Young Writers Society

Hell in a Handbasket

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She shrugs. "Celtic is my personal favorite, actually. Apollo and Artemis were just easier to shorten and yell than the Celtic ones for the most part."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Mageheart says...

Celtic mythology was one that he wasn't as acquainted with, seeing that there was an odd lack of Goa'uld that took up the names of their deities, but he politely nodded and took a step away from Apollo.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:04 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She heads inside, the dogs on her tail. It's a small, cabin-like house, but cozy and comfortable. "Stay inside at night," Rowan tells him. "Don't go out alone. This place is very, very wild, and there are a lot of things that wouldn't think twice before eating you. There's some eggs in the fridge for breakfast. Be up at first light, the animals wake and eat with the dawn. There's horses, chickens, the dogs,
a mule, and a couple goats to take care of. I'll deal with the hawk. Don't go in there unless I give you explicit permission." she gestures to a closed door to their left. "It's where all the wild animals I take care of are. There isn't exactly a rehab facility so I end up taking them in."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:34 am
Mageheart says...

He looked down at his hand. He doubted he would taste good if something tried to eat him, but he knew he could never tell Rowan that. He would just have to follow her rules and stay out of trouble. It hopefully wouldn't be long until he had the supplies he needed to fix The Lotus, and then he could return to enacting his revenge.

Then again, a rebellious little side of him mused, you'll probably never come back here. You never checked things out before because you didn't want to get discovered - isn't this the perfect opportunity to do what you've always wanted to?
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

This doesn't escape her, but she doesn't press him. "Blankets are in the closet, couch is right there. Get your sleep, tomorrow's a long day."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 am
Mageheart says...

He grabbed the blankets and tried to get as comfortable as he could on the couch. It wasn't a bad piece of furniture, but he had always struggled to find a position that one would use when sleeping. "Thank you again," he said as he readjusted the covers. "I really appreciate it."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:54 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"No problem." She heads into her own room, closing the door.

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:38 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
Tag me when I come back in
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:12 am
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Will do, if she shows up first in my posts! I'm guessing she probably won't, but I could be wrong.

After she closed the door to her room, he stared up at the ceiling. He hated moments like these. While he tried his best to avoid having to "sleep" in a place where others could easily see him, he always seemed to end up in them. He gave a bitter smile into the darkness. That's what I get for traveling so much.

Moments like this meant time to reminisce on the past, and that was exactly what he didn't want to do. He didn't want to think of Jackie. He didn't want to think of Annie. He didn't want to think of Ra, or of the Ancients that had raised him. Traveling on The Lotus usually meant time to reflect, but he could always think about what he was about to discover. Thinking of what he needed to fix on his ship wasn't as enjoyable.

This won't be for long, he tried to convince himself, but he knew that it would.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:37 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The dogs mill around for a while before finally curling up half next to and half on top of each other and finally getting to sleep.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 pm
Mageheart says...

At some point during the night, he decided that he needed to stretch his legs. Laying in one place for a long period of time didn't just allow him time to think; it made his essence ache even more than it already did. He couldn't change his guise in the living room. With his luck, Rowan would wander out and find a complete stranger sitting on her couch. But the bathroom presented a nice alternative to that. It would just be a matter of finding where it was.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

As he stirs, he wakes up the dogs, who blink at him wearily.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:21 pm
Mageheart says...

"I'm sorry," he whispered to the dogs. He leaned down and gave Apollo's head a little pat. "I just needed to use the bathroom. I didn't mean to wake the two of you up." He knew his words would be meaningless to the two canines, but he had always been one to talk to animals.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:30 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The dog snorts and rolls over, closing his eyes again as Artemis gives him a death glare.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:06 pm
Mageheart says...

He left the dogs with a little smile. After several more minutes of searching, he finally stumbled on the bathroom. He eagerly shut the door behind him. He started to change his guise, only to remember that Rowan could walk in at any moment. He turned. Making sure that the door was locked, he adopted his other most frequent guise: a man with scarlet hair. He gave a little stretch. It felt good to change his form. He reverted back to his original guise. Then he repeated the process several more times, eager to escape the constant ache that accompanied being in this plane of existence.

He let out a heavy breath, and then resumed the form Rowan knew him as. It was time to go back to "sleep" - though the thought of laying out on the couch for several more hours was far from pleasant.
mage

queer and here.

Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle