z

Young Writers Society

Oceanside Academy for the... Eccentric DT

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:57 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Hazel I think everyone else stole our ideas >:)
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:01 am
Lael says...

Rawr rawr rawr what are you talking about?!?! ;) (Okay, joking.) Honestly though, I for one didn't copy. Great minds think alike? :P
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:04 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Hey guys!

So we're going to start posting no later than this Wednesday so please tell your friends to join, I would really love to have more people, especially male characters. So anybody you know who has room for an SB, or wants to try an SB, send them the link! Also, don't be afraid to claim another character, I have 2 and I think that makes things more interesting and opens us up to write with other peeps!

@HazelGrace16 @Poopsie @LeftyWriter @TinyJarStoredDreams @EmmaKi

All the characters look so amazing and unique! I've noticed a bunch of these characters are shy so if you claim other ones maybe we could have some more clashing personalities? Anger always makes things interesting!
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

62 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:25 am
Poopsie says...

@Rydia. Fan or naw??
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

271 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:26 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

How Campus is laid out and campus rules (though rules can be broken)

Rules

1. Boys and girls are allowed to be in each other's rooms with the door open until 7:00 pm, 9:00 pm on weekends.

2. There is no restriction as to how late you stay up but the dorm doors are locked promptly at 10:00 pm on weekdays and midnight on weekends, if you are caught outside the dorm after this time you will be punished. Dorms unlock again at 5:00 am.

3. You are not allowed off campus any times except for Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm and if you leave you must sign out and go with a buddy. People 18+ can come and go as they wish, with or without someone. You are allowed off campus during the week if a parent or guardian signs you out, that's it.

4. The pool is for swim team's use only during the week and open on weekends during normal hours, so from 5 am to 12 pm.

5. Students are required to follow a strict, uniform like dress code in class. Outside of class, students are allowed to dress as they wish as long as it doesn't distract, provoke, or offend others.

Dresscode

Khakis, dress pants or skirts are allowed. Skirts may not be shorter than fingertip length and cannot be denim or spandex. Boys are expected to wear collared/button down/polo shirts and girls are expected to wear a blouse. Attire should be kept neat and clean.

Campus Layout

Boys and girls dorms are separated by the recreational building. Laundry rooms are located at the top floor of each dorm, each dorm floor has 35 rooms, for purposes of the SB all chars of respective genders will be on one floor. There are approx 1500 students with 2 students to a room.

The recreational building is open at all times from dorm opening to dorm closing. The bottom floor includes the cafeteria and the gym and the pool, the middle floor is composed of 10 large game rooms with TVs, sofas, bean bag chairs, game systems, pool table and foozball etc. and the top floor is the library. Each floor is huge.

There are 3 education buildings that are opposite the dorms and recreation building. The first is across from boys dorm, that's the math and science building. The one in front of the rec building is the arts building and the building over after that is history and English. There's a large courtyard between the two with picnic tables and such. The entire school is in a clearing with woods about a half a mile away in each direction.

Off Campus

Oceanside is in LA, but really it's about a half hour away, by a small town. The small town has several different religious buildings, a small mall, a movie theater, a few cute restaurants and boutiques etc. Shuttle buses leave every half hour taking kids back and forth from the town to the school. When students sign out, they are given a lanyard to wear around their necks. This tracks where they are. students who take off the lanyard or do not answer cell phones while off campus lose privileges. Anybody who leaves the town limits lose privileges, etc.

If I've missed anything, let me know.
Last edited by Gravity on Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

62 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:59 am
Poopsie says...

so we should decide who will bunk with who right
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:07 am
ScarlettFire says...

My profile should be up tonight or tomorrow.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:08 am
NicoleBri says...

@Gravity I so want in! Character will be posted soon hopefully!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:35 am
Gravity says...

@NicoleBri awesome! Also, you need to post for LWPCP! #japril

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:13 pm
Rydia says...

Poopsie wrote:@Rydia. Fan or naw??

@Poopsie Ah you know me, I'm a sucker for personal invites and this does look fun!

Faaannn :D

Also I'm always happy to play a male but I can't promise he'll be straight (maybe bi to give the ladies a chance). I'll set some time aside tomorrow/ Weds to put a profile up!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

81 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:41 pm
Lael says...

@Gravity, just to be sure, this is staged in the present, as in 2016, right? And to be more specific, is it staged in February, or is it in another season/month?

Also, does age play any role in who bunks with who?

And does this start when they arrive at the school, or with the invitation coming to their houses first?

Wow, I feel like I'm hovering around here. I must be too excited for my own good. Kyung Jin is probably annoyed at me for adding/editing more stuff about him every few seconds. ;) I'm also a little disappointed because I probably can't participate during the week (thanks, school :smt076).
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

271 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:46 pm
Gravity says...

@EmmaKi arriving to school, yes in the present. Thank you for asking! It's actually going to be set in the fall, so the traditional beginning of the school year and some of the students have stayed over the summer if they have bad home lives.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:34 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Whats the roommate situation what charries would be staying over summer (Keigan most likely would)
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

81 Reviews

Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:52 am
Lael says...

Can we set the start date to two or three days before the first day of school, since all of the characters need to get "settled in" or meet the other people? @Gravity

81 Reviews

Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:09 am
Lael says...

Also wouldn't it be cool if all of us starter characters began our first parts with the invitation letter? (Of course, that would mean that a template would have to be made... but I think it's a cool idea...)

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content