z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers 2.0. DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Chaser - Awesome! Glad to have you back!

@Hattable - Great character! Accepted!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:05 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

sorry if i took too long making my characterrr, but there he isss
i'm supposed to be going on a week-long vacation starting this coming weekend, (i think that's when, at least) but after that i should be available to write every two weeks or so or whatever it is

hopefully i don't drag the sb down again this time around but feel free to drop me if i do
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:22 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I had a bit of an idea about morph suits for the new Animorphers. I was thinking that in re-creating the experiment, they'd make improvements to the suits. In addition to being lightweight and skintight, they're also bulletproof and have some sort of technology that can absorb the force of an impact, you know things like that. They are creating super soldiers after all. Might as well make sure they're well protected, right?

93 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:53 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I like that idea, but in the chaos of rescuing the new Animorphers, I doubt they would really have time to find the new suits.

What if The Protectorate studied the original suits and they were the ones who made the upgrades? By now, most of their original suits are probably a bit torn up anyway. The Protectorate could work on making new improved suits for them.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:07 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I like that, the Protectorates making the new suits.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:09 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

Profile is in, minions. Though, I couldn't put in the file for Neon's picture, so could you do that, Lefty?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:37 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Regarding the suits, I think making them bulletproof might be going a bit overboard. After all, bulletproof body armour usually has to be very thick to prevent penetration, which means it can't be skin-tight. What if they were instead made from a highly tear-resistant fabric? I realise the characters in these storybooks are more likely to encounter bullets than other animorphers, but I feel improved morphing suits should provide increased protection without entirely removing the danger.

I'm also a little embarrassed to admit that while I did follow the first storybook initially, I eventually... err, kind of forgot about it. XD So I should know the answer to this question, but does morphing heal non-genetic injuries or ailments like it does in the original series?

PS: Is there a character named "Hannah" or any variation thereof in the story?

EDIT: I clicked submit and jumped to a different tab, not realising Chaser had posted in the meantime. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:08 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@AstralHunter good point and good idea.

93 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:40 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Chaser Accepted! I added the pic to his profile as well. ;)

@AstralHunter That is one concern I had about new suits... That it would make them too invincible. I like the idea of the protection being increased without danger being eliminated entirely. Technically, the original suits only purpose was to morph with them, so any form of protection would be an upgrade. Perhaps it could be more resistant? Or, if they were bullet-proof, maybe they can just barely catch the bullets, given the thin material? So even if they're shot, the impact still causes repercussions (bruising, broken bones, etc...) or if one of them is shot point blank, the suit doesn't hold up?

Aww, I didn't know you followed the SB. It's always cool to find out someone's a fan. :D

To answer your question, no, morphing doesn't heal injuries like in the original Animorphs series. They do, however, heal much faster than the average human.

And as for Hannah... Way back at the beginning of Animorphers 1.0., Tuesday made a character named Hannah Washington who was going to morph into a Baboon, but before the SB started, she had to drop out and the character was never written. Then I created Cole to fill the open spot.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:41 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Enspoilered below are two images of tactical body armour and my commnets on them.

On a different topic, am I the only one who feels incredibly intimidated by the number of character profiles there are? I finally settled on a character and went to the main page to open the character creation screen, only to go from "^_^" to "O_O" to "X_X" in about a second. XD

Spoiler! :
This is regular body armour. As you can see, it's quite padded, which is necessary to absorb the impact.

This is the smallest body armour I can find, but even so, it more resembles a jersey, which means it would fall under the category of normal clothes. The only way I see skintight body armour being a possibility is if we forego realism and borrow a leaf from The Incredibles' suits.

EDIT: Original Animorphers: Michael, Charlotte, Emma, Daniel, Neon, Riley, Gwen, Cole, Jinx, Layla

New Animorphers: Ashton, Finn, Alexandra, Imani, Joshua, James.

Did I become the awkward seventh leg of the insect? :smt005
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

93 Reviews

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:00 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@AstralHunter

I'm good either way when it comes to the suits. Yes, being bulletproof and skintight is a bit unrealistic, but at the same time, if they've already create the Animorphers technology and have designed nanobots and mind-control chips, bulletproof skintight clothing might not be a huge stretch (pun not intended :P) I think I'll put up a poll about it so people can vote.

Ashton and Cole are the same character, so I believe there are currently only five new Animorphers.

Also, Dan and Michael haven't returned yet and, given how the rounds and posting requirements work, every character might not be posted for each round. It is a bit overwhelming, but I think once we get settled into writing in the SB, it won't seem so intimidating.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:58 pm
View Likes
Veni says...

Is it still too late to sign up for this because it looks really cool.
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

93 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:10 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey, @Veni!

Thanks for the interest! It's not too late to sign up, but spots are filling up fast. Let me know if you have any questions!

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:26 am
View Likes
Veni says...

@LeftyWriter Awesome, so I should just create a profile and submit it? Are there any particular types of characters that are needed or will anything work?
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

93 Reviews

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:51 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Veni, yep you can go ahead and make a profile.

The main post of the SB pretty much explains the kinds of characters we're looking for if you haven't read it already. But basically, any personality, either gender, between the ages of 11 and 14, and they have to have come from an orphan/runaway background in some way.

You can see the list of animals that have already been taken on the first SB post and first DT post.

Thanks!

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery