into Sevy, knocking him flat on his back.

Sevy laughed in delight as the demon creature licked his skin roughly.

"How'd you get here? I thought I told you to go back to where you came from." He tweaked it's ears affectionately.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo, who had been following quietly behind Sevy, smiled in surprise at the appearance of the feline.

"Oh! A magic cat! That's awesome!"

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic