z

Young Writers Society

Damocles DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@EthanHooter Thank you, m'dear! Oh, those happen in SBs, but hey, not gonna complain! *grabs bonus points*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:05 pm
Europa says...

Back briefly, for a few hours at least. @Tortwag, the only critique I have about how you wrote Dawn is growing her own plants from nothing drains her energy more than just accelerating the growth of existing plants like she did with the trees. She'd be a whole lot more worn out if she used a vine she grew herself to get to Teresa.

40 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:41 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Europa Back to the original plan, then, I need Teresa to lift her up there. Hmm, that'll leave her more worn out, but they'll get some time to recuperate during the walk. Didn't want her to get all the action, but oh well! Allow me to modify.

EDIT: Done! Does that seem better, m'dear?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:28 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

Europa and I now present our first villain, the test subject you've all been waiting for! Damocles Zero!

Zero is technically our kin, having been raised for the same project generation. However, his powers were deemed too unstable, and thus he was decommissioned. When he realizes that others in life have significantly better fates than he, he goes on a bit of a jealous rampage.

His particular ability is acceleration, which can cause things to fly away or combust. He'll be more a threat to humanity than us, but feel free to convince him otherwise.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

40 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:57 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Chaser So, if he's been raised from the same generation, does that mean everybody knows him? What happens when you're "decommissioned?"

And also, uh, how does acceleration leads to flying away or combustion? I'm only asking because of the amount of acceleration-based powers there are. Y'know, molecular acceleration, time acceleration, aging-acceleration, DNA acceleration, etc. Not sure which one it is and to what extent. Though the previous questions could be a spoiler, that last one definitely needs an answer in case we need to write him as we fight or something.

Fun stuff, though!

177 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:00 pm
Chaser says...

Zero was separated from the others at infancy due to his instability already showing. The others have gotten clues of there being an eleventh subject, but could never confirm it.

His acceleration has two forms, a long-range pseudo-telekinesis, and a contact-based molecular acceleration that results in extreme heat or cold, or combustion.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

40 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Chaser Okay. Hmm, so they don't actually know him personally. Gotcha. Does the pseudo-telekinesis affect any mind he comes in contact with? And does he need a few seconds to focus before activating it? Or is it "pseudo"-telekinesis because he doesn't actually messes with your mind, but messes with your sensations instead?

Contact-based molecular acceleration as the second. Got it.

177 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Chaser says...

@EthanHoover I think you meant to post that in the DT. Anyway, pertaining to your question, I think it's fine for some of them to have left their planes or to have already grouped up. The main catalysts are to find each other and Zero right now. Feel free to involve the mystified populace or the military recon as well.

@Tortwag I hadn't thought about it that greatly... Let's say that Zero's telekinesis has no wind-up as much as it does a mental toll, which can affect his usage of it. It's pseudo in the sense that it creates a huge kinetic impact in the nervous systems of multiple people, usually causing them to die from shock.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:00 pm
Elfboy says...

Oops, sorry about that! So we don't know about Zero yet, but does he know about us?
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

40 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:28 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Chaser It's okay, m'dear. I usually do, due to being a battle-hungry person - and I do realize that we'll have to write a deadly conflict with him eventually.

Ah. Soooo, he can one-shot all/most of us upon meeting as long as we're in sight then? Goshdarn it, we'd really need a Professor Xavier right about now. Negotiation it is!

45 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:14 pm
Europa says...

GUESS WHO'S BACK!

@Chaser thanks so much for taking over!

@EthanHoover how's the post coming? I'd like if it were up soon. Like, early next week soon.

40 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:33 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Europa Welcome back, m'dear! Hope you enjoyed your time!

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:31 pm
Elfboy says...

@Europa almost done, I'm finishing the final draft. Sorry I'm taking so long, I have a very thorough writing process (Outline, First Draft, Revise, Edit, Second Draft, Revise, Edit, Final Draft, Revise, Edit.).
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:37 pm
kat13254 says...

I was planning to wait for Corvid to post before I did, Cyra is more of a follower
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

45 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:28 pm
Europa says...

@kat13254 good to know.

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind