Young Writers Society

The Cantina [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Working on a first post for this now! I'm just trying to figure out if I can get away with copying a description of Télos from an old roleplay or if I have to write one up. >>

I'm starting to think I'll have to write a brand new one up, since the other roleplays he's been in have involved costume changes.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for posting so many times in a row, but my first post is up! I left what was at the end of the hallway vague so we could figure that out together, but I hopefully got everything else right!

Also, here's my character's description for future reference:

(It's also in my post over in the actual roleplay!)

Spoiler! :
Télos: It's hard to put an exact age to him, but he appears to be somewhere in his early twenties. He has long, black hair that he keeps in a braid; the braid goes down to his waist. He also has golden eyes, but their color might change later on in the roleplay when he runs into the other characters. As of right now, he's wearing a pair of faded blue jeans, scuffed sneakers, a dark purple hoodie and a black t-shirt with a Minecraft gold ingot on it.
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:01 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Posted! It looks good to me.

@Magebird, I thought we discussed the end of the hallway being the central area? I'm picturing a big indoor garden but I'm down for other ideas/embellishments as well.

And are we doing the hallways with general fears tailored to our characters as well?

Also, I really like the idea someone suggested of having other people in our character's lives that we have tension with come into play rather than fears.

Excited to see what you all come up with!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Elinor, we did! I just had a door leading into the room, since we never decided on a specific design for the central room. I know you mentioned the garden before, but I'm not sure anyone commented on that specific idea - so I wasn't sure if that was the plan.

I can definitely edit my post so there's no door at the end of the hallway, but the door would lead into the central room! :)

(Sorry for not being clearer earlier!)

Also, I love your post! I love how it gave a look into Amy's life. <3
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:33 am
View Likes
Carina says...

So this is a small detail, but are we doing the typical RP Realm style of "your character magically awakes in this new world" or are we tailoring our characters so that they are aware that a multidimensional area exists and is purposefully visiting a room of their choice? @_@ for some reason I was under the impression of the latter, so the posts caught me off guard.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:59 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Carina AH - I DON'T REMEMBER things about that and what was decided on, I just took my cues from mage and elinor's post and assumed the typical "oc wakes up in funny world wack"

I KNOW THAT DOESNT REALLY ANSWER YOUr QueSTION i'm sorry for the confusion though :(
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Carina, I think it was suggested on the previous page that our character entered through one place and noticed that the place looked kind of weird - but I don't think you necessarily have to do that if you're not comfortable with it! If @soundofmind is volunteering her shadowman, I could imagine the shadowman letting there be some kind of a mix between the two options if that's more nerve-wracking to your character. :)

I admit I'm not entirely sure what you meant about tailoring our characters, but I just know that Télos decided to go down the hallway because of process of elimination - the room he first ended up in didn't have anything or anyone he could use as a clue to what's going on, so he thought he would see what was in the hallway. I don't think he's aware that a multidimensional area exists; I don't even think he knows that multiple dimensions are a thing. >>

(We're actually one Mage post away from him freaking out about other characters. :P)

I'm sorry for confusing everyone with my post. ^^" I tried using what we discussed earlier, but I really should have checked what details we were going with before I made my first post.
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:05 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

No worries Mage. I also assumed it was the former, and would have without Mage’s post, which makes more sense for Amy anyway. But @Carina if you want it to be the other for your character I don’t think that would conflict with much.

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

aHhH thanks guys! I'm totally cool with it, I was just confused for a hot sec ahaha. I think the "tailoring our characters to the story" part came up in the pad, but there were so many convos happening, I probably wasn't on the same page lol. That and the original premise of having our characters chill at a cantina made me think that they were purposefully there and hence did not magically awake in a mAgiCal room

ANYWAYS hopefully my logical thought process kind of made sense so I don't come off as an insane person lol

I'm going to rethink my character, but I'll try to sneak in a post tonight!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:40 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

We'll have our post up by tomorrow :) Just have some other priorities to finish off, but we promise that we will get y'all a post :D
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I can't wait to see your posts, @Carina and @ThePatchworkPilgrims! :)
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:58 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I got a little carried away but I posted a slice of abrupt chaos lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I didn't get a chance to post this sooner, but awesome post, @Carina! I can't wait to have Télos interact with Evaline - as well as Amy and Bo. Different versions of Télos and Bo have met in the past, so I already have a vague idea of what their interactions will be like. But it'll definitely be fun seeing how he reacts to someone new. <3
mage

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:12 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Sorry that took so long! This week has been a whirlwind of crazy :) ~J
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:52 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I want to post again, but I can't remember what we decided the deal was with the hallways.

-- Walt Disney

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality