z

Young Writers Society

The Cantina [DT]

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:15 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

They're basically like the "doors" to the Cantina. So the room where everyone gathering is basically like a "sideroom" of the Cantina.

Speaking of posting, we'll get another one up some time tonight. Gotta try and cover a potential manor plot hole (aka, how all of our characters from different worlds/stories understand one another) ;-) Since we recently had to do something similar in our WIP novel, we want to do it now when it still makes sense :)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@ThePatchworkPilgrims beat me to posting, but here was what my reply was going to originally be:

-

@Elinor, I think we decided that the hallways lead into the main room - and that there's other hallways leading off from those that will bring us to the rooms the main conflict (whatever we end up settling on!) for each character happens in.

You mentioned the idea of a greenhouse in the center of the room, and I definitely think it would be interesting if that was the main room! Since Cantina is in the name and I can't stop thinking of the place from the Lego Star Wars game, maybe we can make it into some kind of green house restaurant-esque place?

(Also I included a door in my post because that was what made the most sense for me, but I don't think it really matters if there is or isn't one there - we can blame the shadowman for any discrepancies. :))

On a slightly unrelated note, @Carina, who was Evaline pulling into a chokehold? Was it Amy?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:27 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

For whatever reason, I didn't process Carina's post. I'm assuming it's Amy, I don't know who else would it be. Either way, short post from me!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's what I was thinking. :)

Great post, by the way! I can't wait to see Evaline's reaction - and I can't wait to finally have Télos leave his hiding spot and join her and Amy.
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Also! For those characters that are of Earth and those that aren't... this is pretty much the sweatshirt that Amy is wearing.

It's a bit unclear from Carina's posts what universe she's from, but for the others I'm curious to gauge their reactions (ie, the ones who will know what it is and the others who will be totally confused). Haha.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:30 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

omg BO WILL RECOGNIZE IT and be like oh :,) someone from where I'm from :,) Nivana... I know dat reference
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:06 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

And Amy will be like: Yeah I totally had the biggest crush on Kurt Cobain and got in several fights with my boyfriend about it... then he's the one that goes and cheats on me

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:31 am
View Likes
Carina says...

LOOOL okay i already eff'd this roleplay im sowwy

for some reason I thought we ended up in a hallway and the room they were in IS the conflict room. I remembered thinking "oh ya ellie did say the ice cream shop would be significant!.... hmm i can totally see bo's apt being significant in someway.... ok i don't know how a cafeteria is significant but that'll be interesting to see"

oh gosh maybe this is why we should've done more clear planning lol oops SORRY GUYS i can edit if necessary lol just pretend u didn't read any of that then
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Carina, I think it's okay! I'm sure there can be overlap.

We'll just keep blaming shadow man.

(Also now I'm trying to imagine what kind of conflict Télos could have in a cafeteria. Maybe not enough pumpkin pie? :P You would think it wouldn't be that bad, but he is pretty fond of his pumpkin pie. >>)

I guess the lesson is that planning is important and I need to fight the impatient side of me that wanted to run headfirst into a roleplay without waiting for people to answer questions. :)

On a slightly unrelated note: Télos will have absolutely no idea what Nirvana is. But if he gets any sort of indication that Nirvana is important and is a normal Earth thing, he will 100% pretend that he knows what Nirvana is. The pretending will be horrible and see through, but he'll try.

Also, @ThePatchworkPilgrims, I can't wait to read your post! Gisenna seems pretty interesting already. :)
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:31 am
View Likes
Carina says...

shadow man its all ur fault mmm MMm pumpkin pie

we'll just roll with it then! now that i think about it, i think it's less to do with planning and more to do with a lack of a first page prompt. turns out those few paragraphs can really clear up confusion huh lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It really does. >>

(I don't know how I ever roleplayed without those.)

Also, I just posted! I know I should probably give Télos some respect after everything my younger self put him through, but the temptation for him to make a fool out of himself was too strong. :P
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted again! I was torn between waiting for @ThePatchworkPilgrims to go and getting a post up, but I decided to go for it because Bo asked Télos a question.

But I'll wait now. <3
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:46 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

I also sneaked a quick postie in there!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:35 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

i love how suspicious ur girl is of everybody and i wANT TO KNOW HER STORY lol
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:37 am
View Likes
Carina says...

HEHE

i've not really written her out when she's older so i'm kind of winging it lol but she is xtra paranoid sorry u will all have to deal
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White