z

Young Writers Society

SS Selkie DT

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:48 pm
Elinor says...

Can I reserve the first officer spot if it's still available?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:12 am
soundofmind says...

OOF I'm too late. DARN.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:58 am
sheysse says...

@StellaThomas How important is the captain role gonna be? If the answer is very, then I'm going to need a lot of guidance from you. XD

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:55 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@Elinor - sure!

@soundofmind- ugh, I'm sorry! D: I'll let you have first refusal

@Sheytato - nope not that important. The only thing is that you'll probably get the mission briefs from the syndicate which I might send to you? Although maybe they also come through our navigator who I assume also sits at the comms desk. Really you just have to be bossy sometimes ;)

And yay! Our crew is complete :) so if every one wants to get their profiles up? Each of our first posts is going to be meeting Guzzler, who is just generically silent and unpleasant. He will give you the job no matter what happens in the interview so just have fun with it and take the chance to introduce your character as best as possible. Then our second posts will be everyone meeting on the ship. And then we'll eventually get our first super secret mission ;)

Also this is just the skeletal plot - I should make a WFP for every one to add ideas but please express them here. We'll have a better idea once every one has their characters in.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:00 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Kinda wanna make my character like Saitama - indifferent and somewhat emotionless
And always with this blank expression on his face
But he's the beast of all beasts when it comes to piloting a ship

And then half the interview is just awkward silence and him just staring at Guzzler
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:42 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

RaidenCheese wrote:Kinda wanna make my character like Saitama - indifferent and somewhat emotionless
And always with this blank expression on his face
But he's the beast of all beasts when it comes to piloting a ship

And then half the interview is just awkward silence and him just staring at Guzzler

@RaidenCheese - I love this xDD and he'll totally stump Fletcher because she'll try to make fun of him and he just stares back.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:48 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Oh it's gonna be great
She could be like "Hey stupid, give me a hand here!"
But he just stares at her, and then his eyebrows raise slightly
"Oh were you talking to me?"
"Yes!"
"But my name isn't stupid."
"It is now!"
"No, it's not "now" either. My name is Ryder."
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:19 pm
View Likes
Nobunaga says...

I've always loved the "cute but deadly" trope so that's what ill be going for with this. Profile coming later tonight!
"Be the butthole" - Lareine, 2018

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:38 pm
StellaThomas says...

Nobunaga wrote:I've always loved the "cute but deadly" trope so that's what ill be going for with this. Profile coming later tonight!

100% up for this! Looking forward to your profile. If this is your first SB (is it?) feel free to PM me or ask here if you need a hand with anything re: the profile though it's mostly self-explanatory.

Can already tell we're going to have an amazing cast, guys :)

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:10 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

So far I've got a super awkward geeky girl who adores engineering. She's low-key becoming one of my favorite characters ever xD Cp will be coming soon! She's so fun to build as a character that I can't stop lol
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:50 pm
View Likes
Nobunaga says...

Id like some more information on Titan since that's where Clec's from.
"Be the butthole" - Lareine, 2018

102 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:02 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Aaannddd cp is up! I have genuinely fallen in love with her as a character xD
she/her please <3

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:40 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@Nobunaga - it's densely forested and I was low key imagining that it's basically a huge hippy colony but if you're from there then I feel like you can play with that. Basically Martians = strictly religious and moral, Titans = v laidback (whether that's hippy or not is up to you) and Ganymede is harsh Siberia. Juno and Hera - the space stations are huge grunge-y cities and Artemis I imagine something like downtown Detroit (I've never been to Detroit but think urban decay and poverty).

As I say, if you're choosing to have a character from an area and it doesn't fit your purposes, we can play around with these profiles - after all they're only sound bytes!

@TheBlueCat - Jayden is approved! Looks like we're going to have lots of girls with boy names - anyone doing the reverse? ;)

102 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:47 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Haha well originally I was going to have Jay be a boy, but she turned into a girl and I couldn't shake that perfect name! Also, Jayden is pretty much a gender neutral name and so is Jay, according to Google anyways. Actually what happened was I was looking for pictures of inspiration and came across the one I'm using for Jay now and I knew that that girl was Jay xD
she/her please <3

'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy