z

Young Writers Society

The King's Quest DT

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 06, 2013 3:44 pm
KeiPie says...

I like these ideas. I had planned on doing those kinds of things more than battles anyhow. If anyone was around when I did an SB called The Challenge, I planned for it to be more like that. Good ideas and keep up the good work!
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon May 06, 2013 5:35 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

@Hopkin

My latest post, with the shaking the hand of the elf.. No, I didn't have your character in mind. It was somebody completely random and the first race that came to mind. Sorry, I wasn't aware of the Elves high-level of hygiene.

Also, you mentioned that you weren't sure if I was talking about your Elf. So I hope your characters perception of Titch directly after wasn't meant to be passive aggressive. ^^,

Sorry for any confusion!

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 pm
Hopkin says...

@onedarkhorizon Hey just thought it was mine because I didn't think there were any other male elves, because no one wanted to be one besides me.

And no, he just thought she was kind of rude to his polite gesture, not a real big deal, and I thought it would be funny if he didn't really like Titch at first, because of her kind of character.
No confusion! thanks for clearing, and I do think that there is only one male elf, but I haven't seen anyone else bring in any other elves, so who knows if there are anymore out there> ;)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon May 06, 2013 9:21 pm
Iggy says...

I apologize for not getting a post in. I have a headache, I'm still in class, I have choir practice like crazy, and it's the last three weeks of school. My life is hectic right now, and I'm not even afraid to admit that I am so confused on everything that's going on here.

Anyone want to kinda summarize and help me out here? :-/
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue May 07, 2013 12:00 am
Dakushau says...

@Ignorance: Basically we finished the meeting, Marlon became the leader, Doe was appointed quartermaster, and everyone was sent to their rooms to pack.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 am
Griffinkeeper says...

@KiePie

I really liked your post between Lief and the King. Particularly this bit:

"A human," the king mumbled. "They had to pick a human, the most corrupt of all species."

I think this off hand comment should become a little seed of suspicion in Lief's mind, that Marlon isn't to be trusted. I think we should grow it. Perhaps you can include a bit, where the King wants Lief to spy on Marlon for him?

As a spy, Marlon is a corrupter, but I think that his knowledge of how to twist people gives him a greater appreciation for real loyalty. What he's going to try doing over the next couple of pages is developing a mental list of who he can actually trust and those that would sell him out, whether they could help it or not.

If they can be trusted, Marlon will include them in his plans. If they can't, then he'll tell them lies and let them disseminate false information to whoever might be watching and listening.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

28 Reviews

Tue May 07, 2013 4:37 pm
KatKage says...

*Doesn't go on YWS for one day and everyone posts <u>''''* (I had almost no free time yesterday, sorry <u>'')

So, I'm a little confused <u>'' What exactly is going on? <u>''''' *Is fairly certain they're about to leave <u>'''* *and that her character didn't get a part/no one knows he's there <u>''*

If that's the case though, that they aren't even aware of his being there, then that can work :3

*Has a plan >u>*
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

5 Reviews

Tue May 07, 2013 5:41 pm
KeiPie says...

@Griffinkeeper

Thanks! I enjoyed writing that post. Sure I can add something in... But if Leif is spying, will Marlon know?
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 07, 2013 8:46 pm
Craz says...

@KeiPie: Doe didn't get the supplies yet because she didn't know what everyone had in the first place, and she did have her own weapon as I mentioned in my last post. She was just waiting for everyone else and didn't realize that people had started to arrive; she wasn't useless/clueless about what she was supposed to do.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

5 Reviews

Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
KeiPie says...

Hmm I just assumed that when she went away she bought supplies. Do you need me to change that?
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 pm
Dakushau says...

@KeiPie: Can ghost sprites became more visible if they want too?

Note: KeiPie put that the king would provide horses to those that don't have dragons. My dragon character Ahkrin is going to offer someone a ride when we depart on our journey.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue May 07, 2013 11:16 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

KeiPie wrote:@Griffinkeeper

Thanks! I enjoyed writing that post. Sure I can add something in... But if Leif is spying, will Marlon know?

Because Marlon is working with new people that are outside his circle of trust, he will operate under the assumption that everyone is a possible spy. This large group includes Leif. Marlon's principle concern is the possibility of Azak spies; not so much the King's spies. If Leif begins acting strange around Marlon or watching Marlon more than usual, he'll attract Marlon's attention.

Marlon will also test for leaks in other ways. For instance, he might tell someone a juicy and phony bit of gossip after swearing them to secrecy. Then he'll see how quickly that news spreads throughout the group. If someone is untrustworthy, they'll probably not be able to keep it a secret.

More devious methods might be to say that they are heading toward one location, while directing them to another. After he says that, he might send a recon flight to the location of where he said he'd be, and see if there are Azak's watching and waiting there.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Wed May 08, 2013 12:45 am
Craz says...

@KeiPie: If that would be okay, but you don't have to change the part about him taking inventory.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

Random avatar

Thu May 09, 2013 4:41 pm
Hopkin says...

@Crazycraz just a thought, would it be okay with you if my elf Roukin, fell in a crush love with Doe? Because she's kind of cute, and it would be cool because he doesn't like humans very much, but since she's helf elf and human, it makes him start to like humans and her a lot more. But Doe doesn't have to fall in a love crush with him or anything, ;) just tell me what you think.

5 Reviews

Thu May 09, 2013 4:51 pm
KeiPie says...

@Dakushau I suppose ghost sprites can be more visible. Their invisibility is more a gift than a curse so they have the ability to become invisible, but don't always have to be.

@Griffinkeeper Ok cool! Leif is smart so he shouldn't be too obvious :)

@Crazycraz Got it!

@Hopkin Just send a PM to Ivy's 'owner.' If I do not get a reply or if he allows you to take over his character, I'll let you know. If you are willing to wait for that, great. If not, then you may create another character just make sure you write with all three.
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan