z

Young Writers Society

Time Turnes Backwards DT

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:44 pm
Carina says...

If they characters are determined to do it and someone might know how, then I'm all for it. :)

Just curious, though: what if the character is not in their past-selves timeline? What would they be doing? Or would they look for their past selves, then help others find it? I'm assuming the latter.
Cleared up with therealme. :]
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

saint carina, patron saint of rp
—SilverNight

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:44 pm
StoneHeart says...

Okay, so this is seeming interesting. er.

:D

Reserve a spot for me! I'll post my profile ASAP.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:44 pm
View Likes
Mjdwrite says...

How are our characters supposed to know when they find their past self?
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:04 am
artsy says...

Question! How important does our 'past life' character have to be in terms of their role in history?

I ask this because my character is an avid Buddhist, and I was thinking of making one of her past incarnations Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha. If that's a bit too extreme, I could make her a regular Tibetan Buddhist monk, but I wanted to check in before I typed anything up in that area.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:11 am
therealme says...

Good question.
Maybe the characters have dreams about their past life? Maybe because everyone else can see them except that certain person? Maybe they just know? Maybe there's a special way of telling them apart from everyone else... like a special feeling when you're in their presence?

I kind of left that one blank so that we could all come up with ideas :)

And @BlackNether12, I'll sign you up!

By the way everyone, I've made another rule (because I'm mean like that). Now that we have 10 character spots taken and only one person (me) has made a character, I think there should be a rule saying:

If you don't create your character before the time period of, let's just say, three days time, then I will have to take away your reserved spot.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

60 Reviews

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 am
therealme says...

@artsy,
Yes, you can have a big role in your past life. Your past-life can be as well-known as Caesar or as unknown as a filthy peasant.

But if you do have a past-life that is well-known, please try and do some research on that person. Not saying that you need every single fact to be exact (after all, this is a storybook, not a history assignment), but for example, if your well-known past-life died from getting stabbed in the back, then make sure your past-life character's death is a stab in the back. You get it?
Last edited by therealme on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

45 Reviews

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:37 am
View Likes
artsy says...

I get you. Thanks for clearing that up! ^.^
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

45 Reviews

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:17 am
artsy says...

Okay, posted up Sebastian's profile. Does it meet up to all the requirements?
~
Will Review For Food

60 Reviews

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:02 am
therealme says...

Yes! :D I love Buddhism so much. If i had to chose a religion, I would pick Buddhism.
Just one thing, isn't 'Sebastian' a boys name?

45 Reviews

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:50 pm
View Likes
artsy says...

Yes xD Most of my characters have out there personalities, and I usually chose names based on that. Plus, Sebastian is somewhat of a tomboy, so I thought to actually fit her description of giving her one. I was thinking about giving her the female counterpart to it, Sébastienne, but thought it would be kept simple like that.
~
Will Review For Food

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:12 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

I just want to note that I am still interested in this, and I'll hopefully be posting my profile tomorrow :)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

60 Reviews

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:07 am
therealme says...

Okay people, so we have some unanswered questions that I think we should all discuss:

How can the group save their lives from getting destroyed by meeting up with their past lives? How do they know that they can save themselves by doing that?
This is just another one of my ideas, but possibly the group runs into some crazy old historian/scientist guy who tells them his theories on how he knew time would go backwards, and how to stop it. I reckon this guy should then give them the thing (assuming it's an object) that allows them to not grow younger through time rewind. Of course the historian/scientist guy wouldn't give this amazing ability to just anyone, so maybe he was old and dying and we were the only people around at the time (and he didn't want it to go to waist), or maybe one of us was his friend/student or something.
As for being able to save their lives from getting destroyed, i don't really know. I've left some questions like this blank so that we can all contribute and come up with ideas, that way we can all feel like it's OUR storybook and not just my storybook :)
But just to answer the question, I think maybe they somehow have to 'change' the past to create a new future. Woah, that just sounded like some sort of awesome riddle haha.

How do they know who their past-life selves are?
For this I was thinking maybe they start to have dreams about their past life. The dreams would go in order, starting from the beginnings of their past-life, and eventually progressing right up until their death. These dreams will only be snippets of their life here and there. Once the present-life self has gathered enough information from the dreams, s/he will then be able to guess who their past-life was.

Please, please, please share your genius ideas! If you have better ones than mine or just feel the need to suggest something go ahead :)

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:13 pm
niteowl says...

Sorry, but I'm going to go ahead and un-reserve my spot. This does sound very interesting, but I don't know how much time I'll have and I should probably focus on other things. Have fun! :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

60 Reviews

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:25 pm
therealme says...

Yeah sure that's fine, it's good that you are honest about it :)
Besides, we need writers that will post frequently. I completely understand your reasons. I'll un-reserve your spot.

60 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 am
therealme says...

Okay guys, we now have 8 characters! :D
Who wants to start the storybook now?

The person who has no opinion will seldom be wrong.
— Anonymous