z

Young Writers Society

The Seven School Mysteries [DT]

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:05 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Funny I should ask then :P You take all the time you need, and if you need rest, you rest (:
I'm winning at life!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks, @EverLight. <3

I was about to write up my first post, but then I wasn't sure who I was going to include in it - I'd love to have some other characters show up and interact with Eli if it's possible! I know @SirenCymbaline already has plans for her post, so I thought I'd ask here if anyone had plans for theirs, too.

(For example, since Enid works in the nurse's office and Eli is going to end up there during her post, I'll probably have the injury that brings them there happen near the end of my post.)

I can help set up future plans, or just have fun little antics of your characters in the background.

So what are everyone's ideas for their posts? This first round of posts is mostly to introduce your character, so there won't really be anything building up towards the main plot of the story.

@EverLight @SebiGhoul @Hedwiggle @TheMulticoloredCyr @hiraeth @SirenCymbaline
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:37 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Your welcome (:
I'd rather not reveal what my first post will be about if that's all right with you <3
I'm winning at life!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's definitely okay with me, @EverLight! Let me know if there's any way I can help you set up your schemes in my first post, or if you have any questions about whatever your Super Secret Plans™ are and how they work with the mechanics of the SB as a whole.
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:44 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Thank you, and will do (:
I'm winning at life!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:52 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

I was planning for Nyx to start off with playing a prank on a newbie student who just joined the school and possibly even add a bit of things she does every day.

Also, what month in the school year is it? And is it September-July or January-December?
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I have a habit of writing stories around the same time it is when I'm writing them, so I'd say that we're in early March right now.

(I know it's the end of March, but that gives us some more time to squeeze things in before the end of the school year. Having it in March also gives a sense of urgency to solve what's going on at Ravenwood.)

And the calendar is September to June, with a December, February and April break.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:33 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I was going to start plotting the round of posts that come after this one, but I spent too much time working on a summary of each of the characters instead. I'll probably come up with that plot in the next few days.

In the meantime, come check out the newly made pad for this storybook! It has some short summaries of the characters, as well as what their number is in the school mysteries.
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

So I'm Mystery Numero Siete (number seven). How very special-especially since the number Seven appears in the title for ths SB.
I'm winning at life!

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Weeeheheheeeee I can't wait to see all our lovely babies in action
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The first post is finally up! I apologize for taking so long to write it.

My original plan was to include a few of the other mysteries, but I realized about midway through that it was going to be too long. I really wanted to include a scene with Eli and a new apparition to show how rumors could affect apparitions - both with their creation and changing them.

I also wanted to include the other two members of the first mystery. Neither one of them will have a major role in this storybook, but they're an important part of Eli's life and have been around longer than any of the other apparitions.

If it wasn't clear from my post, Alden represents the past, while Dawn represents the future. Alden is an old man; Dawn is a young girl. Those ideas were taken from the manga this is based on, but the names and personalities are entirely my own.

Now that my post is up, who wants to post next?
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:19 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

I'll post next <3
I'm winning at life!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

How's your post coming along, @EverLight? I saw you post on your wall that you were working on it. :)
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:10 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

It's coming along (:
I'm winning at life!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's great! :)
mage

queer and here.

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown