—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Vil, either way, I hope you enjoy it!

And welcome to the roleplay, @Carina! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:51 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hi @Magebird, I'm also really interested in joining but I wanted to ask a quick question. Is it okay for me to roleplay one of my actual DnD characters, who already has her own spells and abilities? (Also, once we have "joined" are we able to just post a short intro to our character as they approach the tavern?)
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:03 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I'm not mage but I'm pretty much 100% certain that the answer is yes, any character is fine, and also yes, basically just do what mage did and write an intro post getting them either to or on their way to the tavern. Mage herself will probably fill you in on anything I missed.

I also just realized we don't have a 16+ rating, so my sailor who swears like one is probably not the greatest fit.

My other considerations are one of the Sins (powers toned down significantly), a certain cowardly street rat, the rich gal who accidentally became the closest thing that street kid has to a guardian, Drama Emporer Of The Century, or someone no one on this site has properly met.

It's sort of hard to choose since I don't know who anyone else is really throwing in, with the exception of Mage. Since it's based on DnD, I feel like a balanced party may be slightly important.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:10 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I guess the other question would be should my character be originally from this world (maybe teleported to the forest from another location?) or just make up a world for her to be from? If that's at all important.

As for my character, she's a tiefling phoenix sorceress, so has mainly ranged, fire spells, and thus adds another spell caster alongside Mage's.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:13 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Only Cyr and Mage has seen her in a different DnD-esque RP lol, but I plan on bringing Mel in! Although, I'm retrofitting her unique to this RP so she'd have a DnD-ish background rather than the somewhat modern dystopian world she's from.

Think: chaotic/dirt-and-rags background that led her to be an arcane trickster rogue specializing in illusions and becoming one of the best scammers of the city, Robin Hood style 8)

According to the prompt in the first page of the RP, it looks like all our characters come from different worlds. I'd also be interested if Mage says she'll allow exceptions, though lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:35 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Usually characters are all from different worlds, but it's up to mage whether or not an exception will be made.

As for my characters, we have as our options:

-The Sins: each has a different power set and ability level, but they're based around the seven deadly sins and are quite literally the manifestations of those concepts, so all of them can induce the emotion associated with their sin and a few of them have other abilities. Only Wrath, Envy, and Pride are really direct fighters, the rest are more indirect influence, though Greed acts like they want to start a fight 300% of the time.

-Street rat: a half-decent pickpocket and can make himself almost completely unnoticeable in just about every situation. If he's in a direct fight, though, he'll probably cry and someone's gonna have to protect him. Really, really good at evsedroping.

-Rich chick: direct fighter. Can and will hurt/kill anything she puts her mind to. She's most accustomed to situations where she has the element of surprise and usually plays the long game. There's not much that's beneath her.

-Drama Emporer: Comic relief and an excellent actor. He will contribute exactly nothing to a combat scenario and probably make a habit of making everything worse all the time.

-Mystery character: Werewolf, partially in control of the wolf, sort of, too selfish to do more than convincingly pretend to be a team player, will flirt with just about anything.

So it's just a matter of balancing the crew out. I think we have too many spellcasters, frankly, so maybe someone with little to no magical ability would be best, is what I'm thinking.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:00 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey! Sorry for not being able to reply sooner - I've been video-calling my irl friend. @TheMulticoloredCyr basically said everything I would have, but yes to the short intro post and yes to your character being from anywhere!

I'd prefer if they weren't from this specific world because I'm still toying with the reason everyone was brought to this place, but I'm 100% down for the character(s) being from another D&D story. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for the double post, but welcome to the roleplay @SpiritedWolfe! I don't think we've ever written together, so I can't wait to see how this goes. <3

Also yes to Mel and yes to literally any of your characters, Cyr! I love all of them. <3
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:52 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm just really excited about this roleplay so hi again. :P I thought I should probably explain what Dresden and Raptor's roles are, since I never really clarified that in my original post. >>

What Raptor is technically is a secret, but I think the explanation Dresden gives (and Raptor reluctantly goes along with) is that he's either a paladin or a barbarian. It'll probably be a barbarian at first and then shift to a paladin after Raptor discovers a few things. :)

Or Dresden will just keep giving different explanations every time someone asks.

Dresden is counting himself as a necromancer, but he's quickly going to realize things are a little more complicated than that.
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:14 am
View Likes
Carina says...

YES I'M EXCITE TOO. and good point, Cyr!

I've went ahead and made a quick character sheet for Mel, so I've got it all figured out now. >:) She'll be a high elf wizard under the School of Illusion.

But I would like to say that Mel is going to be an almost pure illusionist, so none of her spells are going to do any damage. She can do support/debuffing during fights and also help out for plot stuff, like turning invisible or appearing as someone else. But the only damage she can do is with her weapons, and since she's a wizard, she's not super great at it >_>

Just thought I'd put it out there now before someone decides to do another support-heavy character ~
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:12 am
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

I know any character is fine, but I'll just ask to make sure. Can my character be a Kenku, or is that too extreme?
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I HAS POSTED

enjoy the slice of random chaos, mage lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:40 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Carina, the slice of chaos is beautiful. :P

@SpiritedWolfe, great post, too! :)

And @luminescence, go for it! I admit I had to look up what a kenku was because they never came up during the two/three short-lived d&d campaigns I was in, but they sound fine to me. :)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:21 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

okay so im a few days late to this and all I saw saw DND rp and my brain went WELL I GOTTA so idk if there's room for one more!

But if I came in I'd wanna use... my LVL 10 high elf cleric from my last campaign but idk if that's too high level u CAN LET ME KNOW i would be reffing his spells and sheet I already have lol

IDK if an already DND character would change how he interacts w/the rp tho

like if everything seems off for him or if he'd change in appearance, or if this is more to DND-ify a non DND character

idk I'm still backlogging messages sorry if I repeat questions

ALSO Kiirion can do support but he can also do damage, even if it ain't his biggest strength lol. He's got some SPELLS ya know
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford