z

Young Writers Society

999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine Doors DT

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Wed May 24, 2017 6:35 pm
View Likes
rosette says...

AAAHH! I need to be part of this- number four, please?
On earth I long to be like Him

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed May 24, 2017 7:16 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@rosette Done!

Wow, we only need one more taker! I'm super excited :D

If anyone wants to make their character, please go ahead. Also, now might be an opportune moment to hit that 'subscribe' button at the top of the DT and the SB so that we can all stay connected and such.

Once we have nine people I'll release a little more information about the concept and how it works. I've been playing the DS game yesterday and today as research.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed May 24, 2017 10:33 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

I remember this game, though I never played it. Can I take three?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 2:53 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@Chaser You certainly can :) Yeah, it's a bit of a blast from the past... but if you really want to know the truth, I rediscovered my old DS in my closet the other day and got nostalgic lol

Cool! We have all 9 slots taken! I wish this SB was adaptable enough to accept more people who are interested... but I'm not sure how that could be possible given the whole damn story revolves around nine.

Later today I'll post more info like I promised. If you're not certain about your character's history or hidden motives/secrets yet don't feel pressured; you can leave those two parts of the character profile blank or only brief until you know more about everything and we get the ball rolling. It would make me smile to see some character profiles in now that we have everyone :)

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu May 25, 2017 3:00 am
View Likes
Lael says...

If you don't mind me asking, could you add "DT" to the title of this thread, so we could differentiate between the DT and the actual SB when we start posting?

I'll try working on my CP over this weekend or next week, but no guarantees, since my final exams are coming up.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

92 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 3:05 am
AvantCoffee says...

Oh My! I hadn't even realised I'd done so. I can't seem to find anything that will enable me to edit the DT... Perhaps a SB moderator like Rydia could do it?

81 Reviews

Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 am
Lael says...

Try editing the opening post of this thread?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

92 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 3:12 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@Lael Thanks! I hadn't realised that would work.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu May 25, 2017 3:23 am
Sassafras says...

Anybody wanna throw character ideas off of one another?
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

81 Reviews

Thu May 25, 2017 3:28 am
Lael says...

I'm not quite sure where I want to go with my character yet. Have to keep thinking.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 3:53 am
AvantCoffee says...

Bear in mind that your character can know another character from before the ship abduction, or might be related to them.

Just so I'm aware, has anyone ever actually played the DS game before? Let me know if you have.

EDIT:
Ooh! Could one of you create a former scientist... preferably an older adult? I would, but I already know who my character is. It would tie into the ideas I'm thinking of.

I also require a sibling for my character, whom, to the lucky owner of that character, I will reveal various plot secrets to. (Only for someone who doesn't mind knowing a little more about the story mystery than the others).

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

92 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 12:44 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

@Sheyren Mwahahaha! We shall conspire together :twisted: I don't mind what the sibling is like, so create whatever you want to create.

I just made and uploaded my character to the SB. Here it is.

As for the code names of your characters, the official characters of the DS game were given code names that relate in some way to their number. For example, 1 was "Ace" (like the card), 6 was "June" (like the sixth month of the year), 8 was "Lotus" (because a lotus flower has eight petals). If you can't think of any correlations that's fine, but it might be fun to do! :)

I'll be a little busy the next two or so days, so focus on creating your characters and the relationships/history between them (if there is any). I have decided to release the extra info later, when we have a few more character profiles.

81 Reviews

Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

So I don't forget before making my CP, I'm just gonna say my character's code name is Star, as in the common five-pointed star. Keeping it simple. Surprisingly, that took me a little while to think of it. :P

92 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 3:54 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Nice, I like it! Star is such a cool code name :)

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
— Dr. Seuss