z

Young Writers Society

Feudal: Revamped [DT]

Do you have Discord, or can you acquire it?

I have Discord already.
86%
I've never used Discord, but I can get it.
14%
I do not have access to Discord.
No votes

Total votes : 7

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:28 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

I realized just now that somehow I overlooked our lack of American Soldier character profile. @Bullet, are you still with us? Introductions will be individual, so no one will need you to have a character up anytime too soon and thus you can still participate. :)

But if you're not interested anymore, lemme know so I can make an NPC for your role.

In other news, I'll have my post up very soon. There also shall be a challenge issued to you all. ;)

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:31 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

im def still interested! meant to do a character profile but have completely forgotten up til now. i'll work on that today!

edit: unsure where to put my cp once i finish it?

176 Reviews

Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:38 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

In the sidebar of the storybook, there is a place to "create new character". Follow that link and it should be pretty self-explanatory.

176 Reviews

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:50 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

And so it begins! Everyone can now write their introductory posts. Let us get to know your character. You're all in Higashi Village, so you should end your post by hearing the gunshots at the end of mine to establish continuity. Otherwise, what you do is up to you. You can also collaborate if you want your characters to meet early or have a relationship older than the story. It's up to you!

I am sometimes a bit of a stickler for formatting, so I do ask that you all use this code for the top of your post.
Code: Select all
[center][b][size=125]Your Character's Full Name, Their Kanji/Kana[/size][/b][/center]

You can copy the kanji/kana from your character profiles, as I added them to your submissions if they didn't already have them. Also, if you add breaks into your posts, please use this format.
Code: Select all
[center][b]* * * * * * * *[/b][/center]

Eight stars for eight characters. I'm so creative.

There is also a challenge! It can be found here, and I encourage you to try and complete it. :)

One more thing! This story will require a good bit of communication, and while DTs are amazing, real-time chatting often works better. Do you all have Discord or the ability to access and use it at least semi-frequently? It's free to use can be accessed through your browser, or installed on your computer or phone. If so, I would love to have us communicating over there as well. But seeing as I don't want to leave anyone out of the conversations, if anyone doesn't have it and can't get it, we'll just scrap the idea. I've turned the question into a poll so do answer it por favor.

Happy storybooking, everyone!

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Posted for Bu, looking forward to this SB
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:00 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

yay!! I plan on reading the posts tomorrow and hopefully writing mine up tomorrow as well!!! :D
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

176 Reviews

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:35 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Hey, I think I've already mentioned in the other SB but I'm going on hiatus so I'm afraid I'll have to drop out. I'm sorry about it but I hope the rest of you guys have a lot of fun!! <3
always daydreaming, always clumsy

4129 Reviews

Reviews: 4129
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:55 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Aaand I posted. Just barely squeaked past a thousand by like 8 words. Hopefully it isn't too bad. I am horrible at introductions.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

176 Reviews

Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:10 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

That's quite alright, @PrincessInk! No worries at all... As I asked over in Harvesters, do you mind if we make your character an NPC?

@HarryHardy Great post!

We still have one person who hasn't answered the survey at the top of this thread, but as of right now everyone else is able to use Discord. As such, I'm going to make the Discord server for this SB by the end of this weekend. If the final person answers that they can't use Discord by then, then I'll scrap it, but otherwise this seems like it'll be the plan. Thanks, everyone!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:03 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

me, several days later: ah yes, this

Finally read the posts!

@sheyren Loved your post and the action in it!! Jinpachi seems like he'll be a good leader for our crew and I loved the sweet tender moment with his wife!
@Chaser Omg, I love Bu and his personality, and you did so well with the interactions he had with the elders and Makoto! What a great introduction! Loved all the little details hinting to Bu's past
@HarryHardy Aww, I hope Haruko finds Ni!! what a bittersweet flashback

I'm going to try to finish my post soon! Sorry it's taking longer than I said before!! I'm a bit run down and trying to pace myself.

Also I know I voted already, but I'm down for discord! It'd be fun to chat there!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:31 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Aaaaaand POSTED! Sooner than i thought!

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:24 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

these new post are all so heckin good Im gon crie

also I really do hope we can get a discord together, it would help SO MUCH with both planning and motivation
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

176 Reviews

Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:21 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Great post, @soundofmind!

And I'll admit - I got impatient in my excitement, so I made the Discord server a bit early. Here's the link whoops
https://discord.gg/SD88nDy

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:18 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

phpBB [media]

Guys there's this super, super interesting 11 minute video on the Meiji era (the era this SB takes place in) and it condenses the spirit and important events in a fun and digestable way

And I never would have been so in love with the unique aesthetic and spirit of the Meiji Restoration without it, highkey recommend if you want a fair idea of it but you just want the quick fun version
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild